Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milton,ONJune 19, 2014
Good experience in sales.

A lot of customer service, and fast pace working environment.
Sales Supervisor
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2014
Drove business through daily analysis of store and associate sales results as determined by key business drivers.
Iconic company going through many changes.
Warehouse Store Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: poor bonuses.
A decision was made by corporate to close the distribution centre.
The retail store is attached so it is closing as well.
Fast-paced workplace with lots of energy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: two breaks, employee discounts
Cons: the occasional rude customer
A typical day at work began with a staff meeting in the backroom with the manager informing all the associates with their responsibilities, although this was repetitive, it ensured the job was well done. Throughout the day we would deal with customers and organize the messy shelves and displays as well as work in the backroom at times. If it was a closing – more... shift we would be responsible to clean the store for the morning crew.
I received all my sales experience from this store which involved how to greet customers, how to assess their needs and how to interact with different customers in different ways.
Management was always kind as they wanted to ensure the relationship between the store manager was more of a co-worker relationship than a boss and employee one.
My co-workers were always great, helped me learn in my first few weeks and then I helped the new employees on thier first few weeks.

The job was enjoyable as every day meant meeting new people with different backgrounds. This helped me learn a lot of customer service and people interaction. Unfortunately, due to relocating to a different city, I had to resign from this job. – less
assissant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), calgary abSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers were fun to be around
Cons: too many bosses
overseeing the daily staff with thier duty's
different men's sizing
management too many bosses
co-workers again very easy to work with
hardest part of the job. dealing with too many bosses
Productive and Fun Working Environment.
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free snacks most of the time.
Cons: not busy during weekdays especially in evenings.
The management is very nice. I learned to prioritize every customer because customer is the reason why we are still in the world of business. I had a good co-worker they are willing to help and teach especially the new member of the team. I never find any hardest part of my job. If we work 8 hours a day we two 15 minutes break and one half hour launch. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job is when the customer is happy for the service I rendered to them. Especially most them they acknowledge how happy they are for the service. And every time they step in the store they remember my name. – less
about eddie Bauer
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: long drive for me
Eddie Bauer is a retail store that has been in business since 1920. This company has progressed into a world wide company with hundreds of store, in the states, and many in Canada. co workers are all team players and a typical day there is working on personal goals to looking after staff to doing daily work in the office. mmost injoyable part of the – more... job is servicing my customers and the hardest part i say would be not having all the product for customers to purchase. – less
Relaxed Environment
Assistant Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2013
I wish I was more outdoorsy. I'm sure it was a requirment because in the interview they asked me if I had any sport related hobbies. Really, for me, that's a hard no. But considering I am the best person for the job when it comes to merchandising I mentioned like I like canoeing and kayaking. I like it but the last time I did it was 10 years ago at – more... camp. That really shouldn't be a make it or break it question.

I didn't get along with my co-workers which is weird because I get along with everyone. They must have sensed that I wasn't actually an outdoors(wo)man. My managment were not fond of me either and each told me different things on job duties. Where I was supposed to stand, how far I could go back in the store and on what days of the week. It was like parking downtown.
For me a typical day at work was stressful for those reasons. Even though I was working hard, doing my job and making customers happy it was the wrong day of the week for something I was or wasn't doing. As the Assistant Visual Merchandiser my favorite part of my job was steaming and doing everything visual! My love for Merchandising is the reason for my little white lie about being "sporty spice".

Eddie Bauer is excellent and I would work there again, at a different location. – less
Adequate
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: management development
It's not a major retailer as it used to be based on the direction the corporation is taking. It's management and development is mediocre in comparison to other larger companies. It's an older company with lots of established management not going anywhere any time soon which makes it more difficult to grow and develop.
A store that takes real pride in maintaining long-term customers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa ONAugust 30, 2012
Pros: nice customers
Cons: entry level
The work is very similar to many other clothing stores, except for the fact that Eddie Bauer is based on a real person, Eddie Bauer himself. During training you are told about the upbringings of Eddie Bauer the person and the work that he used to do. It gives you an idea how he founded the store and created various unique clothing inventions that are – more... commonly used today. Despite being priced more than most clothing stores, I do admit that the quality of the clothing is superb. Also the empowerment policy really reflects the desire to put the customer first, It is all about the long-term relationship between the business and the customer. Many customers I found were able to tell me stories of when my manager worked at the store, and how they have been loyal for 10+ years. As an entry level worker you are given a surprising amount of power, as Eddie Bauer believes that it is important to avoid involving the lengthy process of getting a manager to use manager-only permissions which frustrate and annoy customers with delays. The return policy is yes. In fact if you own an tennis racket strung by Eddie Bauer it can be returned, granted you will receive the original price for it in store credit from the early 1930's. But that is much more to say than most other stores will give you. All in all I would say that if I worked retail again, I would definalty choose Eddie Bauer again. – less
Thoroughly enjoyed working here. The staff made a difference.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: great discounts for staff
Cons: on call scheduling, 15 min. breaks too short during lunch, or dinner shifts
Customer service was a priority here and it showed. The customers were loyal and appreciative. The staff was pleasant and management helpful and understanding. A job well done was always rewarded with praise or small tokens of appreciation. The company offered excellent incentive programs and discounts for the staff. It was a pleasure working for this – more... company. – less
fun place to work but can't get there act together.
technician (Former Employee), Groveport, OHAugust 12, 2014
If you aren't young there's no chance of getting hired, even if you have everything there are looking for and more.
Respectful,fun,team oriented work place.
Associate Sales Leader/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work is fast pace with all of the customers that come in and all the different tasks that we have to maintain with keep our store clean and organized for the customers. My team at Eddie Bauer is a lot of fun and easy to get along with, and since the Eddie Bauer company is so reliable we have loyal customers that come in every so often – more... so we always see our familiar faces which is also a highlight. – less
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2014
sales associate, in retail clothing store, in Mall setting
Casual inbound contact center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at the contact center included inbound phone calls with customers that had questions about the products, needed help placing an order, or wanted their packages tracked. Customers also may have needed information about their rewards account.
Learning Experience
Team Lead (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 28, 2014
A place where you can acquire new skills while making a decent hourly wage
Fun place to work, always something new going on in the company
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Anderson, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: fun environment that followed over into everyday life
Cons: not a permentant type of employment for myself.
I gained a great deal of knowledge of the Brand, the culture that goes along with the brand and became an educator for those seeking fun in the great outdoors.
I enjoyed my time with Eddie Bauer but sought advancement in a new job that offered more reliability.
Love working here!
Co Manager (Visual) (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2014
Only needed to relocate, otherwise GREAT. I couldn't have learned more from a company.
Relaxed but professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 17, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: low pay
The managers were very friendly and I learned how to approach customers and offer assistance. I also learned how to use the cash register, and stock merchandise. We worked as a team and helped one another if assistance was needed.
Moving to a selling culture
Co-Manager (Current Employee), MNJuly 15, 2014
EB is a great place to work if you want to be graded on your ability to sell, and not how you are as a leader.

1 2 3 4 5

About Eddie Bauer

Nonagenarian Eddie Bauer is looking to the future with a focus on the past. The multichannel retailer operates some 370 stores – Read more