Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Must be able to work on your own
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
The job details change depending on the advisor you are working with.
They do try to replace colleges FA that leave so that the BOA's continue at the Branch
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security, can be a very quite atmosphere
I think that Edward Jones is a good company, however, the BOA's job security is not very good.

I was in a branch and the FA quit, they did not replace him and I lost my job.

I am hoping to get into another branch.
Appreciated its corporate culture and goals for investors
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Located in Mississauga Ontario, easy to get to.February 6, 2013
Pros: great bonus structure for upper management in general, nice ho isnt' in toronto
Cons: can't recall
Enjoyable in all capacities and departments I experienced, great internal systems, great people working together for same goals, hands on management team, respecting leaders in industry, supportive of its staff. Enjoyed the industry development, changes and challenges in markets, technology and most of all the people interaction globally.
The strong customer service training is a valuable take-away from this position. Great satisfaction assisting advisors and branches in transition.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: training opportunities;
Cons: tight daily schedules did not allow for much socializing among employees
Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multi-tasking required. Excellent customer service and inclusive training opportunities. Accessible management (open-door) policy and friendly co-worker atmosphere. Required intensive computer-based activities and did not lend itself to a lot of employee interaction. There were some fun theme-based activities – more... throughout the year. – less
Amazing job opportunity and great chances for advancement
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: work independently
Cons: very long hours
Very rewarding job and a great company to work for. requires very long days to start with to build up a strong book of business.
Two person office may not be the right model
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great basic training and opportunities to do more training, rewards for good work, lots of "team" building
Cons: very few opportunities for advancement, your dispensible, boa's can't travel with advisors on diversification trips
At first was a great place to work, you have to get a balanced relationship with the Advisor you work for. There's nothing that's going to save your butt if the advisor decides to dump you. Not even years of loyalty can save you.
Review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg Manitoba.June 6, 2012
Pros: good paying job
Cons: commission sales
Learned a lot from immediate supervisor.Hardest part of the job is constant prospecting i.e door to door during winter season.
Excellent support mechanism whilst training,support minimal thereafter
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great training and potential for development.
Cons: unrealistic sales targets and how to get there.
Very challenging times with market reception. Training was superb as was product availability. Sales targets were unrealistic during market downturn. Only two members of our initial class are still employed by the company.
Tough sales job, commission only
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), BCFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: potential to earn partnership
Cons: commission only pay can be inconsistant
If you are an excellent sales person with a good work ethic and a high tolerance for rejection, if you have the ability to weather ups and downs with a commission only income and can maintain your cool in a high stress environment working 12 hours a day, six days a week, then this is the job for you.
Excellent Organization
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
An excellent company. Great starting salary and benefits, especially for veterans.

Great positive workforce and culture.

The hardest part of the job was starting your branch office. It is hard but rewarding work.
Excellent company to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the customers.
Financial
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: nice bonus
Being a Branch Office Administrator. Getting to meet the clients, assisting the clients.
Great company with a positive work environment.
Branch Office Manager (Current Employee), Sebastopol, CAOctober 12, 2014
Excellent company with great benefits. Work one on one with a financial advisor as a team.
productive company
BOA- Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: in office by my self
This job is only for those that can handle being in an office by them self or with just one other person.
productive
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2014
great place to work, great training and very comfortable atmosphere.
Security Industry is tough all the way around so hard is whats to be expected.
Great culture and fantastic people
Sr. Recruiter, FA Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance and ability to work from home
Cons: compensation, management and limited upward mobility
Wonderful atmosphere and all of the individuals I have worked with over my long tenure there have been fantastic. I have learned a lot about the financial services industry as well as obtaining my licenses.
It's a sales job pure and simple
FINANCIAL ADVISOR TRAINEE (Former Employee), Covington, LAOctober 2, 2014
You are a number, and you have sales numbers to meet. Financial Advisors do not talk about how they have or can help clients; They focus on how much money they make and the trips they have won. Of course, this is done on the backs of their clients, by recommending client's 'invest' in offerings with high fees.

It's disappointing what they are doing – more... to people under the guise of 'helping.' – less
Excellent culture with a shared vision
BOA Hiring - Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: excellent learning environment, good benefits
Edward Jones was an excellent place to work. It cultivates a wonderful learning environment. I learned so much by working here. My leadership was extremely supportive of my development and wanted to see all of us do our best. They were also very good at sharing the vision of the firm and keeping our strategy aligned with that vision.

The most challenging – more... aspect of my job was that my area was working with the financial advisors during a stressful time in their business. The Branch Office Administrator is their entire staff and when they leave, they have lost half their team. The financial advisors are then left to support the clients on their own. This creates work for us that is highly urgent. Time is of the essence and it is imperative that you work smart and get the work completed in a very timely manner. – less
Great Company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), River Ridge, LASeptember 25, 2014
Great company to work for! Gave me everything I needed to be successful, however, I did not find it to be a good fit for me at this time.
good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), spring hill,tnSeptember 25, 2014
good place to work if you like to work very hard. must know a lot of people with money.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos