Sales Manager, Local Retail Advertising
Full Time, Regular
Competition Number 13-012
The Edmonton Journal Advertising Department has an immediate opening for the position of Advertising Sales Manager. Reporting to the Director of Advertising Sales, the Advertising Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of local sales representatives. This individual will oversee advertising sales initiatives to maximize revenue for all Edmonton Journal products.
- Relevant post-secondary education with emphasis on business and marketing.
- Minimum 5 years sales management experience, preferably in an advertising environment.
- Experience in Digital Sales and a solid understanding of the digital environment.
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue budget
- Active leadership skills in coaching and training sales staff, to improve performance.
- Expertise in consultative selling and proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent strategic planning skills and experience in developing proposals for a broad range of clients.
- Ability to utilize superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills in a team setting.
- Good understanding of using statistical data to analyze business performance and opportunities.
- Effective decision making and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work as a key member of a management group and the ability to take a team oriented approach to achieving overall department objectives.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to developing and implementing sales strategies for the advertising sales department.
- Have the ability to create a positive working culture that promotes success.
- Can lead a sales force focused on audience based selling through creativity and innovation.
- Will lead and develop a variety of new revenue generating projects.
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to sales representatives on an ongoing basis.
- Have the ability to maximize the overall potential of a sales force.
- Ensure that the sales unit achieves overall performance objectives and budgets.
- Have the ability to build networks and maintain ongoing relationships with key advertisers and agencies.
- Have strong presentation skills that can captivate an audience.
Closing Date: November 7, 2013
Applicants who meet the job requirements of this position are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter indicating the above mentioned competition number to:
10006 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0S1
The Edmonton Journal will contact only those applicants required for an interview. Applicants not contacted are thanked for their interest.