Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They do try to replace colleges FA that leave so that the BOA's continue at the Branch
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security, can be a very quite atmosphere
I think that Edward Jones is a good company, however, the BOA's job security is not very good.

I was in a branch and the FA quit, they did not replace him and I lost my job.

I am hoping to get into another branch.
Appreciated its corporate culture and goals for investors
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Located in Mississauga Ontario, easy to get to.February 6, 2013
Pros: great bonus structure for upper management in general, nice ho isnt' in toronto
Cons: can't recall
Enjoyable in all capacities and departments I experienced, great internal systems, great people working together for same goals, hands on management team, respecting leaders in industry, supportive of its staff. Enjoyed the industry development, changes and challenges in markets, technology and most of all the people interaction globally.
The strong customer service training is a valuable take-away from this position. Great satisfaction assisting advisors and branches in transition.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: training opportunities;
Cons: tight daily schedules did not allow for much socializing among employees
Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multi-tasking required. Excellent customer service and inclusive training opportunities. Accessible management (open-door) policy and friendly co-worker atmosphere. Required intensive computer-based activities and did not lend itself to a lot of employee interaction. There were some fun theme-based activities – more... throughout the year. – less
Amazing job opportunity and great chances for advancement
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: work independently
Cons: very long hours
Very rewarding job and a great company to work for. requires very long days to start with to build up a strong book of business.
Two person office may not be the right model
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great basic training and opportunities to do more training, rewards for good work, lots of "team" building
Cons: very few opportunities for advancement, your dispensible, boa's can't travel with advisors on diversification trips
At first was a great place to work, you have to get a balanced relationship with the Advisor you work for. There's nothing that's going to save your butt if the advisor decides to dump you. Not even years of loyalty can save you.
Review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg Manitoba.June 6, 2012
Pros: good paying job
Cons: commission sales
Learned a lot from immediate supervisor.Hardest part of the job is constant prospecting i.e door to door during winter season.
Excellent support mechanism whilst training,support minimal thereafter
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great training and potential for development.
Cons: unrealistic sales targets and how to get there.
Very challenging times with market reception. Training was superb as was product availability. Sales targets were unrealistic during market downturn. Only two members of our initial class are still employed by the company.
Tough sales job, commission only
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), BCFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: potential to earn partnership
Cons: commission only pay can be inconsistant
If you are an excellent sales person with a good work ethic and a high tolerance for rejection, if you have the ability to weather ups and downs with a commission only income and can maintain your cool in a high stress environment working 12 hours a day, six days a week, then this is the job for you.
Productive in a professional manner
Specialist-Net New Assets (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
My daily role may not be displayed for public eye due to sensitive material.
Cold calling and prospecting
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Maricopa, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: work and life balance
Cons: prospecting
To much work for not enough pay. Felt like you were always being strung along to the next level, but there never really was one.
Good job for independent skills and client contact
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: bonuses based on performance and client contact
Cons: one on one working relationship with a single adviser.
A typical day would involve some face to face client contact, phone work answering client questions, vendors, appointments and check in calls. Preparing requested reports for client appointments in the office. I would process all mail, deposits and insurance/annuity applications and their follow up. Possible marketing items such as advertising, compliance – more... reviews, training in the branch. The best part of my day was helping our clients and getting to know them. The hardest part was making clients feel comfortable during market down turns. A negative to my position was the lack of mobility once a Senior status was made, usually within 3-4 years. And that you are only working for one financial advisor. It requires a teamwork approach. I would prefer to work for more than one person, possibly a team, who appreciate the efforts of each and are compensated fairly for their contributions. – less
Amazing company to work for!
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Cortland, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great work environment, always room to move up and grow.
Cons: you are in an office all day.
Always busy, our particular branch is a level 10 branch and always busy with something to do, opening new accounts, updating current ones and staying in constant contact with all of our current clients. I am lucky enough to love my boss and the other Branch Office Assistances, the hardest part of the day is organizing and prioritizing what should be – more... done first when there is an over whelming amount to do in a day, because all of the clients are equally as important to us. The best part of the day is the interaction and community that goes on through out the day. – less
Great Place to Work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2014
Edward Jones has a great work life balance and there are so many opportunities to advance your career.
Great Company
Operations Specialist II -ACAT RECEIVES (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2014
Great company to work for. People are amazing and are always helpful. As long as you put in the work and know what you want to do, possibilities are endless.
Great Company
FINANCE SERVICE SPECIALIST I & II (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2014
Great Company to work for. They care about the input of their employees.
Edward Jones has an extensive support system in place.
OnCall Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Warwick, NYAugust 14, 2014
During a typical work day I would encounter phone calls from clients with questions about their investment accounts. I would open new accounts for clients, follow up on needed paperwork. I spent time calling clients to invite them to marketing events. Assisted in sending out mailings for upcoming events. Made calls that pertained to setting up events. – more... Completed scanning documents into the system. I worked closely with the Financial Advisor and with clients along with representatives from other companies. – less
difficult
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Davis, CAAugust 13, 2014
it can be a great job if you've got time to do it. it is challenging but the culture is good
What I learned
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: rewards hard work
Cons: management
Edward Jones encourages you to take charge of your financial future by educating you and allowing you to help others with their finances. You will gain hands on experience in finances which will help you in managing your finances.
Undesireable
Branch Office Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 12, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: management
I hope not all offices within Edward Jones are typical of the branch I worked in. From the moment the day began until leaving at 5 pm every word, every movement was scrutinized. I was chastised for not closing the door to the supply room at night, berated if I didn't answer a question on the phone using the same wording the financial advisor would have – more... used.
The fact that the clients really liked me made the FA uncomfortable and jealous. She threw away my Christmas cards while I was on vacation - she didn't receive from the same clients and their comments were very positive.
My blood pressure went down 30 points when I left.

The clients were awesome, the management was harassing, what Work Force Development called a Toxic Work Environment. – less
No advancement
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2014
The work was good and clients but worked in solitude and no room for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos