Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work, flexible shifts
Control Specialist (Current Employee), Añasco, PRApril 14, 2016
Pros: flexible shifts, supervisor are respectful and undesrtanding
In a typical day at work I have to follow up the updates of the projects I am involved with. After everything is set up I perform operations in the system JDE that applies to my area. I learn a lot of systems , computer programs and good manufacturing practices. Co workers are people willing to help and teach. The hardest and at the same the most enjoyable part of the job is to finished the goal of the week. Its hard because it takes a lot of hard work to accomplished it and its enjoyable because it feels great to accomplished your goals.
sales
sales (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2016
Pay is comparable to other industries however there is no promotional opportunity within the organization. all second level management is done from the outside. There is little to no culture and morale is not great
Edwards Lifesciences
Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great company overall, your time at Edwards depends on your management. Management is mostly old and have only worked at Edwards therefore, management can be unfair and get away many unethical practices.
Good compensation
Labeling Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2016
While paid well and direct management was well handled by other contractors, the larger group suffered from some disorganization.
Very well run company!
Senior Manager, Professional Education (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Great team
Cons: None
Wonderful team, nice culture, excellent product portfolio, opportunity for advancement. Live by our credo. Saving hearts, and affecting the quality of people's lives in every corner of the world!
Rewarding atmosphere with a booming company
Senior Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Work satsifaction
Cons: tight deadlines
Great rewarding feeling working for a great company.
Leadership sometimes leaves something to be desired, but overall good direction.
VERY high-paced atmosphere that can make you feel overwhelmed.
Senior Research and Development Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Edwards is a great place to work at. There is a positive culture there and there is plenty of opportunities for advancement,
Great Company
Administrator I, Systems (Former Employee), Draper, UTOctober 2, 2015
Great People and Great products.

Really love working here.

They have the best benefits of any company i have worked at.

Very strong financial position.

Very innovative.
Engaging Work and Excellent Culture
Advanced Materials and Technology R&D Intern (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2015
Have worked at Edwards Lifesciences as an intern across multiple departments for my entire college career. Each internship has been a great experience and has shown me the research and work involved in creating a heart valve product. Very hands-on work that allowed me to engage both creative and analytic faculties in a meaningful way. Managers have provided strong guidance in shaping my future career path.
Fun and good work place but no room to advance
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2015
Great company to work for, reason why I left was because there was no room to advance within the company and make more money.
Enjoyable and hard work
FMEA Assessment supporting QA Engineer (Current Employee), Añasco, Puerto RicoJune 16, 2015
Company has friendly and enjoyable environment. The employees are always available to help you learn more about the company and their operations. During the time I have been in the company I have had the opportunity to learn and be part of different projects helping me diversify myself. But one of the hardest part of the job are the time limits and the operations that are required to finish the job. Most of the time your job requires paper work that others have, so it may take time to finish your work because of the amount of work and priorities others have.
Great environment and benefits
Quality Compliance Associate II (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 19, 2015
great company to work for! Very supportive and encouraging! Lots of growth potential! They encourage growth and provide plenty of classes on campus to encourage development.
Great experience working for a large company
Intermediate PC Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 30, 2015
Edwards is a large company that manufactures heart and healthcare equipment. I had a great time working within their IT department supporting the different branches around the world. Pay and benefits are a definite plus.
Edwards Lifesciences
Department Coordinator, THV Clinical Safety (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits package
Cons: Low pay, not reflective of education-level
This is a wonderful company that offers many benefits for its employees. The base compensation is almost too low to accommodate living in the area though, so expect a mid-long commute. The CEO is an amazing role-model + often eats lunch in the main cafeteria with everyone. I do love this company but I wish they really valued my graduate-level education whether the job I do requires it or not.
Large company with great values.
Microbiologist I (Current Employee), Draper, UTMarch 2, 2015
Most departments work 4 10's, with the administration working 8 hour shifts. The managment does a good job of assigning tasks and giving resources to finish things. It is nice to work in an industry that is helping patients live longer and add quality to their lives. The best part of the job is hosting patient tours and wathing patient interviews.
Excellent company to work for all round
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Newbury, ENGFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: bonuses, work environment, team building
Cons: cant think of any that would warrant putting in here
Edwards Lifesciences Ltd provide an excellent working environment for their employees and I find it hard to fault any areas of the business,
All employees are committed to their roles and the aim of the company.
innovated company
Medical Sales (Former Employee), Outside SalesFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits especially the espp
Cons: managers not really knowing what is going on, promotions based on who you know not what you know
Edwards is a innovated cutting edge technology company.
The top managers don't seem to communicate and know what is going on within the other divisions.
There seems to be the "ME" attitude
saving life
Distinguished Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nice facilily
Good place to work good people. Smart & fun poeple. The prodcut is class III with highest quality standard requiements. The work palce is very clean and comfortable
Great place to learn how to work on a high stress environment
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee), Santo DomingoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great learning experience of a quality system
Cons: lack of support from management
A typical day will begin with a daily review of quality system update meeting with area manager or supervisor.

Review/Follow up of the following task by priority:

1- Investigations update (CAPA, Non conformities and or investigations)

2- Meetings and or prepare meeting deliverable

3- Work along with assembly line supervisor and engineer on continuous improvement projects

4- Quality system controls (Quality control plans (QCP), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)

5- Support to the following system:
-Preventive Maintenance
-Facilities
-Critical system
-Incoming Inspection

as required by each area

Here I learned to work under a lot of pressure and how a complete quality system works, know how and know to do good investigations and or validation process along with process engineer.

Good co-workers but there was little support from my supervisor due to lack of knowledge.

The hardest part of the job was definitely lack of support from management and long waiting time for documents approval.

What I love the most about it was that i discover my real capacities to work under pressure and the expansion of my critical thinking and or problem solving abilities.
Nice place to work if you are on site or don't mind flying there as needed.
Report Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: can work from home.
Cons: have to fly to california from time to time.
Nice culture. I got very good and writing BOXI, SAS, and Excel VBA reports for clinical trial data.