Eggsmart Employee Reviews

Overworked, highly underpaid and unmanaged
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 May 2017
Was busy and successful before new ownership took over. Employees are overworked without proper relief and pay is at the lowest possible minimum for labour cost. Having to do more than one position at the same time. Inexperienced management and horrible customer and employee relations.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overworked with multiple positions for low pay
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON1 April 2017
Very easy fun environement to work in; majority of service being bacon and eggs as it is a breakfast enticer; we do offer burgers, steaks and a variety of sandwiches.
fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 January 2017
Monday to Friday are great days and weekend are long hours
The hardest part is carrying lot of drinks
Everyone is friendly
Pros
Free Breakfasts
Cons
Had a great time working here!
Back Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
The workplace is exceptional and the workers are charismatic. Even though I've only work there for co-op, they treated me very nicely and seen me as one of their own. I had much fun working there and would do it again.
Pros
Staff members personalities, wokr enviornment
Cons
Work space size
Productive work environment
prep cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 January 2017
My time ime in the company was fun. The co-workers and regular customers kept every day fresh and not repetitive.I found myself in charge of the back of the house after a year of working there. While the cooks and waiter werre OK n the front I was in the back operating at my own pace.
Pros
Free lunch long breaks
Cons
Not wnough work days
Server (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 December 2016
Good running workplace but not enough working hours. All co-workers are fun to be with and also very well mannered when it comes to dealing with customers & peers. Workspace should be a little bit more sanitary
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
short hours
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON29 July 2016
A typical day at work consists of keeping things organized and clean as well as giving customers great service to ensure they will leave happy and return.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Not a lot of staff
Review
Server (Current Employee) –  Bay Street29 March 2016
I would go into the restaurant and set up things for the day such as coffee, french squeezed orange juice an the waffle fryer. I would then wait for customer to come in, seat them accordingly and serve with with quick and efficient service. I really enjoy working at this position as the co-workers are very friendly and if you get to talk to new an exciting people everyday.
Booming location.
General Manager/ Server/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
Every day was bust at this location i worked there when the hiring boom was on in Alberta and there was endless opportunities.
Unorganized,and not clean friendly,poor management
KITCHEN FOOD PREP. (Current Employee) –  Sutton, ON14 October 2015
We now have new management, and hoping for better hours and more organization in the kitchen and dining area the waitress's are more up to speed on all the expectations of the restaruant and clientelle visiting our restaruant.
Pros
Free breakfeast, And free drinks.
Cons
Called in to work and then sent home after 2-3 hrs, Waste of time and gas, Need more hours to continue working there as I waste my gas for only2-3 hrs.
Fun Workplace, learned how to multitask like a pro
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2015
- employees were all young and fun to work with
- was in charge of everyone, they looked up to me as a team leader
- hardest part of the job was to handle volume of customers, while simultaneously making sure the restaurant is running smoothly
Fun fast paced energetic place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2015
Well rounded busy work environment, where I learned to work well under pressure with other under excellent management. With like minded co-workers, we were able to meet the needs of patrons and other staff quickly and efficiently.
Loved this job
Breakfast Cook/ Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines ON23 January 2015
Work was great very friendly environment
was my first serving job i learnt a lot about serving table and customer service
my management was great very helpful and understanding
loved the people i worked with still stay in contact with all of them
Fast paced, improves multitasking skills
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Brimley & Eglinton, ON20 January 2015
I like it here a lot. the food is nice, the guests are nice, an the management is nice.
Pros
50% off
Cons
morning shifts
Fantastic place to work, aided in personal growth tremendously!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2014
Eggsmart has been a fantastic place to work for the past five years. The restaurant industry, serving particularly has really identified with me as an individual aiding in tremendous personal growth and development as well as enhancing my interpersonal skills. I have grown into a confident people person over years of serving. My co workers are great, I love working in a team environment and I know that we couldn't do it without each other. It can get busy, demanding, stressful and sometimes feel like you just can't do it but you CAN. It may be stressful and high speed at times but that's what makes the job fun. Its a diner experience, and we sure are hopping!
Pros
Lunches, friendly environment, upbeat industry, social
Cons
Busy and fast pace, demanding and stressful environment at times
productive and fast pace work area
Prep Cook/Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2013
Prepararion if we need any fruits, vegetables or meat that need to be sliced or dices. We learned how to make food at a really fast pace and how to work together. The management is really good because everyone seems to like the food and they always come back.
Co-workers are nice and respectful hard working people who love what they do. The hardest part of the job is staying focus and trying to get orders out as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seen people happily eat their meals.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Closes early
Fast-paced restaurant with and friendly family-oriented environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2013
Most days are busy, with fast turn-over of tables, but with the familiar faces of our regulars. Serving has taught me how to multi-task, and complete several tasks in a small period of time, all while remembering requests and maintaining a positive and friendly manner. The hardest part of the job is the early hours, and the most enjoyable is enjoying the abundant conversation with customers.
Pros
Free lunches, forming a work family with co-workers
Cons
Early mornings
Fast pace environment and fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 April 2013
Fun environment but also hard working place. I enjoy working with my co workers, they helpful when it is very busy.
You have to be able to work really fast.
Busser/Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  710 Taunton Rd E, Whitby, ON29 March 2013
I was pushed and worked very hard to do well and make customers happy. I learned how to be social and how to deliver food. My manager didn't do a lot of work and made others do her job. The hardest part of the job was how the resturaunt was very often extremely busy. The most enjoyable part if the job was getting discounts on the food.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
very busy