Edmonton Catholic Schools Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Challenging and Rewarding
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2015
I worked with a dynamic, dedicated staff of the highest calibre. Really! Consistently, teachers cared about the students, their progress, and their future. They were a great bunch of people - fun, caring, helpful to the students and to each other. Of course, there were 'politics' but such is life in any profession. No two days were ever the same! Teaching, however, is demanding more than the public will ever see. Long hours are spent in preparing lessons and marking, extracurricular activities, committee work, department meetings, staff meetings, district meetings, professional development and parent meetings so often the job work/life balance may be skewed in favour of work to the detriment of family. It's a challenge to keep the balance. Overall, if you like teaching/counseling and I did enjoy it, it was a good place to work.
Pros
Great staff and students
Cons
Long hours of work
social and dynamic place to wok
Sub Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2015
8:30 my day officially starts as the children come into the class room. I chat with a teacher about what will be happening throughout the morning. Then we have lessons. I usually support the lower ability children on the carpet and at their table. During the day I have a supervision outside. At 12:00 o'clock I have lunch in the afternoon. I assist kids whichever table/activity the teacher request. It is a lot less structured, as the children mainly free flow in the afternoons, so it's a case of going with the flow and doing what i am told!
Pros
lots of positive emotions especially from kids
Cons
winter time out side
Supportive and community like atmosphere
Early Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
Edmonton Catholic schools provide a very supportive, well rounded system for their employees. I feel comfortable to approach anyone within the school system and seek proper assistance.
Great atmosphere and wonderful people to work with
Special Needs Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 1, 2013
I work with a boy in grade 5 who has DownsSyndrom, ODD and severe violent behaviours.
I prepare his lessons when he's looking at books then we go over them together in class and outside of class.
The teacher and I make a great team and work together to solve problems and find solutions. Managment is very supportive.
The hardest part is finding different ways for my student to be interested and want to do his work, but its very challenging and rewarding in the end. Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the student progress academically as well as emotionally and getting a hug at the end of a rough day.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little hours and low pay
Catholic School Board Accounting Dept.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2012
Managed accounts payable reconciliation

Promptly entered data input of client invoicing in an accurate matter

Maintained document control

Co- workers were helpful and dedicated

Met alot of people that work together to make the Edmonton Catholic schools operate successfully.
Pros
working in a environment that is about education for kids
Cons
temporary job
Enriching
Replacement Teacher (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 10, 2014
Working with children.
Challenging children to better themselves.
Learning Daily not one day is ever the same.
Pros
working in a social environment.
Cons
never a dull moment.

Edmonton Catholic Schools Reviews by Location