Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2016
Pay is comparable to other industries however there is no promotional opportunity within the organization. all second level management is done from the outside. There is little to no culture and morale is not great
Very well run company!
Senior Manager, Professional Education (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Wonderful team, nice culture, excellent product portfolio, opportunity for advancement. Live by our credo. Saving hearts, and affecting the quality of people's lives in every corner of the world!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Senior Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2015
Edwards is a great place to work at. There is a positive culture there and there is plenty of opportunities for advancement,
Pros
Plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Nice place to work, flexible shifts
Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Añasco, PRApril 14, 2016
In a typical day at work I have to follow up the updates of the projects I am involved with. After everything is set up I perform operations in the system JDE that applies to my area. I learn a lot of systems , computer programs and good manufacturing practices. Co workers are people willing to help and teach. The hardest and at the same the most enjoyable part of the job is to finished the goal of the week. Its hard because it takes a lot of hard work to accomplished it and its enjoyable because it feels great to accomplished your goals.
Pros
flexible shifts, supervisor are respectful and undesrtanding
Better Pick the Right Job!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2016
College grad was hired for a position I was not experienced in. Manager was NOT helpful. Rather than coaching, the manager would just complain. Expected way too much from me, knowing I was a recent college grad (1 WEEK!). Ended up being laid off after 2 months. 1 Month to get the job then 2 months in, let go! Total BS! Make sure you really find out the department you are working in. If you have a small department and only a handful of co workers, then this is probably going to be an issue!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much work, POOR management, High Expectations starting day 1!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great company overall, your time at Edwards depends on your management. Management is mostly old and have only worked at Edwards therefore, management can be unfair and get away many unethical practices.
Good compensation
Labeling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2016
While paid well and direct management was well handled by other contractors, the larger group suffered from some disorganization.
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 5, 2016
awesome place that is always hiring and you can move up the ladder if you put your mind to it. monitored bathroom breaks suck
Pros
medical is awesome, free vision, dental is normal, gym, cafeteria, work with family
Cons
have to suck up to move up the tree.breaks are short, long hours, mandatory overtime
Good place to work all in all
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 26, 2014
Edwards (Formerly Baxter Healthcare) does its best to foster an environment of personal growth, work/life balance, health and wellness, and to "act like an owner", but some of that feeling has been lost over the past 5 years or so; whether it was the explosion of the Trans-catheter Heart Valve business, or the influx of recent college graduates with an "entitlement" complex, the company has grown quickly, but that might not have been the best for the culture. It felt like the management had lost touch a bit with what made the core values so easy to buy in to when the company first split from Baxter, and rewards and advancement seem to favor the newer staff, while the "originals" are often left behind, without a true voice. I loved my time there, and thought I'd retire from Edwards, but when new management came in my area and cleaned house, I eventually felt completely demoralized by their actions, and I lost all sense of accomplishment. My decision to leave was a difficult one, but necessary to preserve my integrity and work ethic.
Pros
onsite fitness center, benefits, paid shutdown over christmas break
Cons
entitlement culture, no hr support for employees
Wonderful Company
Transcatheter Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2016
Wonderful company to be employed with especially their bonuses, they even give their employees 6 pairs of scrubs. I would say Go and Apply ! Gain some new experience wouldn't hurt right.
Engaging Work and Excellent Culture
Advanced Materials and Technology R&D Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2015
Have worked at Edwards Lifesciences as an intern across multiple departments for my entire college career. Each internship has been a great experience and has shown me the research and work involved in creating a heart valve product. Very hands-on work that allowed me to engage both creative and analytic faculties in a meaningful way. Managers have provided strong guidance in shaping my future career path.
Rewarding atmosphere with a booming company
Senior Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2016
Great rewarding feeling working for a great company.
Leadership sometimes leaves something to be desired, but overall good direction.
VERY high-paced atmosphere that can make you feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Work satsifaction
Cons
tight deadlines
Great Company
Administrator I, Systems (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 2, 2015
Great People and Great products.

Really love working here.

They have the best benefits of any company i have worked at.

Very strong financial position.

Very innovative.
Edwards Lifesciences
Department Coordinator, THV Clinical Safety (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 1, 2015
This is a wonderful company that offers many benefits for its employees. The base compensation is almost too low to accommodate living in the area though, so expect a mid-long commute. The CEO is an amazing role-model + often eats lunch in the main cafeteria with everyone. I do love this company but I wish they really valued my graduate-level education whether the job I do requires it or not.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Low pay, not reflective of education-level
medical device
Quality control technician (Current Employee) –  irvine CANovember 19, 2014
medical device
competitive salary and benefit for the type of industry it is. Good medical benefits and some extra benefits for discounts.
Pros
class leading products opportunity for advancement
Cons
innovation is lacking in all bus lawyers seem to run the show
innovated company
Medical Sales (Former Employee) –  Outside SalesFebruary 5, 2015
Edwards is a innovated cutting edge technology company.
The top managers don't seem to communicate and know what is going on within the other divisions.
There seems to be the "ME" attitude
Pros
great benefits especially the espp
Cons
managers not really knowing what is going on, promotions based on who you know not what you know
Edwards Summary
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2014
A typical day is usually spent in meetings. I've learned that the ability to influence is key. The management is average, the company values going with the flow rather than true talent and capabilities. If you are good at following orders rather than doing what makes sense, given enough time you will move up. Some coworkers are great some are not. There is a good sense of community, however career progression is not very forgiving if you are the type that would like to move up given capabilities.
Lead
Assembly Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work consists of being reliable, showing operator’s teamwork, and reminding them how important it is to follow SOP's and drawings. Also, I insure the lines always have works orders available so there's no down time. Edwards is a company were you learn and grow, management come from many different backgrounds and are still learning on a daily bases. The job is not hard or difficult to perform; it's just about taking the time to understand the process. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a diversity of cultures, being able to learn about them what makes the job interesting.
Pros
you can expand your opportunities within the company
Cons
starting pay is not enough depending on what position you get
A medical device company that improves the lives of the recipients.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 14, 2013
Working for a medical device company makes for an exciting career.
The management is is great to work with and the co-workers are wonderful as well.

I am learning about all of the FDA regulations and training that is required to have the end product avaiable for the customers in need of the Transcatheter Heart Valves.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that it is up to me to make sure that all of the parts are in stock so the end product can be made and delivered to hospitals and doctors to use on the patients in need of this product.
Pros
there is so much to learn and knowledge to gain.
Cons
covering for an employee on maternity leave and not guaranteed permanent employment.
Enjoyable and hard work
FMEA Assessment supporting QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Añasco, Puerto RicoJune 16, 2015
Company has friendly and enjoyable environment. The employees are always available to help you learn more about the company and their operations. During the time I have been in the company I have had the opportunity to learn and be part of different projects helping me diversify myself. But one of the hardest part of the job are the time limits and the operations that are required to finish the job. Most of the time your job requires paper work that others have, so it may take time to finish your work because of the amount of work and priorities others have.

4.2