Edmonton Catholic Schools Employee Reviews

Its a good place to worki
Educatuonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
It is really an awesome place to work. The staffs are friendly, accommodating ,understanding and Co operating. We work as a team and we always stay on focused. We have great passion for the kids,mostly those that need special attention.We always take the kids out for field trip and the kids always have fun .The Edmonton Catholic Schools is well organize in a way that you will always see it as a family. Every body is treated well no matter your race or colour. Teachers in Edmonton Catholic school's are well train and they are always ready to work. You hardly know the Principal because he or she will humble to render some services you never expected. Indeed this is a place to learn humility, service and team work. We carry the parent alone, we also make sure wee attend to them at any time they need our services.
Pros
I like the fact that children are being thought good moral
Cons
Sport compitition is jet to be introduced
Great place to work that provides various opportunities for growth.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
If you love working with children this is a great place to work. You are given alot of experiences for growth, no day is the same which is great if you hate doing the same thing over and over again.
A exciting anf varied work place in an atmosphere including a vast array of cultural and ethnic individuals.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2016
Working at Edmonton Catholic Schools has been a huge learning experience for me. It has allowed me to grow as a person, teacher, coach, mentor and administrator. The enviornment is warm, and collegial while keeping the needs of the students in the forefront.
Wonderful position
100 Voices Teacher & Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2016
I love my job and I enjoy the variety and spending time with the great students. I have learned great classroom management skills as well as being diverse in my teaching since I teach students Pre-K to Grade 6 on a daily basis.
Supportive and community like atmosphere
Early Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2015
Edmonton Catholic schools provide a very supportive, well rounded system for their employees. I feel comfortable to approach anyone within the school system and seek proper assistance.
Challenging and Rewarding
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2015
I worked with a dynamic, dedicated staff of the highest calibre. Really! Consistently, teachers cared about the students, their progress, and their future. They were a great bunch of people - fun, caring, helpful to the students and to each other. Of course, there were 'politics' but such is life in any profession. No two days were ever the same! Teaching, however, is demanding more than the public will ever see. Long hours are spent in preparing lessons and marking, extracurricular activities, committee work, department meetings, staff meetings, district meetings, professional development and parent meetings so often the job work/life balance may be skewed in favour of work to the detriment of family. It's a challenge to keep the balance. Overall, if you like teaching/counseling and I did enjoy it, it was a good place to work.
Pros
Great staff and students
Cons
Long hours of work
social and dynamic place to wok
Sub Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2015
8:30 my day officially starts as the children come into the class room. I chat with a teacher about what will be happening throughout the morning. Then we have lessons. I usually support the lower ability children on the carpet and at their table. During the day I have a supervision outside. At 12:00 o'clock I have lunch in the afternoon. I assist kids whichever table/activity the teacher request. It is a lot less structured, as the children mainly free flow in the afternoons, so it's a case of going with the flow and doing what i am told!
Pros
lots of positive emotions especially from kids
Cons
winter time out side
Enriching
Replacement Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 June 2014
Working with children.
Challenging children to better themselves.
Learning Daily not one day is ever the same.
Pros
Working in a social environment.
Cons
Never a dull moment.
Great atmosphere and wonderful people to work with
Special Needs Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta1 August 2013
I work with a boy in grade 5 who has DownsSyndrom, ODD and severe violent behaviours.
I prepare his lessons when he's looking at books then we go over them together in class and outside of class.
The teacher and I make a great team and work together to solve problems and find solutions. Managment is very supportive.
The hardest part is finding different ways for my student to be interested and want to do his work, but its very challenging and rewarding in the end. Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the student progress academically as well as emotionally and getting a hug at the end of a rough day.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little hours and low pay
Catholic School Board Accounting Dept.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2012
Managed accounts payable reconciliation

Promptly entered data input of client invoicing in an accurate matter

Maintained document control

Co- workers were helpful and dedicated

Met alot of people that work together to make the Edmonton Catholic schools operate successfully.
Pros
working in a environment that is about education for kids
Cons
temporary job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edmonton Catholic Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5