Edmonton Public Schools

Edmonton Public Schools Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I do above and beyond my share of work.
Mail Clerk/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaNovember 6, 2014
Pros: heated underground parking, treats, donuts, etc from different depts.
Cons: finishing or doing other peoples work in order to complete my own.
I work independently running the mailroom and loading dock sorting incoming interoffice mail from over 200 locations in the city. I process all incoming and outgoing postal mail. Make deliveries to 30+ departments in a 4 story building. I accept, log in and distribute various items ranging from envelopes to dangerous goods.I also lift heavy boxes and such on daily basis.

I enjoy this position as I can freely move about the building interacting with co-workers. It also allows me to lend a helping hand to others when needed.

Although the job is generally repetitive in nature, the workload itself can vary day to day and same goes with the difficulty depending on the nature of the deliveries.

At times work policies and procedures change, so must my work habits and I am quick to adapt to all changes.

I am allowed to make decisions regarding critical deliveries and finding solutions to various problems that arise.

The most difficult aspect of my job is not being able to complete my work as I am required to do 2 other positions along with my own. At times this can become very stressful.
it was great to be with the kids
Lunch room supervisor (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 27, 2014
I loved being with the kids and the kids love me, I get rewarded with lots of hugs from all different kids every day.
Variable and interesting working conditions !
Lunch Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2013
Pros: the priveledge if working with children.
Cons: standing outside in the winter in minus 25 !
I very much enjoyed my time with Edmonton Public Schools.Working with the children was very rewarding.The Support Staff were wonderful, and the Teaching and Administrative Staff were great, too.
Great Workplace
Painter / Various Capacities (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 30, 2012
Pros: environment is great!
The best years of my life were with EPS. I want to paint seasonal, if possible. KO