Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Must be able to work on your own
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
The job details change depending on the advisor you are working with.
They do try to replace colleges FA that leave so that the BOA's continue at the Branch
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security, can be a very quite atmosphere
I think that Edward Jones is a good company, however, the BOA's job security is not very good.

I was in a branch and the FA quit, they did not replace him and I lost my job.

I am hoping to get into another branch.
Appreciated its corporate culture and goals for investors
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Located in Mississauga Ontario, easy to get to.February 6, 2013
Pros: great bonus structure for upper management in general, nice ho isnt' in toronto
Cons: can't recall
Enjoyable in all capacities and departments I experienced, great internal systems, great people working together for same goals, hands on management team, respecting leaders in industry, supportive of its staff. Enjoyed the industry development, changes and challenges in markets, technology and most of all the people interaction globally.
The strong customer service training is a valuable take-away from this position. Great satisfaction assisting advisors and branches in transition.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: training opportunities;
Cons: tight daily schedules did not allow for much socializing among employees
Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multi-tasking required. Excellent customer service and inclusive training opportunities. Accessible management (open-door) policy and friendly co-worker atmosphere. Required intensive computer-based activities and did not lend itself to a lot of employee interaction. There were some fun theme-based activities – more... throughout the year. – less
Amazing job opportunity and great chances for advancement
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: work independently
Cons: very long hours
Very rewarding job and a great company to work for. requires very long days to start with to build up a strong book of business.
Two person office may not be the right model
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great basic training and opportunities to do more training, rewards for good work, lots of "team" building
Cons: very few opportunities for advancement, your dispensible, boa's can't travel with advisors on diversification trips
At first was a great place to work, you have to get a balanced relationship with the Advisor you work for. There's nothing that's going to save your butt if the advisor decides to dump you. Not even years of loyalty can save you.
Review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg Manitoba.June 6, 2012
Pros: good paying job
Cons: commission sales
Learned a lot from immediate supervisor.Hardest part of the job is constant prospecting i.e door to door during winter season.
Excellent support mechanism whilst training,support minimal thereafter
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great training and potential for development.
Cons: unrealistic sales targets and how to get there.
Very challenging times with market reception. Training was superb as was product availability. Sales targets were unrealistic during market downturn. Only two members of our initial class are still employed by the company.
Tough sales job, commission only
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), BCFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: potential to earn partnership
Cons: commission only pay can be inconsistant
If you are an excellent sales person with a good work ethic and a high tolerance for rejection, if you have the ability to weather ups and downs with a commission only income and can maintain your cool in a high stress environment working 12 hours a day, six days a week, then this is the job for you.
Excellent culture with a shared vision
BOA Hiring - Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: excellent learning environment, good benefits
Edward Jones was an excellent place to work. It cultivates a wonderful learning environment. I learned so much by working here. My leadership was extremely supportive of my development and wanted to see all of us do our best. They were also very good at sharing the vision of the firm and keeping our strategy aligned with that vision.

The most challenging – more... aspect of my job was that my area was working with the financial advisors during a stressful time in their business. The Branch Office Administrator is their entire staff and when they leave, they have lost half their team. The financial advisors are then left to support the clients on their own. This creates work for us that is highly urgent. Time is of the essence and it is imperative that you work smart and get the work completed in a very timely manner. – less
Great Company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), River Ridge, LASeptember 25, 2014
Great company to work for! Gave me everything I needed to be successful, however, I did not find it to be a good fit for me at this time.
good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), spring hill,tnSeptember 25, 2014
good place to work if you like to work very hard. must know a lot of people with money.
Great company
Financial Planner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free to advance
Cons: door to door sales to get started.
Just wasn't for me. Having to go door to door to acquire business was not my cup of tea.
Ability to work independently.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2014
Office Manager many times with running the office alone. Great regional team network with room for bonuses and advancements.
A great company to work and grow with
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: two person office, large home office support, unlimited learning capabilities, benefits
Cons: excessive paperwork procedures, workload assigned for one person
I started this job not knowing anything about investments or the stock market. The training I received taught me an unmeasurable amount of information. My main focus was to deliver amazing customer service in any way to help clients. It was a two person office with the financial adviser and myself enabling a close working relationship to best suit the – more... business needs. The hardest part of the job was the amount of pressure put on my position. The most enjoyable part was working with clients and being able to help them reach their financial needs. – less
HOOOah!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Fairview, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: to much travel.
Would do it all over again! To all my Army brethren blessing to you all!!
Great opportunity to build a book of business and make a lot of money
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Fairview, ORSeptember 2, 2014
Spend most of the day in early career going door to door and prospecting. Then work with those prospects to create a financial plan. Work schedule is all based on how successful you want to be.
Good Company, Good Training, Terrible ramp up period
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), MidwestSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: own business, fellow advisors, home office
Cons: starting pay, expectation increases too soon
I love the company and the culture but depending on your situation getting ramped up and successfully bringing in enough clients so you can make ends meet can take well over a year. In the mean time your pay decreases at a rapid rate so you have to make it up on your commissions. If you don't then you fall below expectations and could be out on your – more... tail with no severance and no benefits. I'd say it's a good place to start if your single. If your a family man it is a big gamble that you are going to make enough money even if you bust your tail and do everything they say to do. Client creation and asset accumulation is very tough and if you don't meet the right people and they don't have a good reason to leave their current FA and bring assets to you then good luck living on the small investors. You need to be bringing in at least $200K a month new just to survive. The commission rate the first three years is terrible. The insurance is major medical so be prepared to pay all your doctors bills because it's only good if you get into a major accident. Be sure you ask up front about the salary ramping down. They were not up front with me on this. I was told for 2 years I'd have a guarantee base while I built my business. Wrong! At month 10 because I received a Goodknight my salary is going down. Goodknight does not mean your life is on easy street. Veteran FA's give you the bottom of the barrel and you are supposed to be able to make something out of it. It helps them with their business and in my opinion hurts yours. Meanwhile they give you their worst clients and EDJ suddenly thinks because they gave you these clients your salary should go down and your monthly expectations go up. If the Veteran FA couldn't do it why do they think a new FA can. Mine are mostly elderly people who are drawing down every month and very small accounts. EDJ needs to give new FA's a full 2 year salary and more time with Goodknight clients before they expect increased productivity. If they did that then maybe more Advisors would succeed.

If you want to give this a go you better pile up your savings because you are going to dig into it or worse your retirement to keep the dream alive and keep working this job. I have found after one year selling it is probably not going to work out for me. Others in my class have been fortunate and inherited $30 million dollar offices but I am new/new with a very poor Goodknight that is actually making it harder for me to continue. – less
Risk Manager, Operations Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2014
Gained a lot of experience. Enjoyed working with coworkers.
Productive in a professional manner
Specialist-Net New Assets (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
My daily role may not be displayed for public eye due to sensitive material.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos