Edwards Lifesciences

Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

Growing company distant from its manufacturing drones
Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 February 2017
Very strict about attendance; will work you to the bone with overtime; was an interesting experience but working on tiny devices under a microscope is not for everyone. Not a bad job if you can stand it as the benefits and salary+overtime are great.
Pros
Lots of employee benefits, good income, opportunities for advancement and permanent position
Cons
Soul-sucking manufacturing work, training is abysmal, poor communication in management
great place to work with outstanding benefits.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT12 December 2016
This a great place to work that has wonderful benefits. There are many people that work here that a very approachable and are willing to help mentor and develop others. There are great educational benefits as well. Many options offered to employees with jobs, cafeteria, gym, etc.
Pros
Benefits, hours available for work
Cons
corporate politics
Great place to job.
Quality Control Auditor (Engineering Department) (Current Employee) –  Añasco, PR12 January 2017
My opinion about Edwards in añasco is the following:

1). Nice place to job.
2). Good work environment.
3). Reward for make a good job
Pros
Free lunchers in especial occasion
Cons
Few benefits to temporary employees
Labeling Supervisors need to go!
Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 September 2016
Cons

Labeling group with a really poor attitude from leadership and clica, poor communication, unclear and confusing standard work procedures, poor training, poor meetings, poor morale, and poor team dynamics. In less than 5 months about 10 people resigned from a total group of 40 leaving behind a culture of insecurity, mistreatment, and demeaning attitude.

Advice to Management

get management training, stop screaming at people, and stop making people feel miserable
Pros
Great team workers who really want to put out a good product, We work hard to get the job done right and on time.
Cons
There is an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. Due to negative attitude from upper management, 4 workers walked out in 3 months. Advice to Management Review Globel Labeling department management.
Productive place
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico2 September 2016
Productive place in which the employees and leaders were committed to ensure quality work in the product manufactured to save lives.
Pros
Environment, Benefits
Cons
Work and life balance
Great Culture for Growth and Development
Manufacturing Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 November 2016
Edwards is a great company that provides an exciting and challenging work environment.They provide plenty of growth opportunity as well as a great work/life balance culture. They are a competitive company that looks to attract the best personnel to help lead the company to success.
70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Opérations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 November 2016
I have worked here for several years. I am a highly productive employee. Unfortunately, promotions at Edwards are nonexistent. They have chosen people they will promote almost continuously, while others are completely overlooked. The work hours are unsustainable, plan on 70 hour work weeks as the norm. Very unfortunate and disappointing.
Pros
Cons
70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Good environment and campus feel
Finance Manager - AP & Travel/Expense (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 July 2016
Good work life balance depending on the department. Corporate Accounting area is heavier on month/quarter end. Advancement within the finance organization structure is flat so there are not many opportunities for vertical growth. Usually all lateral moves.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
Advancement is limited
very good company
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Unterschleißheim2 January 2017
top company!
professional management
good colleagues
good products
good worklife balance
direct management style
you are able to change processes and behaviour styles
Pros
good management
Cons
none so far
Good place for working
QA Analyst Specialist Contract by LabChem solution (Current Employee) –  Puerto Rico8 September 2016
Very demanding job with high standard of compliance. The management is good. I develop my skills in R&D and purchasing. My co-workers are good and reliable in the job environment.
Pros
Flexible job hours
Productive Workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR10 February 2017
Reach the production on time.
I learned do the work fast and well.
The workplace culture is in a quiet environment free of noises.
Pros
Lunches with all co-workers
Cons
various breaks
Productive and active work environment
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 July 2016
Edwards recently renovated the campus and is continuing to do so. New buildings and new perks such as a ping pong table, bocce ball, a park/track, etc. They really encourage you to get off your chair and be active - health conscious. Overall, it's your typical corporate work environment with cubicles and quietness. There are many options for you to move around work stations in the new building with their set up of individual pods or desks scattered around. Working in different environments can help foster creativity and productivity.
Pros
Health conscious, shutdown for the holidays!
Cons
Entitlement culture
Better Pick the Right Job!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA15 June 2016
College grad was hired for a position I was not experienced in. Manager was NOT helpful. Rather than coaching, the manager would just complain. Expected way too much from me, knowing I was a recent college grad (1 WEEK!). Ended up being laid off after 2 months. 1 Month to get the job then 2 months in, let go! Total BS! Make sure you really find out the department you are working in. If you have a small department and only a handful of co workers, then this is probably going to be an issue!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much work, POOR management, High Expectations starting day 1!
Greatness
Sr. Analyst Regulatory Affairs Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA20 November 2016
I have been working here for a few weeks thus far and I love everything about Edwards. The environment is fun and the people are great. The responsibility is felt.
Great place to work.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR8 December 2016
I started working there in 1987 ,learned to operate alot of machines.I always had penty of work.Had a great time there.I had alot of great co workers,learned alot from them.
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT5 May 2016
awesome place that is always hiring and you can move up the ladder if you put your mind to it. monitored bathroom breaks suck
Pros
medical is awesome, free vision, dental is normal, gym, cafeteria, work with family
Cons
have to suck up to move up the tree.breaks are short, long hours, mandatory overtime
Great company to work for
Validation Lead/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 November 2016
I was a contractor so hard to rate overall. Great company, great manager and good people. Filling up words now to meet 20 words minimum.
Fast paced enviornment
Global Label Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 September 2016
It's a good place to work and interact with many different people everyday. There is a cafeteria on-site which makes it easy to get lunch. Co-workers are readily available to help brain storm. Working in teams was a big part of my job there.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
dual campus
Manage Time
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico30 October 2016
During this job I learn how to work under pressure and manage time because I was an assembler and this job was based in do the job in a laps of time.,.
Good place to work all in all
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA26 November 2014
Edwards (Formerly Baxter Healthcare) does its best to foster an environment of personal growth, work/life balance, health and wellness, and to "act like an owner", but some of that feeling has been lost over the past 5 years or so; whether it was the explosion of the Trans-catheter Heart Valve business, or the influx of recent college graduates with an "entitlement" complex, the company has grown quickly, but that might not have been the best for the culture. It felt like the management had lost touch a bit with what made the core values so easy to buy in to when the company first split from Baxter, and rewards and advancement seem to favor the newer staff, while the "originals" are often left behind, without a true voice. I loved my time there, and thought I'd retire from Edwards, but when new management came in my area and cleaned house, I eventually felt completely demoralized by their actions, and I lost all sense of accomplishment. My decision to leave was a difficult one, but necessary to preserve my integrity and work ethic.
Pros
Onsite Fitness Center, Benefits, paid shutdown over Christmas break
Cons
Entitlement culture, no HR support for employees

4.2