The Edmonton Humane Society (EHS) is a non-profit charitable organization for the prevention of cruelty to animals. We are currently accepting applications for a Custodian to work in our Maintenance Department. This position will report to the Facilities Manager and assume to the following duties:
- Sweep and mop floors, clean windows and dust all areas within the building.
- Remove and dispose of all garbage.
- Restock all areas with the required supplies.
- Collect and sort all donations.
- Maintain and organize the storage and rescue areas.
- Prepare and maintain the supply of disinfectant.
- Provide support to the maintenance staff as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Relevant maintenance experience would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be bondable
- A current tetanus vaccination is recommended
- Concern with the treatment of animals
Conditions of Work:
This work is subject to varying posts or assignments .This position is exposed to animals or odors emanating from animals, exposure to potentially violent, unruly and sick, diseased and parasitic infested animals and infectious fluids and materials.
Wage: Starting wage of $12.00 per hour. Potential to increase to $12.50 after 3 months
Hours: Thursday through Monday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Please email your resume to:
Human Resources Consultant
This job posting will remain open until a suitable applicant is selected.
The Edmonton Humane Society appreciates and considers all resumes but will only be contacting those applicants that have been selected for an interview.