eHealth Ontario Employee Review

View all eHealth Ontario reviews

Toxic Environment
IT Managemnt (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 October 2013
I worked at eHealth for 5 years in the Operations department. It was a culture based on mismanagement, lack of trust, fear and cronyism.

Their technology was woefully out of date and barely capable of maintaining what little service they provided. They had long ago decided to design everything themselves rather than implement tried and true off the shelf applications.They expected their staff to make up for this with burn out inducing long hours and apology based client interaction.

Entire departments ceased to function and spent their scant work hours web surfing. Their workload was duplicated by contractors. The waste of money was mind boggling. It was rare to find the essential staff to assist in the process over results bureaucracy required to deliver essential services still in the office after 3:00 PM.

Process and service improvement suggestions were frowned upon. Any good people quickly moved on.
Pros
Great experience on how not to manage an IT orgainization
Cons
too many to mention

Other eHealth Ontario Employee Reviews

Professional, collegial environment
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Staff are first-rate professionals at the top of their game. Easy going and accepting of new ideas. Nice culture where staff accomplishments are celebrated.
Great place to work!
HR Coordinator - Benefits & HR Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
I really enjoyed my time at eHealth Ontario! The people were great to work with. We incorporate fun into our everyday work practices which made it an amazing place to work!
Pros
Very fun environment! Great experience!
Cons
Little room for growth and/or advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eHealth Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8