EECOL Electric Employee Reviews in Canada

Started out great, became awful...
Former EECOL employee (Former Employee) –  BCJuly 22, 2016
The company used to have great morals, standards and ideas. After Wesco bought EECOL the company has gone down the drain. They don't adhere to the promises they make you any more. They keep trying to downsize via laying employees off, but expect the same amount if not more work done. Raises are barely enough to make any difference. Some supervisors and power hungry and cruel, some managers are just there to collect their large pay cheque.
Pros
Some people are great, pay is above minimum wage, regular hours, some opportunity for overtime
Cons
Overworked, not enough staff, some managers and employees don't want to do their work (which in turn affects your work), some people are extremely difficult to work with, they will hire from outside the company for higher positions instead of hiring from within.
Eecol was a fun place to work for a while
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 23, 2016
Eecol was a fun place to work for a while. Had great employs but had a lot of layoffs which caused problems with productivity. which in the end caused everyone to do things beyond there job description.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Mass layoffs
Eecol electric
utility inside sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABDecember 28, 2015
Eecol was not bad to work for. I worked my way up the ranks pretty quickly. in a year and half I went from order picker to pick up counter to counter to inside sales. I thought I was on my way to a promising career until I was recently laid off...
awesome
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Working at EECOL was great. I met a lot of great people there. Always something to do and lots of opportunities to move up the ladder
Pros
free lunches great pay
Cons
hard to say pros and cons to EECOL
Laid off
Out of town shipping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 24, 2015
It is unfortunate that i was laid off. I was grateful to have given my time to this company. I thought there was room for growth & advancement, especially at the managorial level. Wait... is 'managorial' even a word?
Good company with great people
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2015
My day consisted of covering reception first thing in morning and then start to balance the cash sales from previous day. I also did freight and expediting. My day was usually pretty busy with things to do in between.
Pros
We had summer BBQ's
I loved the team atosphere
Shipper & Receiver-Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 23, 2015
Good place , excellent people , great company , I was mainly receiver , off loading trucks & checking in orders.I like the longevity & busy atmosphere.
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay was kind of low
Great company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2015
Hard working employees will find this company good to work for.
Friendly co workers easy people to get along with.
Management is approachable and always make the time for their employees.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work with , great people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg , Manitoba CanadaJanuary 31, 2015
The start of each day began with checking which orders need to be picked up and which need to be put together for pick up. Which orders needed to be called for pick up.

What I learned at eecol was to accept that I couldn't do everything myself
I enjoyed my job
Assistant Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West end Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the daily challenges it brought. Most of the people I worked with were great to work with.
Great staff, Good wages, Fun environment
Commercial/Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 18, 2015
Was able to advance very quickly throughout the company, enjoyed working both in the warehouse and in the sales office.
Busy workplace
Data entry Receiver (Former Employee) –  regina skFebruary 7, 2013
Eecol is a good company to work for they have good benefits and great hours for the balance of work and family life.
Just not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
high turnover couldn't keep staff long
Temporary Job while I got settled in BC
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 14, 2014
- unsafe
- low wages
- no room for advancement
- agressive and uncomprimising staff
- Good hours