ELECTIONS ONTARIO Employee Reviews

Great experenice
Receptionist /Data Imputer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 19, 2016
I worked here briefly multiple times for different election periods and always had a great time. They are very accommodating and eager to help with anything.
Poll Clerk &DRO
Poll Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 27, 2016
Great place to work. Great advancements, pay is great. Great experience to work with the public. If you are bias toward politicians.
I always like working with the public, this is an ideal employment for someone who loves to communicate.
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 30, 2016
This is a very responsible job and very detailed oriented employment . Have to work in a team, Over time hours are required if you do not balance the ballots.
I love seeing the many diverse cultures we have in Canada.

Thoroughly enjoy this type of employment because of the interactions with the public and knowing you are contributing to results for the individual politician who gets elected.
fun and very productive
Polling Day information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
for this job title, very interactive and fun to help voters. you need you stand for long hours but overall salary is good at the end of the day
Pros
salary
Cons
Paid training with all the necessary tools
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Training was straight forward, easy to understand.
No surprises on my workday, as the trainer did a good job with the material.
You work independently, unless you have a question, or doubt about the process.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Long day
Elections Canada offers good pay and good work experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
For a job that only requires you to work 1 12+ hour day plus 3 hour training session the money made from this job is good and worth long day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only one day
Typical government environment
Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
As my work was contract-related, I was generally immune from the day-to-day politics. Line employees seemed to know a lot more than management.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Contract work
Information Officer
Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONSeptember 22, 2015
• Assisted Canadian voters on Election Day by running an information desk at one of the local poll stations.
• Was responsible for helping individuals from all walks of life as well as maintaining confidentiality of all of their personal information.
Pros
Helping people, taking part in political dynamic
Worked for 12 Hours on election day and it was a fun, educational experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2015
I the pay could of been better but overall being a poll clerk for the day was a fun and rewarding experience. It was a lot of fun to directly participate in the election and see everyone come into to vote. Co-workers were friendly and personable.
Pros
educational, relaxed environment
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Worked Election Day (2013)
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONMay 10, 2015
It was a brief - training day and election day - the job was running a poling station with one other person and a supervisor who checked in on us. I learned new job duties such as: accepting voting cards and verifying voters' identity, finding their names on the voter list and confirming their vote, collecting all votes in a confidential voters' ballot box, counting all of the votes at the end of the day & confirming it matched the number of ballots I gave out. Tabulating all votes in appropriate categories, recording and counting the votes, calling in the vote count to head office, and returning the votes & ballot box to head office. Set up and take down were done at the beginning and end of the day. My co-worker was helpful doing her share of the job. My supervisor was friendly, and encouraging - he confirmed that we were doing everything right. The hardest part of the job was the lull times when few or no voters were coming in - I like to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the voters. There are so many different people, and I enjoy working with the public.
Pros
Gained good experiences
Cons
Long day.
Great experience!
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chatham-KentApril 8, 2015
Great experience! Learned a lot about the election itself and learned some customer service skills. Great job for a student or retired individual.
Fun work environment
Media Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 7, 2015
- learned the ins and outs of regional government and how important the right to vote is for our democratic future

- I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my coworkers in this environment and, even though it was a one day job, I would love the opportunity to do this again.
fast paced and fun
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 2, 2015
Working with voters and meeting new people. Training is provided and makes sure you are ready for election day. Co-workers were lovely, everyone made sure to look after everyone else. You are constantly dealing with people so it can overwhelm but as long as you're focused it becomes easier to deal with.
Cons
long hours but when the flow of peope slows down you can stretch
Great short term work.
Deputy Returning Officer/Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Only worked two days. I met a diverse amount of cultures with co-workers and voters. Great job to work short term. Only set back was the long hours. But, its a great chance to meet new people and try new things.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and challenging job.
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
This is my part time job. We just have an hour training and they will just sent through mails all the materials needed for the election. We should be polite and professional in dealing with voters,candidates and representative of the electoral commission.
Pros
good salary
Cons
that time there is no machines used so we have to count manually the results of the votes.
I liked it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 13, 2015
Enjoyed it learned to use a computer better. I enjoyed entering the data into the computer. people were nice enough o show you how the system worked.
Fun environment and very accommodating.
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 12, 2015
Fantastic group of people to work with and very energetic. Felt like a family environment. Was able to experience multiple positions throughout elections.
One day of job
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Provided customer service and information to electors, verified identification and directed them to the appropriate polls. Fast paced environment, co-workers and management are fine.
Pros
good experience
Costumer service and teamwork
Polling Station Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
-busy then slow times
-learned about the process on election day for voters and locations of polls
-my coworkers are very helpful and organized
-sometimes you have to multitask from one person to another
-enjoyed getting to know every single person in the area
Pros
experience working with the government
Cons
Productive and provides multi-tasking experience
Supervisory Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONJanuary 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Elections Ontario provincially and municipally.
I started as DRO, and for the municipal elections they decided to make me SDRO. They take into consideration your work experience, especially if you are bilingual.
Working for Elections Ontario demands serious attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, if you did not have those skills walking in, you definitely will at the of the day!
I look forward working the next elections !
Pros
meeting new people

4.3