Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Even worse than a regular minimum wage job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 June 2017
I was lucky to get two shifts a week and they would never be longer than 3 hours each; thats what happens when you have as many managers as part time workers. Not only that but the store manager was quite rude.
Straight forward retail
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Eddie Bauer is a straight forward no nonsense retail shop that has an interesting backstory and a easy to understand goals. As long as you keep your head down and do the job everything will work.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management is hard to work with
Very friendly staff and customers
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
A typical day at work would start off with me checking emails, looking at the sales of the day before, looking at each guides performance and making out the schedule and each persons goals and responsibilities.

Uphold our standards, restock the sales floor, replenish, receive stock. Most importantly, serve customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Overall, great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2017
Lots of resources to learn various departments and areas of the store. Great culture and atmosphere. Quality product that makes sales easy. Lots of pressure from upper management, however lots of resources to help if you get stuck. Also benefits are great.
However, company does need to make sure that if you are promoted you get placed with a new sales team and needs to ensure that training schedules for new positions are followed through.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Training needs to be regulated
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 April 2017
Strengthing customer service skills by talking to customers, getting to know the customer than selling to their needs. In-store visual merchandising, dressing mannequins, laying out table displays and building window displays. The best part of working at Eddie Bauer is talking to interesting people that are living their adventure going traveling or on an exciting trip somewhere, and outfitting them with the gear the need to have the best experiance.
Eddie Bauer
Retail/Organizer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
A typical day at work deals with pleasing customers and keeping the store in perfect condition. I have learned a lot about communicating with others, and selling product.
Fantastic job
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2017
Job was filled with joy. You worked at a constant rate and if it was a slow day, you would help management better the store by any means necessary. Felt like you were a part of a good team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Too much chaos
Pattern Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA1 February 2017
This company has been through too many CEO changes. Most CEO's in the apparel industry take jobs in companies, make changes and then take a job somewhere else leaving the employees to clean up the mess. EB is no exception.
Eddie Bauer is a great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 January 2017
I really enjoyed working for Eddie Bauer. I was able to work with a great team and great atmosphere. Every day was different, it involved selling, training, merchandising. The most enjoyable part of working at EB was the values that the company withheld and the great team i got to work with. I was challenged and fulfilled throughout my employment at EB. I left EB to attend school as a Medical Office Assistant.
Busy only one time of the year.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
Get in to work put on my badge approach the manager who would assign me a the part of the store where I should be working. I learned to interact with the public and not to be afraid to approach people. Management was really good and helpful. My co-workers were fun to work with and had lots of knowledge about products that we were selling. The hardest part of the job, was turning away a customer, because you didn't have what they wanted. Learning about how different clothing kept you warm.
Pros
Working in a friendly enviroment
Cons
No long term employment.
Bare Minimum
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
If you need a job then sure work here. Management was sub par and overstaffed like crazy to "keep up" with the non existent christmas rush. Myself as well as 4 other employees went a week without work on multiple occasions
Pays the bills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
slow pace
nice customers
good first job for retail
pay raise twice a year
store is easy to maintain
friendly staff
great managers
Pros
discounts, benifits
Cons
music, older clientele
Company on the Move
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
Very interesting company to work for defiantly making the right changes to be successful in the future. Had a great group of people in Calgary that made it enjoyable to work day in and out.
Please read the review.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 May 2016
Managers we not very positive and would undermine you in front of customers all the time. Not a healthy environment. Not a fun place to work
Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2016
I absolutely loved working at Eddie Bauer. I never would have left if I hadn't been moving away. Great people to work with and awesome management.
hated this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 March 2015
i really didnt like the false promises the mangers gave us when we just started and the hold back of pay checks, i was promised hours and i barely got any.
Unorganized, unappreciative of employees and out of touch with current trends
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
I learned a lot from this position, I was lucky to be trained at the Yorkdale location which provided me with the skills I would need to survive the next few years at the flagship store. The district manger is completely out of touch with how the store actually runs, and when issues with management are identified there is often no consequence as long as profits are being made. The company itself is going through some sort of personality disorder, focusing on technical gear in order to make itself a competitor with certified outfitters MEC, North Face, Columbia and Arcteryx. Unfortunately their current clientele does not reflect this new active stance they are taking, but they are trying to attract more customers so I guess change is ideal. The company itself has very old values and a vague return policy which really causes them to lose a lot of money. This loss of money because of an overly relaxed return policy is transmitted into the excess pressure put on minimum-wage (don't expect to get a raise unless you badger management constantly) employees to sell sell sell!! Also employees are constantly under pressure to buy new and current (meaning every two-three weeks) clothes, and are penalized for wearing clothing that is from the last season, The discount on clothing is very good, but this is an upscale retailer so the discounted clothing is still very expensive, especially at the frequency associates are required to buy. All in all a very educational experience, but if you choose to work here expect that you will remain entry level for a very long time, as all higher positions  more... are filled with external hires. This often means the associates and assistant managers end up training, and doing most of the work of the store managers (for half of the paycheque of course).  less
Pros
Discount and great sales team
Cons
No room for advancement, no internal promotions and extreme pressure to buy new clothes
Selling high quality items to long time and new customers
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 February 2015
Working at Eddie Bauer was stressful as management was inconsistent. In the year I was employed. I had 3 different managers, only one who did the job well, and it was hard to maintain good service in this environment. I received recognition of Employee of the Month for April 2013 despite lack of leadership and enjoyed helping customers find the perfect outfit. I would enjoy working in a similar environment again
Eddie Bauer Review
Guide (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 January 2015
A typical day at work would involve helping customers, folding/ arranging clothes, putting away inventory.
I learned skills such as dealing with difficult situations, customer service skills and time management skills.
There was no certain hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and how friendly they are and the social part of meeting new people.
Fun work place, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ON4 January 2015
working here if a fun experience, challenging and rewarding, however the management sucks, they are really on you about any little thing even when you go above and beyond expectations. Co-workers were amazing people, environment was fun aswell.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
bad managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.