Edible Canada is a multi-faceted company at the forefront of culinary tourism, which includes a retail store, tours of Granville Island and Chinatown, Gourmet Kayaking trips. Edible Canada at the Market is a full service bistro, focusing on new Canadian cuisine. Our service style is unpretentious, welcoming, casual and fun - we are striving to offer one of the best dining experiences in the city by celebrating the best food, wine, beer and spirits from across Canada. Our open kitchen, 150 seat bistro features a private dining space, expansive patio and take out window for tasty bites. We are open daily for lunch and dinner, plus weekend brunch.
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to assist the Restaurant Manager in providing the highest level of service in the bistro in order to meet and exceed our guest expectations.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will…
- Work closely with the Restaurant Manager and Chef de Cuisine
- Assume the role of the Restaurant Manager in their absence, including orchestrating service within the specified standards and guidelines as indicated by the Restaurant Manager.
- Be a subject-matter-expert in regards to each FOH position, being able to ‘assume’ any role at any time.
- Be responsible to process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, complete monthly liquor inventory count, input FOH invoices into the specified software, complete weekly bar orders, program scheduled changes in the POS system, and assist with the creation of new ad hoc systems improvement documents.
- Have a strong attention to detail, keen leadership ability, and a passion for food and wine are essential characteristics to this role.
- 5+ years’ experience in a casual fine dining restaurant
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role in a formal restaurant; experience in a fine-dining restaurant a bonus.
- WSET Level 2 or ISG Level 2 certification, or higher
- Experience using Micros POS system
- Experience using Open Table Reservation System
- Experience using Microsoft NAV or equivalent a strong asset
- Proficient user of Apple hardware and software
- Hospitality diploma or college equivalent an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous knowledge of Granville Island an asset
As a member of one of Canada’s most respected culinary ambassadors you can expect you can expect competitive compensation, 5 day work weeks, medical, education assistance and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Edible Canada, but only qualified candidates will be contacted, please no phone calls.
Note candidates must be Canadian Citizens or have Permanent Residence to be considered for this position
APPLY ONLINE TODAY @ http://ediblecanadajobs.com/jobs/1132873-assistant-restaurant-manager-vancouver