Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Report to: President of EFDB
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
The Edmonton Fellowship of the Deaf Blind (EFDB) is seeking an individual with non-profit organization experience to write grant applications and provide support services for members, staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors. This position is open to qualified individuals from outside of Deaf and/or Deaf-Blind Communities.
- Research and apply for eligible funding grants on behalf of EFDB.
- Prepare and file documentation for various audits, tax returns, insurance, gaming and other license renewals, and other matters relating to the daily operations of EFDB. Prepare correspondence and act as a liaison with all related agencies and other organizations within EFDB’s network.
- Manage appointment calendars, coordinate meetings and space; respond to inquiries and refer inquiries of interest to the Board of Directors. Prepare and distribute meeting materials, correspondence, documents, announcements, etc. to EFDB members in their preferred methods of communication.
- Coordinate intervener services/assignments for Deaf Blind members of EFDB and maintain a ledger for intervener services and hours. Supervise and coordinate all aspects of Intervention Services relating to Deaf Blind members and interveners, and report on all matters of interest to the EFDB President. Communicate with individuals according to their preferred methods.
- Coordinate and attend meetings between third parties and EFDB members and the Board of Directors to advocate and spread awareness for EFDB. Act as a lobbyist to advocate for EFDB.
- Monitor and report progress on a variety of issues to the EFDB President for discussion and resolution.
- Develop and maintain administration and reporting processes for the organization, including filing of all correspondence and legal documentation. Maintain current contact information for external charitable organizations and agencies. Keep accurate and complete records for all donations and cash receipts of the EFDB, for Canada Revenue Agency reporting purposes.
- Active involvement in the planning and organizing of fundraising events, with expected participation at events throughout year.
- One-year post-secondary certificate in Office Administration combined with three years office experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office is essential
- American Sign Language skills are preferred or be open to learn
- Knowledge basic of Deaf and Deaf Blind Culture or be open to learn
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and time management skills, customer service skills, problem solving skills as well as the ability to deal with a variety of issues in a sensitive and a confidential manner
- Knowledge of grant processes within government and charitable organization
This is a full-time one-year contract with 35-hour work week. Applicants must be willing work evenings and weekends at events in exchange for weekday lieu time.
Current salary range is $37,608 - $47,395 per annum.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. A combination of education and work experience may be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please quote the job title and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Merico Tesolin, President
Edmonton Fellowship of the Deaf Blind
In person applications are not being accepted.