Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Investment Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: structured training
It's an American company, so has great benefits for high performing persons. Has the best training facilities.
Must be able to work on your own
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
The job details change depending on the advisor you are working with.
They do try to replace colleges FA that leave so that the BOA's continue at the Branch
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security, can be a very quite atmosphere
I think that Edward Jones is a good company, however, the BOA's job security is not very good.

I was in a branch and the FA quit, they did not replace him and I lost my job.

I am hoping to get into another branch.
Appreciated its corporate culture and goals for investors
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Located in Mississauga Ontario, easy to get to.February 6, 2013
Pros: great bonus structure for upper management in general, nice ho isnt' in toronto
Cons: can't recall
Enjoyable in all capacities and departments I experienced, great internal systems, great people working together for same goals, hands on management team, respecting leaders in industry, supportive of its staff. Enjoyed the industry development, changes and challenges in markets, technology and most of all the people interaction globally.
The strong customer service training is a valuable take-away from this position. Great satisfaction assisting advisors and branches in transition.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: training opportunities;
Cons: tight daily schedules did not allow for much socializing among employees
Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multi-tasking required. Excellent customer service and inclusive training opportunities. Accessible management (open-door) policy and friendly co-worker atmosphere. Required intensive computer-based activities and did not lend itself to a lot of employee interaction. There were some fun theme-based activities – more... throughout the year. – less
Amazing job opportunity and great chances for advancement
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: work independently
Cons: very long hours
Very rewarding job and a great company to work for. requires very long days to start with to build up a strong book of business.
Two person office may not be the right model
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great basic training and opportunities to do more training, rewards for good work, lots of "team" building
Cons: very few opportunities for advancement, your dispensible, boa's can't travel with advisors on diversification trips
At first was a great place to work, you have to get a balanced relationship with the Advisor you work for. There's nothing that's going to save your butt if the advisor decides to dump you. Not even years of loyalty can save you.
Review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg Manitoba.June 6, 2012
Pros: good paying job
Cons: commission sales
Learned a lot from immediate supervisor.Hardest part of the job is constant prospecting i.e door to door during winter season.
Excellent support mechanism whilst training,support minimal thereafter
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great training and potential for development.
Cons: unrealistic sales targets and how to get there.
Very challenging times with market reception. Training was superb as was product availability. Sales targets were unrealistic during market downturn. Only two members of our initial class are still employed by the company.
Tough sales job, commission only
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), BCFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: potential to earn partnership
Cons: commission only pay can be inconsistant
If you are an excellent sales person with a good work ethic and a high tolerance for rejection, if you have the ability to weather ups and downs with a commission only income and can maintain your cool in a high stress environment working 12 hours a day, six days a week, then this is the job for you.
Great company to start a career as an investment advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: regional support
Cons: door to door prospecting
Our goal was to make 25 contacts per day with potential prospects by going door to door within an assigned territory. We would follow up with these prospects in the near future with focused call sessions to better identify their financial needs and to offer tailored solutions.

The training program is primarily focused on how to prospect and very little – more... is concentrated on the product knowledge that we as advisors need to make the recommendations that are in the best interest of our clients.

One benefit of working for Edward Jones is that there is no micromanagement. Each advisor has the resources of the home office and the freedom to build their practice however they see fit.
In addition, the majority of the senior advisors within my region were happy to meet with new advisors and offer their expertise and business building techniques.

The most difficult part of the job was going door to door. In this day and age, people are very reluctant to provide sensitive information, such as their finances, to a stranger walking through their neighborhood.
Beacuse the door to door activity was so time consuming, it was difficult to prospect through other avenues, for example, civic organizations, personal networking, seminars, etc.

Although going door to door proved an inefficient method for prospecting, I believe the activity helped facilitate the understanding of how difficult it can be to build a business in the Financial Services industry. Advisors utilizing the door to door technique inevitably develop a thicker skin and are more adept to overcoming objections. Because of this, I believe Edward Jones is a great place for someone starting out in the industry. – less
Review
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), San DiegoNovember 20, 2014
Pros: work independently, continuous learning, and medical benefits
Cons: if you work for a financial advisor you don't get along with it can be the worse place to work for.
It's a great position in the company when you are starting out to gain knowledge and experience in finance and investments. If you don't mind the minimal pay you get. You work independently for the most part but you are always learning something new and there is e-training that helps you. A typical day at work would be checking your email, daily meeting – more... with Financial Advisor, answering phones, setting appointments, maintaining administrative documents, transferring assets to and from accounts. – less
A great job
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 20, 2014
I have loved my time at Edward Jones. Sadly I have moved up the ladder as much as possible and it's time for a new adventure. I would love a company that I believe in and a job that is project based. Event planing is my favorite part of my job.
Edward Jones
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2014
Pros: great community atmosphere, great ce and communication
Cons: the potential for advancement is not strong
A typical day at E.J. begins with a Relevant Report Status which informs all compliance analysts of things to look for and situations which could put the firm at risk. Broker activity is the primary topic of these reports.

My education at E.J. is continuing as they provide good payment for C.E. as well in house tutorials, lectures and procedural updates.

Everything – more... at E.J. is team based which works well as all "team members" are encouraged to share information, successes, failures etc. while the team leaders takes the relevant information and forwards this information to the team leaders and managers of other departments so they are able to continually update and improve the entire system.

The co-workers are the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. It's difficult to continually have to pick up the slack for those who either don't do their job, are continually sick, or those that flat out don't know what their doing. But at the same time the camaraderie is great. – less
Most enjoyable part of the job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: prospecting door to door
Working with my clients! They are the most important thing to me.
Very beneifical
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2014
Very well organized environment. I gained a lot of management experience. My co-workers were very easy going, there was nothing hard about this job, and the most enjoyable part of theis job was interacting with the clients.
Benefits are great and hours are good
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: small offices and poor communication with immediate supervisor
Learned how to manage money and how stock markets work
Made many friends of my clients and enjoyed being able to help them reach their retirement goals.
Difficulty sometimes dealing with people when market prices are going down. Having to reassure that time in the market with prevail and most times when market is down that is a time to buy.
Setting – more... up events and meeting new perspective clients in a variety of events. – less
Productive, TeamPlayer, Fast Paced
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 11, 2014
I work part-time from home. My day starts at 7:00 and I am done working by noon. From the time I log onto the phones, I am troubleshooting computer problems from, remote access, printers, telephones, VDI issues, software applications, etc. I work in a very fast past environment and multi-tasking is a requirement in this position. I enjoy problem solving, – more... working with my peers, as well as working for my customers. My employment in IS very challenging and the environment is always changing, which makes my day go by faster. There is never a dull moment working in IS. – less
Labor Intensive Work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Hinesville, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent management, networking possibilities
Cons: labor extensive work
I worked as a personal assistant for the representative of the office, filling tasks ranging from yard work to office tasks such as filing and managing. I often travelled using my personal vehicle or business vehicles to fulfill certain tasks.
Great Opportunity for the Door Knocker
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: unlimited earning potential, diversification trips, and investment products.
Cons: trick-or-treating, except they don't expect you and they aren't giving out candy.
Edward Jones is a great place to work for, or so I hear. You need to get to the 5+ year mark with Edward Jones for it to be worth it. Until then a typical day involves some of the hardest work you'll ever do.

If you don't like going door-to-door then I strongly encourage you to look for another firm because that's what the first 5 years of your career – more... will involve. Yes, you heard me correctly, their business model involves you going out into a neighborhood and knocking on peoples doors. You want to get know the people in your community and what better way to accomplish that then showing up on their doorstep.

The training and culture are pretty great and if you are willing to suffer through the door knocking then you'll have a fantastic career with great benefits (co-workers and compensation).

Essentially, it all comes down to this question, can you knock on 10,000 doors? That's not an exaggeration. If you can, then get ready for an amazing career you won't regret. If you can't, run. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more