Edelman

Edelman Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Culture and Leadership
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
A very young company with a great culture and work-life balance.
Smart talent, especially in Washington, DC office
Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Growing company, fast-paced, smart people. The pace is fast, work/life balance doesn't exist and senior most leadership not transparent. This company is not for everyone.
Largest global public relations firm
Executive Vice President - General Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Fast moving firm with exceptionally smart partners across the globe. Edelman is committed to forward thinking, research and shifting perceptions of the communications industry. Work/life balance can be difficult for some -- a bit like drinking from a firehose. It's a competitive atmosphere and culture -- inside and outside the walls.
Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 19, 2014
Only leaving this great place because I am relocating to Atlanta.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
I enter orders, order office supplies, send out samples of the products
Call client about order status. Set new accounts. Process credit card payment. Set up appointment for meeting with clients. I am the first person in the showroom and the last person out of the showroom every day.
Thriving, social and progressive PR firm
Vice President (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
Strong leadership and vision, young culture with heavy focus on participation, social media, ongoing learning.
One of the top public relations companies
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2013
Pros: supportive of new ideas
Cons: departmental communication could be improved
Highly recommended for experience when starting out in the PR industry.
If you like a big agency with a corporate feel, Edelman is it
Executive Assistant/Global Practice Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 11, 2013
Pros: great rooftop deck, benefits
Cons: office location was a bit inconvenient
I learned a great deal and was offered opportunities to grow and perform outside of my job description. The most enjoyable part of the job was my manager, but when he left the company, my job was eliminated.
Good work/life balance but management plays favoritism
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Edelman is a great career for people in the Public Relations industry. Unfortunately, I was in the finance field while I was working there. Management is TERRIBLE, they play favorites and only promote people that can hold a conversation about sports or whatever they are interested in. There is no room for growth since the people above you have been – more... at their position for eight to ten years (sad). – less
Wonderful Place to Intern
Corporate Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2013
Edelman is the number one PR agency in the world, and a great place to start. The environment is not only productive, but the team does a perfect job at delegating assignments that will help utilize skills that are necessary for any environment. I would not recommend it to anyone, you have to be a hard worker, and have the ability to meet deadlines.

Overall – more... I love it! – less
Wonderful place to learn
Account Supervisor, Corporate & Public Affairs (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
Talented team full of people who really love what they do. You learn a ton just by being around such bright people.
Edelman
International Affairs Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2013
The best PR agency I have worked for. Great hands-on opportunity to learn and grow. The agency has a great open-door policy and the employees are all top-of the line talent.
Quirky and efficient workplace
HR Intern/Administrator (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: long hours for some employees
A typical day at work:
Maintaining HR files and databases.
HR Audits for passport and visas.
Updating spreadsheets.
Executing exit interviews.

What I learned:
I learned how to conduct exit interviews unsupervised.
How to use PeopleSoft.
How to create a legal document.

Management:
Well managed by HR Business Partners who were always there to help if – more... needed.

My co-workers:
Friendly and polite.

The hardest part of the job:
Challenging to chase employees for passport and visas as people are busy and may forget.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Meeting new people.
Working in public relations which was new to me.
Learning new efficient ways of executing HR functions. – less
LOVED WORKING FOR EDELMAN!
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2012
BEST JOB EVER! There wasn't one thing I would change by working with Edelman.. Best place to work! Great people, managers, owners and staff were incredible!! Every team was unique in their own way and it made working there so easy. Great benefits. Would go back in a heart beat if I didn't move out of state.
Independent PR agency that cares about employees
Vice President, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2012
Pros: benefits, culture
Cons: no work/life balance
Solid management team that challenges its employees to do their best. Opportunities to work in other offices across the network and in other practice areas. A commitment to delivering solid client work.
Great place to work, just not for me
Employee (Former Employee), EdelmanOctober 18, 2012
Pros: lots of celebrations, flexibility, perks
Cons: not very team-oriented
It's a great place if you want agency experience. I thought that's what I wanted, but I was wrong.
Opportunity for advancement
Public relations account executive (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 13, 2012
Pros: work with multiple clients and various fields and disciplines
Cons: n/a
Great opportunity for advancement in the public relations and marketing professional industry.
Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 14, 2012
Pros: accomodating, fun fridays, parties and celebrates festivals
Cons: flexible process and practices are not there
Edelman is a growing firm that offers new and challenging opportunities. The challenging tasks assigned helps us to get out of our comfort zone and perform to our best that gives personal sense of achievement . Superiors cosult you in decision making and freedom to adopt own approach is present
excelente
medico reporter (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPMay 16, 2014
Conforto antes do trabalho, atencao, harmonizacao, alinhamento
Ambiente lavorativo formativo, giovane e stimolante
Web Consultant (Current Employee), Milano, LOMJuly 28, 2013
Pros: persone
Cons: tempo
Edelman è un'ottima azienda di comunicazione formata da persone appassionate e competenti. Come consulente ho sempre trovato interlocutori attenti e affabili. Il troppo lavoro, a volte, richiede di trascurare alcuni progetti.

About Edelman

If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does – Read more