Edgewater Casino Employee Reviews

Summary of Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Working at the casino is the same everyday. Keep good relationship with both customers and the coworker. Work most of the jobs; such as cashier, running food, cleaning, stock up, and sometimes have to do everything by one person when the other coworker call in sick.
Learn how to deal with difficult customers. Everything must be professional.

Hardest about the job is when there is only one person working on the floor with no one to help. Which will be the person will do all the cleaning, cashier, running food, and stocking up.

Most enjoyable working there will be working will great, awesome co-workers.
Working with public
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Helping people satisfy me.
Easy get a long with people.
Respect my co worker and help them when they need.
See smile on people faces.
Edgewater is a Casino
Croupier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 5, 2016
They are there for the customer more then the employees, but the benefits are good. They give a 20% employee discount in the bistro.. but every there is over priced so much it doesnt make much of a difference,it seems they also tend to skimp out or give less appetizing portions to the employees.
Pros
15 min break every hour
Cons
only 15 min breaks
its ok
Waiter/Porter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 31, 2016
good people. pay to low and staff under appreciated. big turn over rate. costumers are rude. food is not really "food safe" all the time.
Pros
dental
Cons
understaffed, management kept changing ever 3 months
Entertaining work place but requires excellent customer service.
PIT CLERK/GSR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 13, 2015
Working at Edgewater casino trained me well in quality customer service by adopting company roles in regulations I also develop my skills and Working as a good team player. It gave me chance serving and Meeting multi cultural customers.
Pros
I've learned the most excellent way of serving customers.
Cons
Graveyard shift is not really good for me in a long term
Fun workplace
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2015
Working at Edgewater Casino made me improve my skills especially in the Customer Service field.Customer Service has been the priority of the company .
Great Boutique Place to work
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 22, 2015
Great workplace, open to ideas and innovations, professional environment, helps developing and training associates, amazing kitchen and Food and Beverage staff, Everyday is a challenge here especially being a Casino and catering to various dynamics and satisfying every customer. Food and Beverage being an amenity in the Casino it becomes a fun place to execute different food items for regular customers to have them engaged at all times without being bored and provide them multiple options.
Pros
Team
Cons
I enjoy my work but feel underappreciated at times
table games-dealer (Current Employee) –  vancouver, B.C. downtownJune 28, 2015
I enjoy my work with the public for over 25 years.
My present job, mainly dealing roulette every day, very busy
weekends, 10hr/ day. F/T.
for the most part my co-workers /supervisors are excellent,
but there are those few that are phony and not friendly and they make this job very hard.
there are a lot of cliques.
Pros
I enjoy working with public there and my co-workers.
Cons
promotion policy, cliques supervisor/dealer, speaking other language in pit to each other
Fun Environment
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 4, 2015
Busy workplace but friendly and a fun place to be. I work with amazing hardworking people who so far have impacted me in a positive way. I've so far made good friendships over the last year. The job is easy as long as requirements and policies are met.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
graveyard shift
Helping customers to go to their destination
shuttle bus driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 26, 2014
learn how to deal with customers
management organization good
good relationship with co-workers
driving long hours
having fun with customers
routine driving
Pros
reasonable salary
Cons
bad customers
Lack of managment skills
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCDecember 31, 2013
Edgewater casino doesnt appreciate the people who work for them i dont recommend working for them.
kitchen
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2013
poor kitchen management unorganized kitchen serves all frozen foods,,
Devoted workers that are a positive reinforcement to a great team
Marketing & Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2013
Assisting multiple departments is a type day at work. Providing Guest Services with gifts for customer signups and gift days and customer service surveys and distributing ballots for casino draws is a part of my day. Event prep, hosting or disassembling event equipment is also part of my day. Each day varies according to the casino event schedule.

Through working at Edgewater Casino I have gained a great deal of Marketing experience. Having started off as a Promotions Clerk and being promoted to Marketing & Event Assistant is very rewarding. The front-line Marketing team is super supportive and always willing to lend a hand.

The most enjoyable part of working at Edgewater is having co-workers that are personable, hardworking and supportive.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough resources to execute job tasks. As a Marketing team, we make due with the resources we have and always put forth our best efforts. My attitude is always positive because I work in a motivating and recognized workplace.
Pros
additional shifts offered in other departments
Cons
insufficient pay, inconsistent schedules
Excellent employer with proactive management!
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 11, 2013
The management at Edgewater Casino is truly progressive and the employees are fantastic!
Pros
great employees!
Cons
not working there anymore :(
A fast paced ever changing and competitive environment that presents the challenge of staying ahead of change.
Director of Slot Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2012
The nature of the industry compels one to use strategic thinking in order to remain competitive and to recognize trends that can be utilized to improve your performance.
Misled employees
1st cook. Team leader- graveyard shift (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 20, 2012
Potentially a great employer, but severe lack of guidance from managment for employee's who needed it including training which led to inconsistancy and terrible customer service .
Pros
union protection, good food, decent pay
Cons
poor kitchen managment
A very competitive work environment.
Gaming (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCApril 26, 2012
Like any large business you are going to have two factions. Those who want to have a productive and comfortable environment to work in and those who will smile and mimic company values but are only interested in them selves and there perception of how the casino should be run. Unfortunately, some of these people have found their way into middle management. ( a couple have squeezed there way into upper management.) Employees with more ethical and moral work values will start to get suppressed, bullied and minuscule (made to feel small). Of course these managers will tell you what a great job you are doing in front of top management, but forget about any support when the more morally responsible management is not around.
If you are not morally just and want to succeed at any cost, then you will be embraced by these type of managers and will help in pushing out anyone that is not as aggressive and\or competitive as you, regardless if they do a better job.
Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of great people working at Edgewater and a lot of great managers. Unfortunately there are those who will ruin it for every one because they have no ethical nor moral obligation nor aptitude.
Edgewater dose try to promote a very friendly and supportive environment for patrons playing in the casino. This is one of the high points of working at Edgewater, being able to interact with the customers. Customer service (circle of service) is number one priority at the casino.
If you decide to work for Edgewater casino be fore warned. Working at Edgewater can be a great experience. Just don’t let the
  more... few bad apples corrupt or influence you, Unless, of course you are a player and enjoy a aggressively competitive, play the game, work environment.
This review seems to be a bit negative but to be for warned is to be for armed.

Remember that this is the gaming industry. Most of the people that work in this industry are players in every aspect of the word. Just because someone smiles and is nice to you dose not mean that they have your best interest in mind. That is how the game is played.

I hope that this review has helped you decide in what direction you will proceed.
Pros
good customer service attitude., good company benefit plan., competitive pay.
Cons
a few morally questionable employees., low job security.