ELECTIONS ONTARIO

ELECTIONS ONTARIO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience!
Information Clerk (Former Employee), Chatham-KentApril 8, 2015
Great experience! Learned a lot about the election itself and learned some customer service skills. Great job for a student or retired individual.
Fun work environment
Media Correspondent (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 7, 2015
- learned the ins and outs of regional government and how important the right to vote is for our democratic future

- I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my coworkers in this environment and, even though it was a one day job, I would love the opportunity to do this again.
fast paced and fun
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 2, 2015
Cons: long hours but when the flow of peope slows down you can stretch
Working with voters and meeting new people. Training is provided and makes sure you are ready for election day. Co-workers were lovely, everyone made sure to look after everyone else. You are constantly dealing with people so it can overwhelm but as long as you're focused it becomes easier to deal with.
Great short term work.
Deputy Returning Officer/Poll Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Long hours.
Only worked two days. I met a diverse amount of cultures with co-workers and voters. Great job to work short term. Only set back was the long hours. But, its a great chance to meet new people and try new things.
Productive and challenging job.
Poll Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: that time there is no machines used so we have to count manually the results of the votes.
This is my part time job. We just have an hour training and they will just sent through mails all the materials needed for the election. We should be polite and professional in dealing with voters,candidates and representative of the electoral commission.
I liked it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 13, 2015
Enjoyed it learned to use a computer better. I enjoyed entering the data into the computer. people were nice enough o show you how the system worked.
Fun environment and very accommodating.
Election Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 12, 2015
Fantastic group of people to work with and very energetic. Felt like a family environment. Was able to experience multiple positions throughout elections.
One day of job
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good experience
Provided customer service and information to electors, verified identification and directed them to the appropriate polls. Fast paced environment, co-workers and management are fine.
Costumer service and teamwork
Polling Station Assistant (Former Employee), North York, OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: experience working with the government
-busy then slow times
-learned about the process on election day for voters and locations of polls
-my coworkers are very helpful and organized
-sometimes you have to multitask from one person to another
-enjoyed getting to know every single person in the area
Productive and provides multi-tasking experience
Supervisory Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee), Orleans, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my time working for Elections Ontario provincially and municipally.
I started as DRO, and for the municipal elections they decided to make me SDRO. They take into consideration your work experience, especially if you are bilingual.
Working for Elections Ontario demands serious attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, if you did not have those skills walking in, you definitely will at the of the day!
I look forward working the next elections !
Excellent Experience and Co-Workers
Revision Assistant (Former Employee), ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: temporary
This was a temporary position for the provincial elections of 2014. The job task would be filling out paperwork and directing voters to their voting stations. I learned how to work under high amounts of pressure. For example, having an overflow of voters and filling out paperwork for each and every one. My co-workers and manager were very encouraging and helpful since I was new and had never worked in that field before. The hardest part was managing a long line up of people. In contrast, the most enjoyable part was being able to view people engaging in their civic right of voting.
Fun work enviornment
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2014
The day i worked at Elections Ontario was a life time experience seeing so much different people coming to cast there vote
I learned that everyone is equal in this country and every vote is as valuable as the next
Management was great they left very nice comments about my customer service
My co-worker was excellent she helped and guided me all along the way
Long days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyable team and environment.
Cons: long hours non-flexible hours.
Exciting mornings that led on to boring afternoons once that energy fades away. Co-workers tended to themselves for some time and the long hours got to each person. Early evenings came around and that is when things became lively and calls came in steadily.
Fun Day
Deputy Returning Officer (DRO) (Former Employee), OakvilleNovember 12, 2014
Cons: sitting all day covering ballot box
Give ballots and assist people in voting for the Ontario Elections. It was only one day spent sitting all day. The best part of the job was getting to talk to new people. Everyone was very nice and there when you needed assistance or a break.
Exciting and fast paced polling station. Great coworkers and helpful managers
Deputy Returning Officer (Current Employee), Greater Napanee, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: training is provided and paid.
Cons: long day.
On voting day you work a full day. Thirty minutes before the poll opening until all the ballots are counted and the station is packed up. Makes for a long day and meals are brought from home and eaten when time allows. The best part of the job was meeting and assisting the voters and registering first time voters.
Wonderful company!
Telephone Receiving Officer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2014
Very helpful, patient, and good with their employees! Very organized considering they deal with a lot of people and details in a very short period of time.
Productive and Fun
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good trainer
Cons: long day
It was a fun easy going day and I met a lot of people. The supervisor was nice, and taught me well. Some co-workers were hard to work with, but the others were fine.
lots of work
DRO (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: supervisors husband goes to tim hortons for all of us
Cons: very long hours
Go to ElectionPlace @ 9am & get everything ready to star & open @ 10am.
Customer Service
Greatmanager & co-workers towork with.
Making sure you hand out the right ballots to the Voter
Having breaks in between Voters
Closing time @ 8pm & then we do all our Tallies & finally get to go home around 9:30pm
Gained knowledge about the government
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: knowledge about the government
Cons: long hour
Gained knowledge about the government.
gained my 1st experience in canada.
Information assistant
information assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
Pros: gained information
Cons: long hours
Ensured security and privacy of voters' list and any city equipment issued.
Ensured confidentiality and security of information collected.
information on how to get on the voters' list.
Welcome and greet people.

1 2 3 4