Edgewater Casino

Edgewater Casino Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lack of managment skills
Dealer (Former Employee), Vancouver BCDecember 31, 2013
Edgewater casino doesnt appreciate the people who work for them i dont recommend working for them.
kitchen
First Cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2013
poor kitchen management unorganized kitchen serves all frozen foods,,
Devoted workers that are a positive reinforcement to a great team
Marketing & Event Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2013
Pros: additional shifts offered in other departments
Cons: insufficient pay, inconsistent schedules
Assisting multiple departments is a type day at work. Providing Guest Services with gifts for customer signups and gift days and customer service surveys and distributing ballots for casino draws is a part of my day. Event prep, hosting or disassembling event equipment is also part of my day. Each day varies according to the casino event schedule.

Through – more... working at Edgewater Casino I have gained a great deal of Marketing experience. Having started off as a Promotions Clerk and being promoted to Marketing & Event Assistant is very rewarding. The front-line Marketing team is super supportive and always willing to lend a hand.

The most enjoyable part of working at Edgewater is having co-workers that are personable, hardworking and supportive.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough resources to execute job tasks. As a Marketing team, we make due with the resources we have and always put forth our best efforts. My attitude is always positive because I work in a motivating and recognized workplace. – less
Excellent employer with proactive management!
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 11, 2013
Pros: great employees!
Cons: not working there anymore :(
The management at Edgewater Casino is truly progressive and the employees are fantastic!
A fast paced ever changing and competitive environment that presents the challenge of staying ahead of change.
Director of Slot Operations (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2012
The nature of the industry compels one to use strategic thinking in order to remain competitive and to recognize trends that can be utilized to improve your performance.
Director of Slot Operations (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2012
Misled employees
1st cook. Team leader- graveyard shift (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: union protection, good food, decent pay
Cons: poor kitchen managment
Potentially a great employer, but severe lack of guidance from managment for employee's who needed it including training which led to inconsistancy and terrible customer service .
A very competitive work environment.
Gaming (Former Employee), Vancouver BCApril 26, 2012
Pros: good customer service attitude., good company benefit plan., competitive pay.
Cons: a few morally questionable employees., low job security.
Like any large business you are going to have two factions. Those who want to have a productive and comfortable environment to work in and those who will smile and mimic company values but are only interested in them selves and there perception of how the casino should be run. Unfortunately, some of these people have found their way into middle management. – more... ( a couple have squeezed there way into upper management.) Employees with more ethical and moral work values will start to get suppressed, bullied and minuscule (made to feel small). Of course these managers will tell you what a great job you are doing in front of top management, but forget about any support when the more morally responsible management is not around.
If you are not morally just and want to succeed at any cost, then you will be embraced by these type of managers and will help in pushing out anyone that is not as aggressive and\or competitive as you, regardless if they do a better job.
Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of great people working at Edgewater and a lot of great managers. Unfortunately there are those who will ruin it for every one because they have no ethical nor moral obligation nor aptitude.
Edgewater dose try to promote a very friendly and supportive environment for patrons playing in the casino. This is one of the high points of working at Edgewater, being able to interact with the customers. Customer service (circle of service) is number one priority at the casino.
If you decide to work for Edgewater casino be fore warned. Working at Edgewater can be a great experience. Just don’t let the few bad apples corrupt or influence you, Unless, of course you are a player and enjoy a aggressively competitive, play the game, work environment.
This review seems to be a bit negative but to be for warned is to be for armed.

Remember that this is the gaming industry. Most of the people that work in this industry are players in every aspect of the word. Just because someone smiles and is nice to you dose not mean that they have your best interest in mind. That is how the game is played.

I hope that this review has helped you decide in what direction you will proceed. – less
Casino
Security Guard (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 14, 2014
It was a far drive for me, bad pay. It was not too bad on the weekends, the large crowd of people kept me busy.
This place is bad as the Colorado Belle.
Games Dealer (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVMarch 1, 2014
Worked here for 6 years and was transferred because of conflict of interest and too much stress.
Fun
Slot Ambassador (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVJuly 24, 2013
I like It. Great customers sometimes. I liked how we got tips and money everyday.
fun work place with lots of people
busser/cashier (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVApril 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long breaks
Getting to work early getting the donut shop ready for elderly people ready for their coffee. i learned how to give good customer service how to work the register. i love working with my co-workers as a team . My hardest part of the job was when their was alot of costumers and trying to get their drinks all at once . The most enjoyable part of the day – more... was when they would tip me for good customer service . – less
fine working place with slot machine, blackjacks, roulette
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay no insurance
I got to work got a cash bank and checked in people I learned how to work more with computers my co workers were all great people I would say the hardest part of the job was to many codes for the computers I enjoyed all of the people I worked with and working with the public
Work life of Edgewater Casino
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVNovember 5, 2012
Pros: the management works hard to get what we needed to do the job right.
Cons: the healthcare is not good there to high and very little coverage.
As a employee we are required to push the work day threw top production of work performance. I learned a value lesson of work and fast pace. I was the one person that could push myself to do more incentive pay. Management was the best. My co-workers I enjoyed. The hardest part of my job was slowing down after pushing myself all day. The most enjoyable – more... memories was my co-workers and the teamwork we did together. – less
productive and exciting establishment to work..
Cocktail server/Bartender (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVOctober 17, 2012
A fun and exciting place to work. Learned alot not only cocktailing in a casino but about all departments..
Great place to work ,Always chance for advancement
Pit Manager (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great 401k benefits
Delt cards , counted fast and effiecent . talked and entertained guest . learned new games to improve ablities. dependable . management always incouraging . co-workers helpful.
Dangerous Place to Work
Part-Time Employee - No Benefits (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVJuly 3, 2012
Cons: all
I was continually harassed at this employer. Staff are very unproffessional. Security personnel fabricated "situations" to get me fired.

Overall a horrible experience. I wish I could erase it from my memorny.

Smoke-filled environment that you have no choice but to accept. High-school minded and prison minded clicks who uses their connections within – more... the organization to get rid of people.

Tons of back-stabbing, untrustworthy individuals here. But then again, it is a casino environment, attracting the bottom of the barrell in terms of personnel. They want them cheap and nasty, and get rid of anyone at the drop of a hat.

Nepotism is alive and well, along with other criminal activities. – less