Elections Ontario Employee Reviews

fun and very productive
Polling Day information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
for this job title, very interactive and fun to help voters. you need you stand for long hours but overall salary is good at the end of the day
Pros
salary
Very helpful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 November 2016
I enjoyed working at EO because it is a very collaborative environment. People work well in teams and go the extra mile. I was able to learn the electoral process and what it takes to effective run voting initiatives.
Always fun
elections officer/ data management (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 October 2016
Never a dull moment in such a busy atmosphere. But enjoyed how the team were always organized and we always meet our deadlines before its time. If your looking I highly agree you give it a try. Great experience ......
it was a good experience
returning officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
basically I sat down at a desk and filed paperwork,
filled in applications,
helped voters find the right voting station

my team members were fun to work with, they were helpful.
I enjoyed working for elections Ontario.
Poll Clerk &DRO
Poll Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2016
Great place to work. Great advancements, pay is great. Great experience to work with the public. If you are bias toward politicians.
Election
Polling Day Revision Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
I worked with Election Ontario during the election. It was well organized. They did a good job hiring a variety of different persons
I always like working with the public, this is an ideal employment for someone who loves to communicate.
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 March 2016
This is a very responsible job and very detailed oriented employment . Have to work in a team, Over time hours are required if you do not balance the ballots.
I love seeing the many diverse cultures we have in Canada.

Thoroughly enjoy this type of employment because of the interactions with the public and knowing you are contributing to results for the individual politician who gets elected.
Great experenice
Receptionist /Data Imputer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 August 2016
I worked here briefly multiple times for different election periods and always had a great time. They are very accommodating and eager to help with anything.
Toxic work environment with no accountability at upper management/director level
Data Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto - Head Office19 October 2012
Unaccountable bureaucracy at its finest. This organization is terribly mismanaged with little to no direction or organization and littered with hypocrisy. Attempting to complete the simplest of projects is often blocked by red tape. The only area where management shines is absolution and self preservation. If you enjoy buses I highly recommend this job as you'll be pulling yourself from out beneath one at some point.
Pros
excellent benefits and pension for full time staff.
Cons
poor management, little chance of career advancement
It was busy
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2016
Elections canada is a perfect job for a youth or a retired worker to get easy money and allows to them to take part of our government election
Productive and challenging job.
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2015
This is my part time job. We just have an hour training and they will just sent through mails all the materials needed for the election. We should be polite and professional in dealing with voters,candidates and representative of the electoral commission.
Pros
good salary
Cons
that time there is no machines used so we have to count manually the results of the votes.
Elections Canada offers good pay and good work experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 February 2016
For a job that only requires you to work 1 12+ hour day plus 3 hour training session the money made from this job is good and worth long day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only one day
Paid training with all the necessary tools
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 February 2016
Training was straight forward, easy to understand.
No surprises on my workday, as the trainer did a good job with the material.
You work independently, unless you have a question, or doubt about the process.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Long day
Amazing people to work with,
Secretary, Results Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Plantagenet29 August 2012
I was smiling every day at this employment. People were amazing, nice, understanding, and the job paid well. No benefits but again it's only contract work. I will definitely go back next election!
Pros
relaxing environtment
Cons
only contract work
Fun and Productive
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2016
Data entry skills improved to 50 w p m. I played a role as a leader of a small team and got confident more that i can mange and take work from team with the help of my professional skills.
Typical government environment
Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
As my work was contract-related, I was generally immune from the day-to-day politics. Line employees seemed to know a lot more than management.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Contract work
Worked for 12 Hours on election day and it was a fun, educational experience
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2015
I the pay could of been better but overall being a poll clerk for the day was a fun and rewarding experience. It was a lot of fun to directly participate in the election and see everyone come into to vote. Co-workers were friendly and personable.
Pros
educational, relaxed environment
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Productive and friendly work environment
Poll clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON1 August 2014
I have worked in the last two provincial elections, and on both occasions I was greeted with such a friendly work environment. Most of the staff employed by Elections Ontario have a great work ethic and are very familiar with their duties. If a doubt were to arise, one can confidently ask their fellow staff who are more than happy to clear up the matter. I learned a lot about the technical side of elections and polls and the importance of workers at the polling stations during that day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with voters who would display aggressive behavior, but of course we must be more than understanding and willing to help that voters at all times. In conclusion Elections Ontario is a great work environment to be a part of!
Pros
Friendly and understanding staff
Cons
Productive and provides multi-tasking experience
Supervisory Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON31 January 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Elections Ontario provincially and municipally.
I started as DRO, and for the municipal elections they decided to make me SDRO. They take into consideration your work experience, especially if you are bilingual.
Working for Elections Ontario demands serious attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, if you did not have those skills walking in, you definitely will at the of the day!
I look forward working the next elections !
Pros
meeting new people
Great short term work.
Deputy Returning Officer/Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 March 2015
Only worked two days. I met a diverse amount of cultures with co-workers and voters. Great job to work short term. Only set back was the long hours. But, its a great chance to meet new people and try new things.
Cons
Long hours.

4.3