Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
International Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinner
Cons: sometimes long hours
Great company to work for.
Sometimes long hours but they make it fund and you dont even feel it.!
had fun
Playtest Member (Former Employee), burnabyJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job.

upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks
Coin toss
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 14, 2014
You could very well join EA and have an experience that is completely positive. The company is so large that individual experience will vary wildly. In my case, the job was not a good fit, and I found several team members' conducts to be completely unprofessional, aggressive and rude.
EA Summary
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 25, 2014
The environment at EA is great - very fast paced and demanding, but extremely rewarding.
I've learned a great deal about time management, recruiting, balancing priorities and overall HR.
The team dynamic is wonderful - coming into work knowing that I will have a long list of demanding things to take care of, but have an incredibly supportive team backing – more... me up is wonderful!
We work hard, and we play hard. – less
Enjoyable work with a good crew of people.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), 3 Pl Ville MarieFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lots a breaks, easy work, quiet environment.
Cons: pay was mediocre
I'd start my day receiving a device (cell phone, tablet etc.) with a specific application to test. Once the app has been played through, we were required to complete checklists making sure they were fit to be released to the public. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, and my coworkers were also very helpful. We worked at our own paces, and we were able – more... to do some internet browsing in between tasks and on our breaks. Sadly the department closed down due to a lot bad decision making made by EA. – less
Productive, Expectations of hard work yet FUN!
Development Director - FIFA Franchise (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: campus amenities, great people/team collaboration
Cons: very little room for "process improvement", structure already set in place, can be political at times.
Great place to work, amazing amenities (gym, pilates/yoga classes, cafeteria, arcades on-campus). Some of my best mentors are from EA, they have great managers and leaders there. Every year the franchised product needs to get out the door, so there is no room for "time wasting" which taught be a lot about failing fast and recovering quickly. Making – more... mistakes was encouraged as long as they were learned from. Amazing coworkers and team camaraderie and team building activities to ensure people were "gelling" throughout the project lifecycle. Work/life balanced has improved incredibly at EA, they're not given enough credit for this. – less
Wrong people in wrong positions
Producer \ Designer EA Sports (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: they have pinball machines in the lunch room
Cons: see review.
My workday was mostly herding cats. Trying to get a dozen people with a dozen different agendas to get in the same room at the same time to get them to agree on something so I could move the project forward. Impossible.

The wrong people are in management. When I worked there, the president of the company was, literally, a former ice cream salesman. – more... Zero background in the game industry.

And like him, one of my managers was a former lawyer. No background in gaming, No design experience. Do development experience. No knowledge of North American sports. Barely knew how to use a web browser. Every project he'd ever been put in charge of at EA was an unmitigated disaster. Yet he was a senior product for for 3 years. Now he's one of EA's Vice Presidents!!

Innovative ideas scare them. Don't go to any manager with an idea that might be risky. – less
Great campus, lots of cool events. Company structure is overly complicated, individuals are often marginalised.
Member of the creative team (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, great games, large teams, exciting subject matter
Cons: layoffs, poor advancement model
While it was fun to work at EAC on good days, bad days consisted of mass layoffs, rushed designs and inadequate staffing.
Fun and vibrant workplace
Assistant Producer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free gym, sports
Cons: long hours, uncertainly, lots ot turnaround
Great perks, awesome location, great people.

I've learned a lot in my position and from everyone around me, management is friendly and mostly transparent. Everyone you work with is vibrant and competent.

There are the occasional long hours and frustrating experiences, and the contracts position are pretty much majority nowadays.

But overall a great – more... place to be. – less
Productive and inspirational work place
QA for Artworks (Former Employee), Canada, BurnabyFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great people
Cons: selective security and salary distrubution
Work really had a balance between work hard and play fun. The Culture of EA really shines, as they reward their employees for hard work through fun times. The entire studio is basking with inspiration, surrounded by the video games and art of which cause us to be who we are. Really nothing but good things to say about this environment. However, the – more... job security and salary distribution is very selective. – less
Sometimes productive
Development Tester (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not challenging enough
Most of the times there could be little to do in terms of task. People are generally pretty nice and time is flexible. I learned to what it is to work with different departments at once (programmers, testers, certification). The hardest part of the job is probably to get everyone together on the same page as some tasks require a lot of different people – more... and devices. – less
User Experience Designer (Current Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: working remotely, pay, the people
Cons: advancing in your career
I find EA to be a great place to work.

The environment is very relaxing and you are working on fund projects!
Relaxing and opportunistic place to work
QA Analyst II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2014
What I do on a typical day at work/have learned:

1) Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product – more... evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.

2) Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.

3) Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.

4) Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.

5) Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.

6) Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.

7) Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.

8) Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.

9) Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.

10) Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.

11) Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.

12) May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.

13) May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.

14) May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.

15) May train software program users.

Management:

Management is really relax but knows what it takes to get the job done in the end.

Co-Workers:

My Co-Workers are very friendly people to work with and have a great knowledge in the field.

Hardest Part of My Job:

Trying to find new things to learn daily.

Most Enjoyable Part of My Job:

I think the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the people I do in this industry and have the same passion as I do. – less
Great to build skills and make connections within the industry, but mediocre in many important job/career aspects
QA Test Lead (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2014
EA is a good company to join to introduce yourself to basic software development and project management elements, however the general environment does not foster progressive growth as an employee, requires excessive amounts of social and political maneuvering within the management structure, and historically falls below expectations for compensation – more... at most lower-to-middle management levels. – less
Friendly culture and casual environment.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2014
Pros: solid schedule
Job responsibilities included product testing and evaluation for computer based gaming software, fault detection and isolation, and data collection and reporting.

Small to mid-size teams were assigned to each project, each with a direct supervisor.
great place to work, great people to work with
Merchandising Specialist, Origin Global Ecommerce (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free food majority of the time, gym on campus (contractors have to pay) discounts on games, beautiful campus, daycare on site, shuttlles from sf
I honestly love the people that work here as they genuinely love what they do and they are definitely good at it. Very smart and innovative co-workers just makes for better team dynamic as it challenges yet motivates eachother to do better everyday.
Culture is very laid back but people get their work done.
The only disadvantage i'd say is if you are – more... a contractor there is never any real perks or certainty of conversion. You have to know how to play the game right. – less
Great Job with awesome perks
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: high job satisfaction
Cons: contract job so have to take a 3 month tenure after 12 months
Free coffee and tea, vending machines with an AWESOME selection, a TV with a console to use during breaks. Hour long lunch break, great hours, hardly ever work on weekends.
I worked here for over 2 years and I absolutely loved it. Leadership actually gives recognition for hard work and are motivational. Most of the time, people get a copy of the game – more... they tested when it releases. They also have cool little events (Halloween, there is a costume contest) and once a month they have a building wide meeting where the leaders listen to complaints and give recognition. – less
Largest Video Game Developer in Orlando
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: long hours, difficult career advancement, management/leadership challenges
Great employees making some of the biggest sports video games in the industry. Tough hours. Tough work environment.
Great environment,
Software tester. (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: tested games before the release date.
Cons: late night shift hours
Perform various test on the project assigned. Reported any issues in the ea database to be reviewed by the developers of the project.
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Analyst 2 (Former Employee), HyderabadOctober 10, 2014
Nice place to work but not good for a fresher to start up working with EA

1 2 3 4 5

About Electronic Arts

At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community – Read more