Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Supervisor
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2014
Drove business through daily analysis of store and associate sales results as determined by key business drivers.
Iconic company going through many changes.
Warehouse Store Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: poor bonuses.
A decision was made by corporate to close the distribution centre.
The retail store is attached so it is closing as well.
Fast-paced workplace with lots of energy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: two breaks, employee discounts
Cons: the occasional rude customer
A typical day at work began with a staff meeting in the backroom with the manager informing all the associates with their responsibilities, although this was repetitive, it ensured the job was well done. Throughout the day we would deal with customers and organize the messy shelves and displays as well as work in the backroom at times. If it was a closing – more... shift we would be responsible to clean the store for the morning crew.
I received all my sales experience from this store which involved how to greet customers, how to assess their needs and how to interact with different customers in different ways.
Management was always kind as they wanted to ensure the relationship between the store manager was more of a co-worker relationship than a boss and employee one.
My co-workers were always great, helped me learn in my first few weeks and then I helped the new employees on thier first few weeks.

The job was enjoyable as every day meant meeting new people with different backgrounds. This helped me learn a lot of customer service and people interaction. Unfortunately, due to relocating to a different city, I had to resign from this job. – less
assissant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), calgary abSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers were fun to be around
Cons: too many bosses
overseeing the daily staff with thier duty's
different men's sizing
management too many bosses
co-workers again very easy to work with
hardest part of the job. dealing with too many bosses
great incentives
Key holder/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great incentives and atmosphere
Eddie Bauer was a great place to work. The team was amazing and always helpful. Eddie Bauer likes to promote within and is always looking for new opportunities to enhance employees skills. They had great incentives for sales associates which wasn't hard because their product is amazing.
Productive and Fun Working Environment.
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free snacks most of the time.
Cons: not busy during weekdays especially in evenings.
The management is very nice. I learned to prioritize every customer because customer is the reason why we are still in the world of business. I had a good co-worker they are willing to help and teach especially the new member of the team. I never find any hardest part of my job. If we work 8 hours a day we two 15 minutes break and one half hour launch. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job is when the customer is happy for the service I rendered to them. Especially most them they acknowledge how happy they are for the service. And every time they step in the store they remember my name. – less
about eddie Bauer
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: long drive for me
Eddie Bauer is a retail store that has been in business since 1920. This company has progressed into a world wide company with hundreds of store, in the states, and many in Canada. co workers are all team players and a typical day there is working on personal goals to looking after staff to doing daily work in the office. mmost injoyable part of the – more... job is servicing my customers and the hardest part i say would be not having all the product for customers to purchase. – less
Relaxed Environment
Assistant Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2013
I wish I was more outdoorsy. I'm sure it was a requirment because in the interview they asked me if I had any sport related hobbies. Really, for me, that's a hard no. But considering I am the best person for the job when it comes to merchandising I mentioned like I like canoeing and kayaking. I like it but the last time I did it was 10 years ago at – more... camp. That really shouldn't be a make it or break it question.

I didn't get along with my co-workers which is weird because I get along with everyone. They must have sensed that I wasn't actually an outdoors(wo)man. My managment were not fond of me either and each told me different things on job duties. Where I was supposed to stand, how far I could go back in the store and on what days of the week. It was like parking downtown.
For me a typical day at work was stressful for those reasons. Even though I was working hard, doing my job and making customers happy it was the wrong day of the week for something I was or wasn't doing. As the Assistant Visual Merchandiser my favorite part of my job was steaming and doing everything visual! My love for Merchandising is the reason for my little white lie about being "sporty spice".

Eddie Bauer is excellent and I would work there again, at a different location. – less
Adequate
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: management development
It's not a major retailer as it used to be based on the direction the corporation is taking. It's management and development is mediocre in comparison to other larger companies. It's an older company with lots of established management not going anywhere any time soon which makes it more difficult to grow and develop.
A store that takes real pride in maintaining long-term customers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa ONAugust 30, 2012
Pros: nice customers
Cons: entry level
The work is very similar to many other clothing stores, except for the fact that Eddie Bauer is based on a real person, Eddie Bauer himself. During training you are told about the upbringings of Eddie Bauer the person and the work that he used to do. It gives you an idea how he founded the store and created various unique clothing inventions that are – more... commonly used today. Despite being priced more than most clothing stores, I do admit that the quality of the clothing is superb. Also the empowerment policy really reflects the desire to put the customer first, It is all about the long-term relationship between the business and the customer. Many customers I found were able to tell me stories of when my manager worked at the store, and how they have been loyal for 10+ years. As an entry level worker you are given a surprising amount of power, as Eddie Bauer believes that it is important to avoid involving the lengthy process of getting a manager to use manager-only permissions which frustrate and annoy customers with delays. The return policy is yes. In fact if you own an tennis racket strung by Eddie Bauer it can be returned, granted you will receive the original price for it in store credit from the early 1930's. But that is much more to say than most other stores will give you. All in all I would say that if I worked retail again, I would definalty choose Eddie Bauer again. – less
Customers
Guide (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working til 10pm at nights and leaving around 11pm
Selling merchandise to customers and trying to upsell additional merchandise. Checking people out. Dressing the mannequins and straightening merchandise on tables.
VERY PRODUCTIVE, RELAXING AND FUN
Stock Person (Current Employee), Bridgewater NJApril 14, 2014
It has been, and still is an amazing opportunity. Love the place very much.
Typical Sales Associate Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, OHApril 9, 2014
The customers are wonderful and the product is solid. I have had no issues with the company.
A freindly environment
Sales and Stock Associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: pay raise
Cons: hours varied depending on performance.
Welcomed customers into the store sincerely and energetically. Acknowledged all customers in my zone to ensure one hundred percent floor coverage. Put styles together for the customer to build a sale and to demonstrate the Eddie Bauer style. I learned how to get out of my comfort zone. Management was excellent and my co-workers were fun. The hardest – more... part of the job was trying to sell add on like a credit card or a special item for the month. The most enjoyable part was everyone worked as a team to accomplish the sales goal and we were rewarded for our effort. – less
Okay job, but wasn't flexible with my schedule.
Sales (Former Employee), Medford, OregonApril 4, 2014
Okay job, but wasn't flexible with my schedule. I realized that the job really wasn't for me because I didn't like competition with my co workers. In my opinion, sales jobs should be a team effort and not a competition to see who can sell the most.
Freindly Customers
Sales Associate in sports and outerwear (Former Employee), Citrus Park MallApril 4, 2014
Pros: ac
Cons: no pay
Nice store and you get discounts on clothing while employed.
Cashiered, handled major credit cards, cash and checks.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2014
A typical work day consisted of folding clothes to make the store was neat and tidy, making sure the customer was satisfied and greeted customers who would enter the store. I learned that team work, respect and hard work will benefit in a good way at the end of the day. The managers at Eddie Bauer were respectful and they helped anytime we had a concern. – more... MY co-workers were friendly, polite, respectful and hard working. The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the clothes were wrinkle free before we displayed them, the most enjoyable part of the job was being around all of the co-workers and meeting new people everyday. – less
Fun place to work with children and childhood activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colonie, NYMarch 24, 2014
As a Site Director for the YMCA, I was in charge of about 10 children. I would have to make plans for daily activities for the children from snack selections, arts and crafts, homework time, games for cognitive development and ways to get the children to be social. I enjoyed this job very much as I love working with children and the job gave me great – more... enjoyment. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln City, ORMarch 18, 2014
Though I only worked for Eddie Bauer during a summer season I spent at the beach, I enjoyed the culture and the quality of employees and products which I was allowed to work.
An enjoyable work atmosphere.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 18, 2014
I love helping and interacting with customers. My co-workers make it even more fun at work. We're all a team to help each other and the goals of the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Eddie Bauer

Nonagenarian Eddie Bauer is looking to the future with a focus on the past. The multichannel retailer operates some 370 stores – Read more