As a Technical Sales rep you will be providing product expertise for our clients Educational Solutions, selling their range of products and services, and growing our Science and Engineering market throughout Ontario/ Quebec. Your primary responsibility is to deliver results by targeting and closing warm leads while generating net new sales opportunities.
Our client is a highly supportive company, providing deep technical support for their sales team from in-house resources and our partners, the laboratory equipment manufacturers. You will be selling technical products to technical people. You will provide guidance to these clients in selecting and purchasing the correct lab equipment.
Our client is a young and dynamic company with rapidly expanding science and technology product offerings, an existing prestigious customer base and reference accounts. They have well established product lines in an essentially recession-proof industry.
- Primary responsibility is to prospect, develop and maintain sales opportunities across a given territory in Ontario and Quebec.
- Manage product sales and service delivery to ensure consistency of high quality customer service.
- Expand customer base in your territory
- Provide account management for clients to resolve product issues. You will be actively involved in resolving and correcting any escalated customer issues.
- Ensure client complaints are solved quickly & ensure optimal client satisfaction and trust.
- Attend and participate in trade shows and work with existing and potential clients to expand the promotion of products.
- Create opportunities by making customers aware of the latest trends in technology and providing tailored needs assessments
- Achieve annual sales growth targets
Do you have this?
- Bilingualism (French) is a highly preferred (but not a show-stopper) as it will broaden the sales opportunities
- 2-3 years B2B experience, ideally B2G experience selling into post-secondary educational institutions
- A University degree or College diploma in the Engineering/Science or Business field is ideal
- Resourceful researcher to prospect accounts, prior to first-contact. We don’t make stone-cold calls. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building abilities
- Effective communicator: Solid oral, written, and presentation skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- CRM experience
- MS Office experience
- Results driven, self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize.
- 2-3 day-trips/week travel to visit qualified prospects. Occasional longer trips as appropriate/needed.
The ideal candidate is a determined individual who is well spoken, excellent communicator, fast learner, lots of energy and passion for the job. S/he will be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision. S/he must be well organized, resourceful, accept and maintain ownership over action items. We look for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who truly fit our culture. If you think you can engage customers, be innovative, have fun, and be a team player we want to hear from you.
$50K base salary plus an uncapped graduated commission structure based on incremental sales. Monthly car mileage.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a sales opportunity to demonstrate your sales and market development skills, then we want to hear from you. Click Apply via this ad, or please submit your resume to RickATSearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Technical Sales jobref #7562
Who we are
Our Educational Solutions client is a fast-growing startup headquartered in Oakville. Since launching in 2008, they are already a recognized leader, value-add distributor and partner for the world’s leading manufacturers of undergraduate laboratory equipment.
Their focus is on Canadian Colleges and Universities as well as K-12. Their strategy is to provide innovative solutions, along with the best-in-class science and technology apparatus for STEM. This is an extremely busy and exciting time for them as they launch several new product lines.
Much is being asked of teachers who are constantly challenged with finding new ways to increase curiousity and enhance critical thinking while fulfilling curricular outcomes and ensuring student competencies. Our clients role is to offer educators resources and training support to help them excel and to help students learn.
Quite simply, their goal is to become the best value company focusing on science and technology education.
Our Social Conscious
They are a proud supporter of KIVA, a not-for-profit organization with a mission to connect people through micro-lending to alleviate poverty by creating opportunities for themselves and others. In addition to KIVA.ORG they support a number of other student focused not-for-profit activities both inside and outside of Canada.
They value the strong relationship they’ve forged with their clients and will not waiver on their commitment to provide an exceptional level of knowledge and service. The best testaments to their unparalleled professional service come from their valued and respected clients…
“I have appreciated the guidance in purchasing the correct equipment for our needs…” - Centre for Academic Learning, SAIT, Calgary, AB
“I have dealt with many vendors over the years, but never received such personalized and professional services as I did…” - Lakeland College, Vermilion, AB