EDGEWATER HOTEL Employee Reviews

Excellent place for students to work, not very reliable living off tips.
Back-wait (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI4 October 2016
Working at the Admiralty Dining Room wasn't too much of a stressful job. Everyone I worked with was pretty nice, the customers were nice as well and always seemed satisfied.
Pros
Good money on days with a lot of customers.
Cons
Slow, boring days with little to do.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA20 September 2016
There isn't any structure and support from the management team.
I've voiced my concern to the management team, still no help, Then I've brought it up to the HR team and still haven't had any help.

The position that I held here had a huge turnover due to no help and structure.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Had to pay for parking
Great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI8 June 2016
Working with the Bellamys was a one of a kind experience. If I had the opportunity I would return. Especially considering it being my first job as a teen. I hope to continue working in the health care field in the future.
Do literally anything else.
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI8 January 2016
Honestly and truly, the most disorganized, heinous employer I have ever worked for. My schedule for Wednesday comes out on Tuesday night. There is no opportunity for advancement. The scheduling is inflexible, the management is laughably hapless. I was told from my manager once my department was getting a raise, the week it was supposed to take effect I received an email saying this was false, and that it was not in the budget.Then, two weeks after, the company spent 10k on a fiberglass cow which sits in our lobby.
Pros
Pays more than other hotels
Cons
Literally everything else is awful.
Great staff, Upper Management needs new implementation and leadership
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI18 November 2015
Hotel is going through owner change. Many new changes moving forward as well as cleaning up old practices. New managers are being brought in from outside companies as well as consultants.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Limited hours, no growth potential
great place to work, great coworkers
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN21 April 2015
love working here, all my coworkers are awesome, the management is great, even the GM is a great guy! i've worked here over a year now and have very few complaints.
Pros
good staff, good management
Cons
average wages, disorganized
Great job. Polished my sales and communication skills.
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Seattle WA12 November 2014
Work is fun and satisfying. I am responsible for ensuring an outstanding guest experience from start to finish. After connecting with my guests I describe and sell food and beverages, including wine. During their dining experience, I maintain table cleanliness and drink levels building a relationship with my guests. The objective is to have my guests ask for me by name the next time they return. Several of my guests are repeat customers returning to celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries and retirement parties with me. I have leaned a great del about sales, customer service communication and multitasking. Management is calm and presents a professional work environment. My team is experienced and polished and always ready to lend a hand to each other.
Pros
Medical benefits are outstanding.
Cons
Schedule. I have no more room for professional growth. Managers make less than the servers do.
great place to work
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Devonport, Tasmania1 April 2014
it was a great place to work and the people i worked with were great.
It was ok
Floor Captain (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN21 November 2013
I was a housekeeper and it was one of the hardest jobs I had and paid very little.
The Edgewater was a great place to work for 16 years.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI7 September 2012
Privately owned hotel. Good pay, but not many befefits. Perks are pretty good. I, like most people loved my job, but there were also a lot of high stress days. The old part of the hotel was built in the 1940's, so there are many challenges to running an old building. I've worked with some extraordinary people over the years, and have had and developed some great maintenance people.
Pros
best lake view in madison. free meals for management, and great friend and family room rates.
Cons
alot of old equipment, and an old building to maintain in general. being on call 24/7 7 days a week.
Review
Bar/Gaming (Former Employee) –  East Devonport Tasmania 73107 August 2012
I loved working at the Edgewater as it is a friendly, warm, place to work the co-workers were great to get along with the hardest part about the job was learning about all the different things their to do. The most enjoyable was interacting with the regular customers and knowing their needs and helping them out and having a conversation with them as well
Pros
the customers and work mates
Cons
nothing really
Productive and Well maintained
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TN14 May 2012
Edgewater is a busy place but a great place to work. The managemant is very professional and is well organized. Working at a hotel you learn you can't always make people happy no matter how hard you try. The hardest part of the job is when your short handed and you have to work long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is they make you feel appreciated. The co-workers makes your day's go faster by making into a fun place to work.
Pros
free lunch