Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

Great Medical Device Company, Leader in Heart Valve Manufacturing
Complaints Coordinator, Heart Valve Therapy (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 April 2017
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
Good places to work
Assembler rings (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UT23 March 2017
Nice environment to work
Excelente people and co workers
Good paying
Long shift but a you have a extra day off
A lot benefit to employees at work
Positive people
Amazing workplace and benefits
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore24 February 2017
I have learned a lot about time management.
It is a manufacturing company doing heart valves.
Coordinating orders and manufacturing is really challenging.
That is because when I first joined, the company has just moved to its office in Changi North.A big change from their office in Ubi Techpark. Therefore there is minimal sewers from the production team that could produce a QA approved valves. During that time we have to work closely with the production team leader as well as QA.
Management is good, the appraisal is being done openly. We know where we have excel and otherwise. We are encouraged to move forward and make changes for better results.
Pros
Family occasions, free lunches during festive season
Cons
Low salary
Growing company distant from its manufacturing drones
Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 February 2017
Very strict about attendance; will work you to the bone with overtime; was an interesting experience but working on tiny devices under a microscope is not for everyone. Not a bad job if you can stand it as the benefits and salary+overtime are great.
Pros
Lots of employee benefits, good income, opportunities for advancement and permanent position
Cons
Soul-sucking manufacturing work, training is abysmal, poor communication in management
Productive Workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR10 February 2017
Reach the production on time.
I learned do the work fast and well.
The workplace culture is in a quiet environment free of noises.
Pros
Lunches with all co-workers
Cons
various breaks
Great place to job.
Quality Control Auditor (Engineering Department) (Current Employee) –  Añasco, PR12 January 2017
My opinion about Edwards in añasco is the following:

1). Nice place to job.
2). Good work environment.
3). Reward for make a good job
Pros
Free lunchers in especial occasion
Cons
Few benefits to temporary employees
very good company
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Unterschleißheim2 January 2017
top company!
professional management
good colleagues
good products
good worklife balance
direct management style
you are able to change processes and behaviour styles
Pros
good management
Cons
none so far
great place to work with outstanding benefits.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT12 December 2016
This a great place to work that has wonderful benefits. There are many people that work here that a very approachable and are willing to help mentor and develop others. There are great educational benefits as well. Many options offered to employees with jobs, cafeteria, gym, etc.
Pros
Benefits, hours available for work
Cons
corporate politics
Great place to work.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR8 December 2016
I started working there in 1987 ,learned to operate alot of machines.I always had penty of work.Had a great time there.I had alot of great co workers,learned alot from them.
Greatness
Sr. Analyst Regulatory Affairs Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA20 November 2016
I have been working here for a few weeks thus far and I love everything about Edwards. The environment is fun and the people are great. The responsibility is felt.

Want to know more about Edwards Lifesciences?

Ask a question
70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Opérations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 November 2016
I have worked here for several years. I am a highly productive employee. Unfortunately, promotions at Edwards are nonexistent. They have chosen people they will promote almost continuously, while others are completely overlooked. The work hours are unsustainable, plan on 70 hour work weeks as the norm. Very unfortunate and disappointing.
Pros
Cons
70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Great company to work for
Validation Lead/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 November 2016
I was a contractor so hard to rate overall. Great company, great manager and good people. Filling up words now to meet 20 words minimum.
Great Culture for Growth and Development
Manufacturing Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 November 2016
Edwards is a great company that provides an exciting and challenging work environment.They provide plenty of growth opportunity as well as a great work/life balance culture. They are a competitive company that looks to attract the best personnel to help lead the company to success.
Manage Time
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico30 October 2016
During this job I learn how to work under pressure and manage time because I was an assembler and this job was based in do the job in a laps of time.,.
Labeling Supervisors need to go!
Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 September 2016
Cons

Labeling group with a really poor attitude from leadership and clica, poor communication, unclear and confusing standard work procedures, poor training, poor meetings, poor morale, and poor team dynamics. In less than 5 months about 10 people resigned from a total group of 40 leaving behind a culture of insecurity, mistreatment, and demeaning attitude.

Advice to Management

get management training, stop screaming at people, and stop making people feel miserable
Pros
Great team workers who really want to put out a good product, We work hard to get the job done right and on time.
Cons
There is an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. Due to negative attitude from upper management, 4 workers walked out in 3 months. Advice to Management Review Globel Labeling department management.

Comment – 25 March 2017

I use to work in the labeling department.....and left for the vary reasons stated above. I have friends that still work in the labeling department and they tell me that things have not changed and have gotten worse. So glad I left when I did last year.

Fast paced enviornment
Global Label Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 September 2016
It's a good place to work and interact with many different people everyday. There is a cafeteria on-site which makes it easy to get lunch. Co-workers are readily available to help brain storm. Working in teams was a big part of my job there.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
dual campus
Good place for working
QA Analyst Specialist Contract by LabChem solution (Current Employee) –  Puerto Rico8 September 2016
Very demanding job with high standard of compliance. The management is good. I develop my skills in R&D and purchasing. My co-workers are good and reliable in the job environment.
Pros
Flexible job hours
Productive place
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico2 September 2016
Productive place in which the employees and leaders were committed to ensure quality work in the product manufactured to save lives.
Pros
Environment, Benefits
Cons
Work and life balance
Good company.
UDI Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 July 2016
As a temporary employee who worked remotely, I cannot provide a fair or accurate review of this company. I worked with a small number of people there with whom I enjoyed working.
Pros
no commute
Cons
project ended in half the time expected
Good environment and campus feel
Finance Manager - AP & Travel/Expense (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 July 2016
Good work life balance depending on the department. Corporate Accounting area is heavier on month/quarter end. Advancement within the finance organization structure is flat so there are not many opportunities for vertical growth. Usually all lateral moves.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
Advancement is limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edwards Lifesciences. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2