Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Date posted: January 4, 2013
Position Start Date: February 2013
Department: Radiology, Diagnostic Imaging
Hours of Work: 8 hours per day
Days per week: Wednesdays and Saturdays
Salary / Benefits: 31.63 per hour to a maximum of 35.00 per hour starting plus benefits
This position is responsible for providing and performing the highest quality service possible to the clients of the MRI clinic and concurrently the X-Ray clinic located at a South Side medical clinic. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, this position is responsible for working all shits as assigned. This position performs X-ray examinations, up to and including preparing the patient and positioning of the patient. Further, this position needs to ensure that the diagnostic machines are working properly and that the controls are set at the right levels to ensure adequate pictures. As well, this position will perform MRI’s. The RT will be responsible for weekly performance reporting to interested parties for both X-Ray and MRI. This position may require attendance and participation in or consultation of seminars, training sessions or marketing initiatives.
- Certified by the Alberta Association of Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologists. (ACCLXT)
- Certified by the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT).
- Must be a member in good standing and current registration/eligible for registration with ACCLXT.
- A graduate of a training program recognized by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists and Therapists of Alberta or equivalent.
- Must maintain certification in CPR and WHMIS, current basic Rescuer Level C-CP
- Proven ability to work within a computer based environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with patients/clients, families, staff, interdisciplinary team members and personnel from other departments in a face pace changing environment.
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Good organizational skills and ability to assume responsibility.