Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

Productive and active work environment
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2016
Edwards recently renovated the campus and is continuing to do so. New buildings and new perks such as a ping pong table, bocce ball, a park/track, etc. They really encourage you to get off your chair and be active - health conscious. Overall, it's your typical corporate work environment with cubicles and quietness. There are many options for you to move around work stations in the new building with their set up of individual pods or desks scattered around. Working in different environments can help foster creativity and productivity.
Pros
Health conscious, shutdown for the holidays!
Cons
Entitlement culture
sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2016
Pay is comparable to other industries however there is no promotional opportunity within the organization. all second level management is done from the outside. There is little to no culture and morale is not great
Better Pick the Right Job!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2016
College grad was hired for a position I was not experienced in. Manager was NOT helpful. Rather than coaching, the manager would just complain. Expected way too much from me, knowing I was a recent college grad (1 WEEK!). Ended up being laid off after 2 months. 1 Month to get the job then 2 months in, let go! Total BS! Make sure you really find out the department you are working in. If you have a small department and only a handful of co workers, then this is probably going to be an issue!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much work, POOR management, High Expectations starting day 1!
Nice place to work, flexible shifts
Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Añasco, PRApril 14, 2016
In a typical day at work I have to follow up the updates of the projects I am involved with. After everything is set up I perform operations in the system JDE that applies to my area. I learn a lot of systems , computer programs and good manufacturing practices. Co workers are people willing to help and teach. The hardest and at the same the most enjoyable part of the job is to finished the goal of the week. Its hard because it takes a lot of hard work to accomplished it and its enjoyable because it feels great to accomplished your goals.
Pros
flexible shifts, supervisor are respectful and undesrtanding
Great Company
Administrator I, Systems (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 2, 2015
Great People and Great products.

Really love working here.

They have the best benefits of any company i have worked at.

Very strong financial position.

Very innovative.
Good environment and campus feel
Finance Manager - AP & Travel/Expense (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
Good work life balance depending on the department. Corporate Accounting area is heavier on month/quarter end. Advancement within the finance organization structure is flat so there are not many opportunities for vertical growth. Usually all lateral moves.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
Advancement is limited
Very well run company!
Senior Manager, Professional Education (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Wonderful team, nice culture, excellent product portfolio, opportunity for advancement. Live by our credo. Saving hearts, and affecting the quality of people's lives in every corner of the world!
Pros
Great team
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 5, 2016
awesome place that is always hiring and you can move up the ladder if you put your mind to it. monitored bathroom breaks suck
Pros
medical is awesome, free vision, dental is normal, gym, cafeteria, work with family
Cons
have to suck up to move up the tree.breaks are short, long hours, mandatory overtime
Edwards Lifesciences
Department Coordinator, THV Clinical Safety (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 1, 2015
This is a wonderful company that offers many benefits for its employees. The base compensation is almost too low to accommodate living in the area though, so expect a mid-long commute. The CEO is an amazing role-model + often eats lunch in the main cafeteria with everyone. I do love this company but I wish they really valued my graduate-level education whether the job I do requires it or not.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Low pay, not reflective of education-level
employee friendly with activities.
Manufacturing Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 19, 2016
Great company, people oriented but work life balance is tough. The Manufacturing areas work a lot of overtime and 2nd shift is hard to participate in family activities.
Pros
Great health care package
Cons
Afternoon shift
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great company overall, your time at Edwards depends on your management. Management is mostly old and have only worked at Edwards therefore, management can be unfair and get away many unethical practices.
Good place to work all in all
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 26, 2014
Edwards (Formerly Baxter Healthcare) does its best to foster an environment of personal growth, work/life balance, health and wellness, and to "act like an owner", but some of that feeling has been lost over the past 5 years or so; whether it was the explosion of the Trans-catheter Heart Valve business, or the influx of recent college graduates with an "entitlement" complex, the company has grown quickly, but that might not have been the best for the culture. It felt like the management had lost touch a bit with what made the core values so easy to buy in to when the company first split from Baxter, and rewards and advancement seem to favor the newer staff, while the "originals" are often left behind, without a true voice. I loved my time there, and thought I'd retire from Edwards, but when new management came in my area and cleaned house, I eventually felt completely demoralized by their actions, and I lost all sense of accomplishment. My decision to leave was a difficult one, but necessary to preserve my integrity and work ethic.
Pros
onsite fitness center, benefits, paid shutdown over christmas break
Cons
entitlement culture, no hr support for employees
Wonderful Company
Transcatheter Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2016
Wonderful company to be employed with especially their bonuses, they even give their employees 6 pairs of scrubs. I would say Go and Apply ! Gain some new experience wouldn't hurt right.
Good compensation
Labeling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2016
While paid well and direct management was well handled by other contractors, the larger group suffered from some disorganization.
Senior Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2015
Edwards is a great place to work at. There is a positive culture there and there is plenty of opportunities for advancement,
Pros
Plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Great experience working for a large company
Intermediate PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 30, 2015
Edwards is a large company that manufactures heart and healthcare equipment. I had a great time working within their IT department supporting the different branches around the world. Pay and benefits are a definite plus.
innovated company
Medical Sales (Former Employee) –  Outside SalesFebruary 5, 2015
Edwards is a innovated cutting edge technology company.
The top managers don't seem to communicate and know what is going on within the other divisions.
There seems to be the "ME" attitude
Pros
great benefits especially the espp
Cons
managers not really knowing what is going on, promotions based on who you know not what you know
Rewarding atmosphere with a booming company
Senior Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2016
Great rewarding feeling working for a great company.
Leadership sometimes leaves something to be desired, but overall good direction.
VERY high-paced atmosphere that can make you feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Work satsifaction
Cons
tight deadlines
Changing environment
Labeling Specialist (Current Employee) –  PRJune 18, 2013
A typical day work, data entry of investigations of every owner in the company. Send notifications of overdues reviews. Updating my data of documents and procedures that change in the company. Answering calls and attending meetings. Work in groups to make final decisions in some cases. The most enjoyable part of the job is receving a thanks from the people I help. Also I am co-lider of a comittee of Health and Wellness. This participation with the comittee make me fill usefull because i help people and that make me proud.
benefits
Cons
not much opportunity of professional growth
medical device
Quality control technician (Current Employee) –  irvine CANovember 19, 2014
medical device
competitive salary and benefit for the type of industry it is. Good medical benefits and some extra benefits for discounts.
Pros
class leading products opportunity for advancement
Cons
innovation is lacking in all bus lawyers seem to run the show

4.2