Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

All based on relationships
Senior Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Work produced and impact always overridden by relationships. Very slow to respond to external changes or push through any much needed culture transformation.
Best place i have worked.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2017
Electronic arts was by far the best place i have worked the management was amazing my co workers were friendly, It helped teach me how to work well with others as part of a team.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Cons
repetitive, temporary contract
Great place
Character Artist - Fifa17 (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
Its a great place with lots of great people. Lots of dogs around so if your into that its a real plus. Beer fridays were always welcome. Fantastic facility.
Pros
beer fridays
Cons
not much public transit to location
Job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2016
It was one of the best jobs i've ever had... The environment was great and the staff were even better. Very professional and a pleasant place to work.
Overal Experience
Systems Analyst / Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 October 2016
Very fast paced environment and stressful but the people are amazing. I spend over 15 Years here and loved working at EA. I recommend working there anytime, would love to go back.
Pros
Great People and environment.
Cons
Non
Helpful and Challenging
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indian, ON11 July 2016
Paid training, fast paced, never a dull moment, awesome teammates, cash prizes, weekly contests. Staff and employees very helpful and always willing to lend a hand. They teach you from the ground up. Always Challenging.
Fun experience, cool atmosphere.
Volunteer video game tester at Electronic Arts (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 June 2016
The typical day would include me arriving at 15 minutes before a scheduled time to sign in with the front desk, then going on to participate in surveys as well as play new content and give feedback which may help game developers.
Pros
Free lunch, Short hours
Nice culture company
Assistant Lighter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2016
Nice Culture
Free Foods
Easy job, but quite boring work if you want to challenge yourself don't work here
EA Game discount for employee
You can bring your dog to office
Man do I miss it.
Senior QA tester - Fifa 14 (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 May 2016
I worked at EA for a little over 3 months, right out of the gate from VFS, I have nothing but good memories of them, people from other teams were always polite, the facilities were phenomenal, and it was always such a great feeling to pull into the parking lot everyday, as a work place EA Burnaby is easily on top of all others.
Pros
In building cafe, Gym, basketball court, soccer field, arcade, showers.
Cons
the days ended exactly when the traffic was the heaviest
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
I spend two years working in EA. It is a great opportunity for me to work there. I learned a lot in that company. Although I did not play so many video games during my life. I heard a lot from my friends about how enjoy when they are playing video games. The company have great leadership and life work balance. I learned a lot from my co-workers who like to play video games.
Good overall experience
Tester in the QA department (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 December 2015
Working in the mobile department has helped me understand mobile devices more deeply. It was a great part time job. It was a bit hard a t first since testing was always done on a different device, but you get used to it.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Limited tools
Contract Related
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE7 December 2015
1 year contract with no advancement. Was told 4 days before my contract ended it wouldn't be renewed. Management was/is harsh, no opportunities to advance.
Enjoyed it Immensely
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 March 2015
It was, by far, my favourite job. I learned so much and the co-workers and management were especially nice and understanding.

At first it was difficult to understand the jargons used by programmer and designer, but eventually I became use to it and learned to communicate more efficiently since I had questions about whether or not certain designs were actually graphical issues or if certain perceive bugs are actually a new feature.
Great Work Life Balance
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 March 2015
In all my years of being with EA, I'm still with EA because it really understands the importance of its team members. We treat each other with respect and the attitude is always professional and we foster working as a team.

The people at EA make coming to work a pleasure!
Software Engineer
Mobile Programmer Generalist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2015
Pros
Reasonable salary.
Great benefits.
Free breakfast.
Work/life balance is good when management didn't go wrong.

Cons
Lack of career advancement opportunities.
Unstable company structure. Studios get closed often.

Advice to Management
Closing down studios should not be the universal solution to cover up upper management failure.
Very casual, enjoyable place to be, work is actually quite fun
Beta Tester and Pro Clubs Online Team (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada2 February 2015
Playing sets of the video game for 4 hours, running through "metrics" to test for game stability. Learned valuable lessons in teamwork. Management was great, lots of time speaking to project leads and developers. Co-workers were all friendly and fun people to talk to. After being off work for months, I still talk to many of them. Hardest part of the job was getting used to the lingo used and the Devtracker program. The most enjoyable part was it felt like, for the most part, that you were just playing games with your buddies for a few hours everyday.
Pros
Playing Video games and being paid for it, Nice people, Nice Atmosphere
Cons
Expensive foods, difficult position to get into
Fun work place
International Tester (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 September 2014
Great company to work for.
Sometimes long hours but they make it fund and you dont even feel it.!
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
Sometimes long hours
had fun
Playtest Member (Former Employee) –  burnaby18 June 2014
i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job.

upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks
Pros
free lunch
Coin toss
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 May 2014
You could very well join EA and have an experience that is completely positive. The company is so large that individual experience will vary wildly. In my case, the job was not a good fit, and I found several team members' conducts to be completely unprofessional, aggressive and rude.
EA Summary
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2014
The environment at EA is great - very fast paced and demanding, but extremely rewarding.
I've learned a great deal about time management, recruiting, balancing priorities and overall HR.
The team dynamic is wonderful - coming into work knowing that I will have a long list of demanding things to take care of, but have an incredibly supportive team backing me up is wonderful!
We work hard, and we play hard.