FIFA QA Project Manager - Position Overview
EA SPORTS FIFA is the most popular and best selling sports video game in the world. Year after year, FIFA delivers unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game.” FIFA 13 captures the unpredictability of real-world football with breakthrough features like First Touch Control that ensure no two matches ever play the same, and new online services like EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day that completely connect FIFA 13 to the real-world football season.
FIFA QA Project Managers are the primary QA owners for a product or major service/feature. As a product owner the QAPM will be accountable for the end to end quality of their entire product. This entails scoping, strategizing, and budgeting plans for all aspects of the QA business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities, and acting as the main communication conduit to all partner teams in terms of QA activities.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of QA personnel.
- Collaborate with partners in development and finance to define schedules and establish QA budgets.
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy, including tools, technology, pre-integration and post-integration QA efforts, etc.
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA across the product (i.e. game and associated systems, companion apps, websites, servers, etc). Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies, including advancing the use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools.
- Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners.
- Manage a project with a distributed team. Infrequent travel overseas will be required.
- Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams.
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies.
What are we looking for?
- 3 years minimum Management or Project Management experience.
- 5 years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable Development experience.
- Professional Management certification such as PMP.
- Passion and knowledge of sports in general and specifically Football (Soccer) is a big plus.
- A strong leader who takes ownership and has a proven track record of delivering projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Previous experience managing the business side of projects (i.e. resourcing, budgeting, etc).
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and experience managing distributed teams.
- Previous experience in the use of automation and tools/technology to improve efficiency and increase overall test coverage and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Pro-active, motivated, and focused.
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective (i.e., understanding both what is best for the product and what is best for the business).
- Ability to influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure.
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Flexible and dynamic – able to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Strategic and forward thinker – able to anticipate key challenges and future needs and develop strategies to address them.
Indeed - 11 months ago