Location: Mississauga, ON
Address: 5250, Satellite Dr. unit 34
Number of positions available: 1
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job status: Permanent
Work schedule: Full time
Work shift: Day
Hours per week: 40
The position of Electrical Estimator is responsible for bid preparation and submittal in pursuit of new commercial, Residential and industrial projects.
- Estimating self-performed/subcontractor work, pricing the labor, equipment, and material costs
- Reviewing and incorporating historical data from purchase orders, bid tabulations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, job costs system, etc. into unit cost, man-hour, and crew production figures
- Reviewing proposals specifications and drawings, preparing lists of bid items and quantities, and determining scopes of work
- Sourcing vendors and subcontractors for various projects, discussing and obtaining appropriate quotations in coordination with the purchasing department
- Electrical takeoff and pricing
- Performing or coordinating quantity takeoff, assembling direct cost estimate and analyzing alternate methods/resources to determine and improve cost effectiveness
- Reviewing design options and/or recommending best solution/alternative based on cost-effectiveness, value engineering or availability of materials
- Tracking awarded contracts as required through review of cost reports and discussions with project and construction management
- Supporting project management by estimating extra work items and change orders
- Coordinating, supervising and reviewing work of assigned department personnel to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reviewing contracts prior to bid to ensure that terms, conditions, exclusions, and qualifications are included in the owner's contract and in compliance with original corporate proposal
- Provide limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- General Direction: receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Diploma / Degree in Electrical engineering
- 3 to 5 years of progressive responsibility estimating in electrical industry
- ACCUBID, MSOFFICE, AUTOCAD is a must.
- Knowledge in PRIMAVERA is an asset
- Experience with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Experience in a strong business, construction management, and delivery methodologies background
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings
- Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates
- Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate
- Ability to identify constructability issues through the estimating process
- Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Elcon Canada Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
By E-mail: info(at)elconcanada.ca
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Electrical contracting and Industrial Automation.