Operations Manager - Building Service Contractor (GTA)
Date: 2012-11-21, 8:39AM EST
Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here
Maintenance/janitorial company in the GTA has an immediate need for an Operations Manager to help manage and grow the business.
Reporting to the President, the Operations Manager will oversee all operational aspects of this growing business. From personnel management, scheduling & inspections to customer interaction and procurement, this position will play a major role in the continued success of the business.
The ideal candidate must be a motivated individual with exceptional operational, customer service, relationship building, team work, and time management skills. You must take personal accountability for results, with a strong desire to succeed. You must be diligent, honest, hard working, have a positive attitude. Building maintenance, hotel, janitorial and/or property management industry experience preferred.
- Manage supervisors and staff, conduct employee performance appraisals
- Plan staff work schedules including assigning specific duties
- Manage/track inventory & equipment usage
- Implement operational policies and procedures, conduct site evaluations/audits
- Assist with hiring & training new employees and ensuring that all team members are compliant with company quality and safety mandates.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role
- Customer focused
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage change effectively
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- People skills, able to work with different stakeholders including staff and clients
- Problem solving skills with the ability to effectively execute solutions
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficient use of MS Office, wireless devices
- Valid Ontario driver's license
This is an exciting career opportunity with a lot of growth potential.
Starting salary: $30,000-$40,000, depending on experience