Edmonton Public Schools Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Fun, flexible, challenging, but the culture could be improved
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2016
The main negative is that some schools do not respect substitutes and treat them poorly. As long as you can overlook this, subbing for EPSB is a very desirable job.
Pros
Fun, flexible, challenging
Cons
culture could be improved
This was an adult education facility and was a professional atmosphere
Clerk D (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2015
At Metro Continuing education I learnt how to deal with people from all walks of life. This college was primarily used for the ESL programs and general interest courses. It was also for adult students wanted to upgrade their skills.

My coworkers were wonderful people, I worked with approximately 20 diverse women. The hardest part of my job was to keep ahead of the work required, I was responsible for preparing most of the course material for upcoming classes so it was imperative to be organized.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I found it rewarding and challenging, It was a fantastic job. I left this job as I moved to BC for family reasons.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
I dont think I can say anything negative about this position
Very productive job and everyday is a different day
Clerk F - Vimy Ridge Academy (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
I love working for Edmonton Public for the past 20 years. Everyday is a new and exciting day never know what to expect. My experience there has given me the computer skills that I can use in every job situation. The staff are all super nice. The hardest part of my job is that I get several interruptions during the day but the job gets done and I can go home satisfied that I tried my hardest to complete my jobs to do list.
Pros
Watching the students grow up and become adults
Cons
I do above and beyond my share of work.
Mail Clerk/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaNovember 6, 2014
I work independently running the mailroom and loading dock sorting incoming interoffice mail from over 200 locations in the city. I process all incoming and outgoing postal mail. Make deliveries to 30+ departments in a 4 story building. I accept, log in and distribute various items ranging from envelopes to dangerous goods.I also lift heavy boxes and such on daily basis.

I enjoy this position as I can freely move about the building interacting with co-workers. It also allows me to lend a helping hand to others when needed.

Although the job is generally repetitive in nature, the workload itself can vary day to day and same goes with the difficulty depending on the nature of the deliveries.

At times work policies and procedures change, so must my work habits and I am quick to adapt to all changes.

I am allowed to make decisions regarding critical deliveries and finding solutions to various problems that arise.

The most difficult aspect of my job is not being able to complete my work as I am required to do 2 other positions along with my own. At times this can become very stressful.
Pros
heated underground parking, treats, donuts, etc from different depts.
Cons
finishing or doing other peoples work in order to complete my own.
it was great to be with the kids
Lunch room supervisor (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 27, 2014
I loved being with the kids and the kids love me, I get rewarded with lots of hugs from all different kids every day.
Variable and interesting working conditions !
Lunch Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2013
I very much enjoyed my time with Edmonton Public Schools.Working with the children was very rewarding.The Support Staff were wonderful, and the Teaching and Administrative Staff were great, too.
Pros
the priveledge if working with children.
Cons
standing outside in the winter in minus 25 !
Great Workplace
Painter / Various Capacities (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 30, 2012
The best years of my life were with EPS. I want to paint seasonal, if possible. KO
Pros
environment is great!