OPERATIONS CLERK (1)
To March 31, 2014
The Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Operations Division is seeking a highly organized and efficient individual to provide administrative, technical and project support to the unit responsible for Returning Officer Management and Support in the preparation and delivery of electoral and referenda events. You will:
- coordinate and participate in the recruitment, training, logistics and general support of Returning Officers and Election Clerks;
- work closely with venue managers and other suppliers;
- provide project support through tracking of project timelines and dashboards, quality control, monitor budgets, participate in process redesign, workflow mapping and SharePoint database maintenance;
- assist the Operations Manager with the development and adherence of event plans and budgets;
- actively participate in project team meetings, by providing input and feedback to advance the completion of projects and assignments and assist with research of event delivery practices and procedures;
- document and maintain divisional workflows and procedures;
- provide a range of administrative support including word processing, proofreading, preparation of general correspondence, tracking of invoices and payment of invoices to suppliers; and
- track and respond to telephone queries from the Returning Officer Support Network.
- highly developed administrative skills and demonstrated progressive experience in applying administrative procedures and practices to a range of advanced administrative and project support services;
- excellent knowledge of a variety of computer programs, including MS Excel, SharePoint and MS Office;
- good editing and proofreading, research and analytical skills;
- excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills;
- ability to multi task and work independently with little supervision, handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- strong organizational and project support skills;
- superior oral and written communications skills;
- excellent customer service sills;
- bilingual.- French and English an asset
Please submit your resume with a covering letter, quoting File EO- 2013-14 to be received no later than April 17, 2013 to Elections Ontario, 51 Rolark Drive, Scarborough, Ontario M1R 3B1. Fax: 416-326-6210. Resumes must be submitted by e-mail as attachments only and must be in MS Word (.doc), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.txt) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Date: April 10, 2013