Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 August 2017
I enjoyed everything about working at Electronic Arts. It was an added bonus to be able to play video games as part of my Job. The culture promoted creativity, fun and an overall fantastic atmosphere.
Pros
Video Games, Overtime Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Good Experience
Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2017
Working here has taught me many things. Some good, some bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Management can be hit or miss, but that is similar to any other place of employment. The workplace culture and benefits were always great.
Great work life balanced
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 June 2017
Great company, great people. It can get super intense when release cycle happens. My direct manager is super nice and good to us. However, big company problem. The higher up management need to know what they are doing.
Lying Liars Abound
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE5 May 2017
EA moved me from Chicago to Prince Edward Island to work at their Red Crow studio. 10 months later, I was told I was being laid off and not being relocated back to the States. Real professional, EA.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security whatsoever
Fun and relaxed environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 April 2017
Casual, laid back work environment of like minded individuals. This opportunity provided many opportunities to learn about the games industry both on the business and development side.
Pros
Good work life balance and culture
Cons
Job security (many contracted positions)
Productive and nice enviroment
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 March 2017
Typical day is a very busy day imaging workstations and setting up workstations. Working the Service Now ticketing queue and working with users was a pleasure.
Excellent place to work
Data Analyst (Development Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2017
Excellent Team Members with supportive attitude. I enjoy working here as the work environment is enthusiastic and motivating. Great Management. Excellent services.
All based on relationships
Senior Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Work produced and impact always overridden by relationships. Very slow to respond to external changes or push through any much needed culture transformation.
Best place i have worked.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2017
Electronic arts was by far the best place i have worked the management was amazing my co workers were friendly, It helped teach me how to work well with others as part of a team.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Cons
repetitive, temporary contract
Great place
Character Artist - Fifa17 (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
Its a great place with lots of great people. Lots of dogs around so if your into that its a real plus. Beer fridays were always welcome. Fantastic facility.
Pros
beer fridays
Cons
not much public transit to location
Job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2016
It was one of the best jobs i've ever had... The environment was great and the staff were even better. Very professional and a pleasant place to work.
Overal Experience
Systems Analyst / Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 October 2016
Very fast paced environment and stressful but the people are amazing. I spend over 15 Years here and loved working at EA. I recommend working there anytime, would love to go back.
Pros
Great People and environment.
Cons
Non
Helpful and Challenging
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indian, ON11 July 2016
Paid training, fast paced, never a dull moment, awesome teammates, cash prizes, weekly contests. Staff and employees very helpful and always willing to lend a hand. They teach you from the ground up. Always Challenging.
Fun experience, cool atmosphere.
Volunteer video game tester at Electronic Arts (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 June 2016
The typical day would include me arriving at 15 minutes before a scheduled time to sign in with the front desk, then going on to participate in surveys as well as play new content and give feedback which may help game developers.
Pros
Free lunch, Short hours
Nice culture company
Assistant Lighter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2016
Nice Culture
Free Foods
Easy job, but quite boring work if you want to challenge yourself don't work here
EA Game discount for employee
You can bring your dog to office
Man do I miss it.
Senior QA tester - Fifa 14 (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 May 2016
I worked at EA for a little over 3 months, right out of the gate from VFS, I have nothing but good memories of them, people from other teams were always polite, the facilities were phenomenal, and it was always such a great feeling to pull into the parking lot everyday, as a work place EA Burnaby is easily on top of all others.
Pros
In building cafe, Gym, basketball court, soccer field, arcade, showers.
Cons
the days ended exactly when the traffic was the heaviest
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
I spend two years working in EA. It is a great opportunity for me to work there. I learned a lot in that company. Although I did not play so many video games during my life. I heard a lot from my friends about how enjoy when they are playing video games. The company have great leadership and life work balance. I learned a lot from my co-workers who like to play video games.
Productive place with video games and table tennis
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP2 May 2016
A typical day has started with project assignment, we were assigned 2 games for our 8 hour shifts, as being a tester learned all the test development cycle and test scenarios, management was the best group of people who shared passion for gaming as every employee, co-workers were friends who shared the passion for gaming and were extremely helpful in making sure that all areas of the games has been tested, the hardest part was to make sure that we don't post the default bug in the game and the most enjoyable part would be the gaming time that we used to get between our testing.
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
Long hours or work on weekends
Good overall experience
Tester in the QA department (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 December 2015
Working in the mobile department has helped me understand mobile devices more deeply. It was a great part time job. It was a bit hard a t first since testing was always done on a different device, but you get used to it.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Limited tools
Contract Related
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE7 December 2015
1 year contract with no advancement. Was told 4 days before my contract ended it wouldn't be renewed. Management was/is harsh, no opportunities to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.