Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
had fun
Playtest Member (Former Employee), burnabyJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job.

upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks
Coin toss
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 14, 2014
You could very well join EA and have an experience that is completely positive. The company is so large that individual experience will vary wildly. In my case, the job was not a good fit, and I found several team members' conducts to be completely unprofessional, aggressive and rude.
EA Summary
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 25, 2014
The environment at EA is great - very fast paced and demanding, but extremely rewarding.
I've learned a great deal about time management, recruiting, balancing priorities and overall HR.
The team dynamic is wonderful - coming into work knowing that I will have a long list of demanding things to take care of, but have an incredibly supportive team backing – more... me up is wonderful!
We work hard, and we play hard. – less
Enjoyable work with a good crew of people.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), 3 Pl Ville MarieFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lots a breaks, easy work, quiet environment.
Cons: pay was mediocre
I'd start my day receiving a device (cell phone, tablet etc.) with a specific application to test. Once the app has been played through, we were required to complete checklists making sure they were fit to be released to the public. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, and my coworkers were also very helpful. We worked at our own paces, and we were able – more... to do some internet browsing in between tasks and on our breaks. Sadly the department closed down due to a lot bad decision making made by EA. – less
Productive, Expectations of hard work yet FUN!
Development Director - FIFA Franchise (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: campus amenities, great people/team collaboration
Cons: very little room for "process improvement", structure already set in place, can be political at times.
Great place to work, amazing amenities (gym, pilates/yoga classes, cafeteria, arcades on-campus). Some of my best mentors are from EA, they have great managers and leaders there. Every year the franchised product needs to get out the door, so there is no room for "time wasting" which taught be a lot about failing fast and recovering quickly. Making – more... mistakes was encouraged as long as they were learned from. Amazing coworkers and team camaraderie and team building activities to ensure people were "gelling" throughout the project lifecycle. Work/life balanced has improved incredibly at EA, they're not given enough credit for this. – less
Wrong people in wrong positions
Producer \ Designer EA Sports (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: they have pinball machines in the lunch room
Cons: see review.
My workday was mostly herding cats. Trying to get a dozen people with a dozen different agendas to get in the same room at the same time to get them to agree on something so I could move the project forward. Impossible.

The wrong people are in management. When I worked there, the president of the company was, literally, a former ice cream salesman. – more... Zero background in the game industry.

And like him, one of my managers was a former lawyer. No background in gaming, No design experience. Do development experience. No knowledge of North American sports. Barely knew how to use a web browser. Every project he'd ever been put in charge of at EA was an unmitigated disaster. Yet he was a senior product for for 3 years. Now he's one of EA's Vice Presidents!!

Innovative ideas scare them. Don't go to any manager with an idea that might be risky. – less
Great campus, lots of cool events. Company structure is overly complicated, individuals are often marginalised.
Member of the creative team (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, great games, large teams, exciting subject matter
Cons: layoffs, poor advancement model
While it was fun to work at EAC on good days, bad days consisted of mass layoffs, rushed designs and inadequate staffing.
Fun and vibrant workplace
Assistant Producer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free gym, sports
Cons: long hours, uncertainly, lots ot turnaround
Great perks, awesome location, great people.

I've learned a lot in my position and from everyone around me, management is friendly and mostly transparent. Everyone you work with is vibrant and competent.

There are the occasional long hours and frustrating experiences, and the contracts position are pretty much majority nowadays.

But overall a great – more... place to be. – less
Sometimes productive
Development Tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not challenging enough
Most of the times there could be little to do in terms of task. People are generally pretty nice and time is flexible. I learned to what it is to work with different departments at once (programmers, testers, certification). The hardest part of the job is probably to get everyone together on the same page as some tasks require a lot of different people – more... and devices. – less
they are ok
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Chertsey, ENGJuly 28, 2014
The company is ok to work for but short contract lengths
8 hour shifts
management suck
friendly gamers
Fun.
Software Engineer/ UI Developer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2014
Excellent work environment and good people generally. There is quite a lot of management though not a lot of micromanaging. Typical Scrum style.
Fun and productive work environment
Associate Interface Scripter Contractor (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJuly 3, 2014
Pros: convenient cafes and break areas, peaceful environment, fun co-workers, good benefits and facilities, supportive team
Cons: lack of job security and advancement as contractor, lack of feedback on work done
Overall, Electronic Arts Tiburon studio is a fine location and great place to work with constant team communication, great facilities and nearby cafes where you don't ever have to leave work and drive to get lunch. The management was always friendly and my co-workers were always ready to help and even just chat. The most difficult part of the job was – more... learning the company's standards and proprietary software, but once you get the hang of it, you progress like you never knew you could.

The team was constantly supportive, but there was a lack of feedback and constructive criticism. I understand that that type of communication may be detrimental in that line of work, but it was something I would have appreciated coming from my team and manager more often.

Contractors are also treated with a little less love than permanent staff, but that was to be expected. However, it seemed that contractors were more expendable in that regard and hardly ever felt the possibility or encouragement to advance to a permanent position with the team.

Despite all of that, I would definitely consider working at the studio again and with the opportunity of a permanent position would be more preferable. Definitely a fantastic place to work at! – less
Job Review
Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: free and discounted games
Cons: heavy employee turnover
Its an interesting place to work, fun atmosphere with a laid back culture. A lot of work on a day to day basis but business partners are friendly and easy to work with. I believe the company is headed in the right direction for future growth.
Awesome place to work
QA Tester / Embedded Tester (Former Employee), Playa del Vista, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: working on games, great team
Cons: long hours, low pay
A lot of dedication to quality and providing the best product for the end user.
Great Workplace
Associate Acquisition Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Redwood Shores, CAJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working at EA. The people are great and there is a definite work life balance
An OK place to work
French Advisor (Current Employee), Galway, GJune 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours - focused on numbers/stats
Hard place to work - working lots of hours, taking call after call. Customers are not very nice over the phone.
The company is alright, good benefits
Great company, Superb products, good work space.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJune 11, 2014
This is a great company to work for, you work with great products and brands. This is a global company which teaches you to be bold and think big.
An Ok place to be
Director of Product Development (Current Employee), orlando, flJune 5, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: very political
Hard place to work You will work a lot of hours and ca be political.
The Best Company to work
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APMay 25, 2014
Pros: stress free environment, adaptable work shiift
Cons: payscales
As far i know a guy working at EA will never like to quit the organisation....
Great place to work and fun culture
Corporate Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAApril 30, 2014
Fund culture with great people to work with. Management are supportive and understanding. There are definitely room for growth within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Electronic Arts

EA Canada is a video game developer located in Burnaby, British Columbia. The development studio opened in January 1983 and is – Read more

Electronic Arts Photos