Our Victoria-based e-commerce & graphic arts company is looking for a dynamic individual to fill a one-year maternity leave position beginning in December. Starting rate of pay is $14 - $15/hr with an increase after 3 months based on performance and attendance.
Duties include a wide range of general e-commerce functions, professional business communications including participating in social media strategy, occasional support to graphics design team and some delivery/pickups. Your week would mostly be in the office but occasional duties would include picking up from suppliers and brokering with Canada Customs or taking part and promoting geocaching.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage clients with a stellar social media presence.
- Maintain inventory of online stores and auction sites.
- Order, receive, process and file incoming product shipments.
- Pick up and deliver to/from local commercial customers and suppliers.
- Use Canada Post online shipping tools.
- Create and modify product listings through magento.
- Write blog posts through Wordpress and e-newsletters using MailChimp.
- Data entry for bookkeeping using Sage50.
- Event planning as needed.
- Assist with video creation for promotion and education. Hiking and GPS use is required.
- Marketing experience and a passion to sell a brand.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Fluent in many of these online platforms: Facebook Pages, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest, WordPress, YouTube, MailChimp and Magento.
- Strong sense of customer service and telephone protocol.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills with meticulous spelling and grammar.
- Almost obsessive organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and bookkeeping.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn to use a handheld GPS for geocaching.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Use of personal vehicle with reimbursement
Education: Great if its related, but not as important as your ability to ‘get the job done’!
It would be nice if you could:
- Assist with researching and writing interpretive natural history and historical text
- Source photographs and images for use on interpretive signs
The large bright office is in a non-smoking executive home with a cat and dog. We are willing to train the right candidate on the more specialized duties, for example customs brokering or using a handheld GPS for geocaching.
Please email your resume and expected rate of pay. We will respond to suitable applicants within 1 week and the position is open until filled.