Elections Ontario Employee Reviews

temporary work
Data Entry (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 February 2017
i was only there for a week but i made a few friends and learnt a few things.overall aside from the travel time it was a good job. but again was only there a week or so
Quiet environment
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 November 2016
The job was straightforward , an easy task just directing the voters and giving them the ballots to fill out. Assisted as needed, reading the instructions or directing them to the correct line.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long day
Very helpful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 November 2016
I enjoyed working at EO because it is a very collaborative environment. People work well in teams and go the extra mile. I was able to learn the electoral process and what it takes to effective run voting initiatives.
Election
Polling Day Revision Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
I worked with Election Ontario during the election. It was well organized. They did a good job hiring a variety of different persons
Always fun
elections officer/ data management (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 October 2016
Never a dull moment in such a busy atmosphere. But enjoyed how the team were always organized and we always meet our deadlines before its time. If your looking I highly agree you give it a try. Great experience ......
it was a good experience
returning officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
basically I sat down at a desk and filed paperwork,
filled in applications,
helped voters find the right voting station

my team members were fun to work with, they were helpful.
I enjoyed working for elections Ontario.
Great experenice
Receptionist /Data Imputer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 August 2016
I worked here briefly multiple times for different election periods and always had a great time. They are very accommodating and eager to help with anything.
Poll Clerk &DRO
Poll Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2016
Great place to work. Great advancements, pay is great. Great experience to work with the public. If you are bias toward politicians.
It was busy
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2016
Elections canada is a perfect job for a youth or a retired worker to get easy money and allows to them to take part of our government election
I always like working with the public, this is an ideal employment for someone who loves to communicate.
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 March 2016
This is a very responsible job and very detailed oriented employment . Have to work in a team, Over time hours are required if you do not balance the ballots.
I love seeing the many diverse cultures we have in Canada.

Thoroughly enjoy this type of employment because of the interactions with the public and knowing you are contributing to results for the individual politician who gets elected.
fun and very productive
Polling Day information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
for this job title, very interactive and fun to help voters. you need you stand for long hours but overall salary is good at the end of the day
Pros
salary
Cons
Paid training with all the necessary tools
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 February 2016
Training was straight forward, easy to understand.
No surprises on my workday, as the trainer did a good job with the material.
You work independently, unless you have a question, or doubt about the process.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Long day
Elections Canada offers good pay and good work experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 February 2016
For a job that only requires you to work 1 12+ hour day plus 3 hour training session the money made from this job is good and worth long day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only one day
Fun and Productive
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2016
Data entry skills improved to 50 w p m. I played a role as a leader of a small team and got confident more that i can mange and take work from team with the help of my professional skills.
Typical government environment
Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
As my work was contract-related, I was generally immune from the day-to-day politics. Line employees seemed to know a lot more than management.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Contract work
Information Officer
Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 September 2015
• Assisted Canadian voters on Election Day by running an information desk at one of the local poll stations.
• Was responsible for helping individuals from all walks of life as well as maintaining confidentiality of all of their personal information.
Pros
Helping people, taking part in political dynamic
Worked for 12 Hours on election day and it was a fun, educational experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2015
I the pay could of been better but overall being a poll clerk for the day was a fun and rewarding experience. It was a lot of fun to directly participate in the election and see everyone come into to vote. Co-workers were friendly and personable.
Pros
educational, relaxed environment
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Great place to work, with great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Strathroy15 August 2015
This was a very interesting job as I had know idea how how much work went into the elections, there is a lot of work that is done before we go to the polls.
Worked Election Day (2013)
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON10 May 2015
It was a brief - training day and election day - the job was running a poling station with one other person and a supervisor who checked in on us. I learned new job duties such as: accepting voting cards and verifying voters' identity, finding their names on the voter list and confirming their vote, collecting all votes in a confidential voters' ballot box, counting all of the votes at the end of the day & confirming it matched the number of ballots I gave out. Tabulating all votes in appropriate categories, recording and counting the votes, calling in the vote count to head office, and returning the votes & ballot box to head office. Set up and take down were done at the beginning and end of the day. My co-worker was helpful doing her share of the job. My supervisor was friendly, and encouraging - he confirmed that we were doing everything right. The hardest part of the job was the lull times when few or no voters were coming in - I like to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the voters. There are so many different people, and I enjoy working with the public.
Pros
Gained good experiences
Cons
Long day.
It was okay for a student.
Government of Ontario Elections' Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON11 April 2015
I worked as a poll clerk, and it was a good opportunity. My station was not that busy, and my DRO let me play on my iPad most of the day. Overall, it was a good place to work for the day.

4.3