Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Opérations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 November 2016
I have worked here for several years. I am a highly productive employee. Unfortunately, promotions at Edwards are nonexistent. They have chosen people they will promote almost continuously, while others are completely overlooked. The work hours are unsustainable, plan on 70 hour work weeks as the norm. Very unfortunate and disappointing.
Pros
Cons
70 hour work weeks and no promotions
Great company to work for
Validation Lead/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 November 2016
I was a contractor so hard to rate overall. Great company, great manager and good people. Filling up words now to meet 20 words minimum.
Great Culture for Growth and Development
Manufacturing Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 November 2016
Edwards is a great company that provides an exciting and challenging work environment.They provide plenty of growth opportunity as well as a great work/life balance culture. They are a competitive company that looks to attract the best personnel to help lead the company to success.
Manage Time
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico30 October 2016
During this job I learn how to work under pressure and manage time because I was an assembler and this job was based in do the job in a laps of time.,.
Labeling Supervisors need to go!
Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 September 2016
Cons

Labeling group with a really poor attitude from leadership and clica, poor communication, unclear and confusing standard work procedures, poor training, poor meetings, poor morale, and poor team dynamics. In less than 5 months about 10 people resigned from a total group of 40 leaving behind a culture of insecurity, mistreatment, and demeaning attitude.

Advice to Management

get management training, stop screaming at people, and stop making people feel miserable
Pros
Great team workers who really want to put out a good product, We work hard to get the job done right and on time.
Cons
There is an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. Due to negative attitude from upper management, 4 workers walked out in 3 months. Advice to Management Review Globel Labeling department management.
Fast paced enviornment
Global Label Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 September 2016
It's a good place to work and interact with many different people everyday. There is a cafeteria on-site which makes it easy to get lunch. Co-workers are readily available to help brain storm. Working in teams was a big part of my job there.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
dual campus
Good place for working
QA Analyst Specialist Contract by LabChem solution (Current Employee) –  Puerto Rico8 September 2016
Very demanding job with high standard of compliance. The management is good. I develop my skills in R&D and purchasing. My co-workers are good and reliable in the job environment.
Pros
Flexible job hours
Productive place
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico2 September 2016
Productive place in which the employees and leaders were committed to ensure quality work in the product manufactured to save lives.
Pros
Environment, Benefits
Cons
Work and life balance
Good company.
UDI Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 July 2016
As a temporary employee who worked remotely, I cannot provide a fair or accurate review of this company. I worked with a small number of people there with whom I enjoyed working.
Pros
no commute
Cons
project ended in half the time expected
Good environment and campus feel
Finance Manager - AP & Travel/Expense (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 July 2016
Good work life balance depending on the department. Corporate Accounting area is heavier on month/quarter end. Advancement within the finance organization structure is flat so there are not many opportunities for vertical growth. Usually all lateral moves.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
Advancement is limited
Productive and active work environment
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 July 2016
Edwards recently renovated the campus and is continuing to do so. New buildings and new perks such as a ping pong table, bocce ball, a park/track, etc. They really encourage you to get off your chair and be active - health conscious. Overall, it's your typical corporate work environment with cubicles and quietness. There are many options for you to move around work stations in the new building with their set up of individual pods or desks scattered around. Working in different environments can help foster creativity and productivity.
Pros
Health conscious, shutdown for the holidays!
Cons
Entitlement culture
Better Pick the Right Job!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA15 June 2016
College grad was hired for a position I was not experienced in. Manager was NOT helpful. Rather than coaching, the manager would just complain. Expected way too much from me, knowing I was a recent college grad (1 WEEK!). Ended up being laid off after 2 months. 1 Month to get the job then 2 months in, let go! Total BS! Make sure you really find out the department you are working in. If you have a small department and only a handful of co workers, then this is probably going to be an issue!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much work, POOR management, High Expectations starting day 1!
employee friendly with activities.
Manufacturing Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT19 May 2016
Great company, people oriented but work life balance is tough. The Manufacturing areas work a lot of overtime and 2nd shift is hard to participate in family activities.
Pros
Great health care package
Cons
Afternoon shift
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT5 May 2016
awesome place that is always hiring and you can move up the ladder if you put your mind to it. monitored bathroom breaks suck
Pros
medical is awesome, free vision, dental is normal, gym, cafeteria, work with family
Cons
have to suck up to move up the tree.breaks are short, long hours, mandatory overtime
Wonderful Company
Transcatheter Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA29 April 2016
Wonderful company to be employed with especially their bonuses, they even give their employees 6 pairs of scrubs. I would say Go and Apply ! Gain some new experience wouldn't hurt right.
Nice place to work, flexible shifts
Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Añasco, PR14 April 2016
In a typical day at work I have to follow up the updates of the projects I am involved with. After everything is set up I perform operations in the system JDE that applies to my area. I learn a lot of systems , computer programs and good manufacturing practices. Co workers are people willing to help and teach. The hardest and at the same the most enjoyable part of the job is to finished the goal of the week. Its hard because it takes a lot of hard work to accomplished it and its enjoyable because it feels great to accomplished your goals.
Pros
flexible shifts, supervisor are respectful and undesrtanding
sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA28 March 2016
Pay is comparable to other industries however there is no promotional opportunity within the organization. all second level management is done from the outside. There is little to no culture and morale is not great
Edwards Lifesciences
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 March 2016
Great company overall, your time at Edwards depends on your management. Management is mostly old and have only worked at Edwards therefore, management can be unfair and get away many unethical practices.
Good compensation
Labeling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA23 February 2016
While paid well and direct management was well handled by other contractors, the larger group suffered from some disorganization.
Very well run company!
Senior Manager, Professional Education (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA16 February 2016
Wonderful team, nice culture, excellent product portfolio, opportunity for advancement. Live by our credo. Saving hearts, and affecting the quality of people's lives in every corner of the world!
Pros
Great team

4.2