Edwards Lifesciences

Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment and benefits
Quality Compliance Associate II (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 19, 2015
great company to work for! Very supportive and encouraging! Lots of growth potential! They encourage growth and provide plenty of classes on campus to encourage development.
Great experience working for a large company
Intermediate PC Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 30, 2015
Edwards is a large company that manufactures heart and healthcare equipment. I had a great time working within their IT department supporting the different branches around the world. Pay and benefits are a definite plus.
Too much work for one day
Team Lead (Current Employee), Draper, UTApril 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Health insurance was good, 401k
Cons: Drama, No respect for one's own culture, they ask you to respect everyone but then when they disrespect you they don't do anything.
They see the problems more than what you do for the company. A typical day would be unstable. There wasn't enough management in the company. I learned to have passion to save lives. The quality is your responsibility. My co-workers were hard workers and they feel passionate for what they do. The hardest part of the job was managing conflicts. There was a lot of drama. The most enjoyable was sharing with different cultures and learn diversity.
Edwards Lifesciences
Department Coordinator, THV Clinical Safety (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits package
Cons: Low pay, not reflective of education-level
This is a wonderful company that offers many benefits for its employees. The base compensation is almost too low to accommodate living in the area though, so expect a mid-long commute. The CEO is an amazing role-model + often eats lunch in the main cafeteria with everyone. I do love this company but I wish they really valued my graduate-level education whether the job I do requires it or not.
Large company with great values.
Microbiologist I (Current Employee), Draper, UTMarch 2, 2015
Most departments work 4 10's, with the administration working 8 hour shifts. The managment does a good job of assigning tasks and giving resources to finish things. It is nice to work in an industry that is helping patients live longer and add quality to their lives. The best part of the job is hosting patient tours and wathing patient interviews.
Excellent company to work for all round
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Newbury, ENGFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: bonuses, work environment, team building
Cons: cant think of any that would warrant putting in here
Edwards Lifesciences Ltd provide an excellent working environment for their employees and I find it hard to fault any areas of the business,
All employees are committed to their roles and the aim of the company.
innovated company
Medical Sales (Former Employee), Outside SalesFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits especially the espp
Cons: managers not really knowing what is going on, promotions based on who you know not what you know
Edwards is a innovated cutting edge technology company.
The top managers don't seem to communicate and know what is going on within the other divisions.
There seems to be the "ME" attitude
saving life
Distinguished Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nice facilily
Good place to work good people. Smart & fun poeple. The prodcut is class III with highest quality standard requiements. The work palce is very clean and comfortable
Great place to learn how to work on a high stress environment
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee), Santo DomingoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great learning experience of a quality system
Cons: lack of support from management
A typical day will begin with a daily review of quality system update meeting with area manager or supervisor.

Review/Follow up of the following task by priority:

1- Investigations update (CAPA, Non conformities and or investigations)

2- Meetings and or prepare meeting deliverable

3- Work along with assembly line supervisor and engineer on continuous improvement projects

4- Quality system controls (Quality control plans (QCP), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)

5- Support to the following system:
-Preventive Maintenance
-Facilities
-Critical system
-Incoming Inspection

as required by each area

Here I learned to work under a lot of pressure and how a complete quality system works, know how and know to do good investigations and or validation process along with process engineer.

Good co-workers but there was little support from my supervisor due to lack of knowledge.

The hardest part of the job was definitely lack of support from management and long waiting time for documents approval.

What I love the most about it was that i discover my real capacities to work under pressure and the expansion of my critical thinking and or problem solving abilities.
Nice place to work if you are on site or don't mind flying there as needed.
Report Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: can work from home.
Cons: have to fly to california from time to time.
Nice culture. I got very good and writing BOXI, SAS, and Excel VBA reports for clinical trial data.
Very productive to my skills.
Help Desk Analyst & Desktop Support (Former Employee), Anasco, Puerto RicoDecember 22, 2014
I was making the professional practice by bringing support to the IT department fixing many desktop and laptop computers. making maintenance to the servers on the Data Center.
Productive company and focus on our customers.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Republica DominicanaDecember 14, 2014
I was working on MRP (Material Requirement Planning and Capacity Requirement Planning (CRP) on JDE Edwards ERP) module implementation, leading the following tasks:

· Develop & Executing Project Plan
· Provide Task and Technical Leadership
· Process improvement projects task (Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology)
· Requirements Definition Document
· Design Tools Enhancement for Development
· Testing and Validation of tools Developed
· Implementation Tools
· Design & Develop user Guide & Technical’s Documentation

Lead Migrations & upgrades Project :
Kronos Workforce 7.03 & InfintyQS Proficient
· Develop & Executing Project Plan
· Application and Database Servers validations.
· Backup Cutover Data
· Installing & configuring Test and Production Environment
· Restore Backup data
· Run test protocol: Technical, Functional and UAT
· Design & Develop user Guide & Technical’s Documentation
· Training Coordination
excellent work life dynamic
International Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 12, 2014
driven group of professionals
challenging and exciting projects
a place for a career
very international and diverse
Good place to work all in all
Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: onsite fitness center, benefits, paid shutdown over christmas break
Cons: entitlement culture, no hr support for employees
Edwards (Formerly Baxter Healthcare) does its best to foster an environment of personal growth, work/life balance, health and wellness, and to "act like an owner", but some of that feeling has been lost over the past 5 years or so; whether it was the explosion of the Trans-catheter Heart Valve business, or the influx of recent college graduates with an "entitlement" complex, the company has grown quickly, but that might not have been the best for the culture. It felt like the management had lost touch a bit with what made the core values so easy to buy in to when the company first split from Baxter, and rewards and advancement seem to favor the newer staff, while the "originals" are often left behind, without a true voice. I loved my time there, and thought I'd retire from Edwards, but when new management came in my area and cleaned house, I eventually felt completely demoralized by their actions, and I lost all sense of accomplishment. My decision to leave was a difficult one, but necessary to preserve my integrity and work ethic.
medical device
Quality control technician (Current Employee), irvine CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: class leading products opportunity for advancement
Cons: innovation is lacking in all bus lawyers seem to run the show
medical device
competitive salary and benefit for the type of industry it is. Good medical benefits and some extra benefits for discounts.
Excellent outlook on the future with room for growth everywhere
Complaint Processor and LEAN team member (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 19, 2014
Edwards Lifesciences is a focused, hardworking group of likeminded individuals who are driving forward innovative healthcare solutions. Their growth and commanding market presence makes them desirable enough, while they additionally provide one of the best and most inviting work environments possible.

Their new employee programs as well as internship programs are top notch and do an exemplary job of introducing new hires to what they should expect, as well as to each other.

Anyone with an opportunity to work for Edwards should consider themselves lucky.
Edwards Summary
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2014
A typical day is usually spent in meetings. I've learned that the ability to influence is key. The management is average, the company values going with the flow rather than true talent and capabilities. If you are good at following orders rather than doing what makes sense, given enough time you will move up. Some coworkers are great some are not. There is a good sense of community, however career progression is not very forgiving if you are the type that would like to move up given capabilities.
Great benefits, hard to advance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: stock purchase plan
Cons: hard to advance
Great benefits
hard to advance
coworkers are awesome
The medical and dental benefits are really good.
A growing company
Patent Agent (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 23, 2014
The legal department was undergoing changes, and coping with the changing markets.
Great company that supports health and wellness
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: on-site fitness center, basketball court, volleyball court and car wash
Cons: some of the buildings' work spaces lack windows and use old outdated furnishings.
Edwards maintains a positive environment for it's employees, offering classes and programs for improving health and wellness.

As the global leader in heart valves and a few other products, it is a dynamic and progressive company that prides itself on new innovation and technology.

1 2 3 4

About Edwards Lifesciences

Edwards Lifesciences has its heart in the right place. Named for the co-inventor of the first artificial heart valve, Miles "Lowell" – Read more

Edwards Lifesciences Photos

employee of the year Edwards Lifescience
Employee of the year Edwards Lifescience
HEALTH AND WELLNESS (Group that graduated from weight program)