Econo Lodge Employee Reviews

house keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 January 2017
id start work at 8am and go till 1145 for lunch then go back to work at 1230 and id really enjoy my work! i have learned a lot as for management as great till the new management took over.my co-workers became some really great friends.the hardest part of my jobs was at the end of day when i was very tired.the most enjoyable part of my job was cleaning
Pros
working by my self
Cons
having a really bad room to clean
Productive and overall fun workplace
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 April 2016
My typical day at work was answering and screening calls, booking people in for the rooms of their choice, paperwork ect... I learned a lot about excel and how to deal well with people. Management was very friendly and accommodating and ran the hotel extremely well. My coworkers were awesome and were very well trained.
A rather comfortable and cozy environment
Hôtesse (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 December 2015
A typical day at work is to do the inventory by counting all alcoholic beverage that is refrigerated, ready to serve. When customers walk into your lounge, you make sure to greet them, and help to make them feel at home. Oftentimes, the customer will converse with you
about this or that, and it is always interesting. Many of my customers are based in either Canada or the United States, and will
visit regularly. Some of your customers start to become like family, and that, needless to say, is always enjoyable!
The hours were evenings only, until at least midnight. Weekends off, however. Salary was minimum wage,but you always received gratuities.
Had good co-workers
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB14 February 2016
It was a fast paced environment to work. Learned to be more social with my co-workers. The down fall was the Housekeeping Supervisor, how she managed her crew and her attitude towards us.The co-workers made it a good environment to be in.
Pros
Starting work early
Cons
Bad management
Downtown location
Supervisor/Primary Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 February 2014
The Econolodge was an interesting place to work. While the staff was friendly, the owners were very picky and condescending to the staff. They ignored any concerns unless in directly impacted them, they refused to assist when their employees were ill, thus making the employees arrive at work when they were ill and there were no benefits.

This is where I learned the hotel industry from, and began the daily, weekly, monthly paper work, as well as totaling hours for all the employees and submitting it for the management to send out payroll.

The most difficult part was being a female that worked nights without security. There were many times I had to lock people out of the hotel because I did not feel safe.

I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers, but several of them did not show an appreciation for dedicated working hours.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Drunks and party goers
It gave me a vast experience in the hotel industry.
Reservation/Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2013
It was a company that gave me the chance to break into the hotel industry. It took a while to get the salary and benefits to make it up for the stress and constant changes but in the end I learned so much so it was worth being there for the many years.
Pros
the knowledge and hands on experience will always be appreciated.
Cons
long hours and the constant change of staff was difficult.
Good learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC3 April 2016
good place to work, had a bit of fun with co workers while the work was slow and i learned a lot in the process. Left to receive a better paying job opportunity.
Great Management!
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Taber, Alberta28 August 2015
I work at the front desk of this fine hotel. Being the swing shift girl, I could have any of the three (Morning{6am-2pm}, Afternoon{2pm-10pm}, Evening/Graveyard{10pm-6am}) so I got to learn a lot about how a hotel works. My co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful when it comes to scheduling shifts. Management is great and always willing to help out. This is a very relaxed environment
Pros
No stress
Cons
Not a lot of staff
productive and very fun loving busy with different peoples
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2014
Effective job to develop and learn communication skills with different peoples with different nature. Excellent management with awesome co-workers which gives your satisfaction in what you are doing. communicating with different culture people is the most enjoyable part of the job with very busy rush hour check in time to be the tough part.
NA
NIGHT Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2015
NO COMMENTS,THE CONDITIONS IS REALLY UNACCEPTABLE
NO FUTURE CARRIER IN THIS FRANCHISE IS ZERO
SHORT HRS FOR WORK AND MADE EXPERIENCES
Pros
MORE BENEFITS
Cons
SHORT HRS FOR WORK AND MADE EXPERIENCES
FAMILY OWNED HOTEL
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2014
FAMILY OWNED HOTEL----
-NEVER A TYPICAL DAY EVERY DAY DIFFERENT
WORK ON A SHIFT ALONE AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHATEVER COMES UP
MANAGEMENT IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
Cons
NO HEALTH BENEFITS
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2016
not worth saying anything about this place I will not work here again poor health place was not up to code I do not recamend anyone work here
Room Attendant
Housekeeping attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 May 2015
A typical days works is quite enjoyable when I get to assist guests with any questions that they may have with the city.
Being efficient in my job as a Room Attendant to have rooms done in a timely manner.
Management is good to give you days off if you need a certain day off.
My co-works are fun to work with.
Nice to work for an experience.
Room and Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2015
Nice and fun place to work just for a hotel experience.
Your colleagues were supportive provide guidance and systematic approached on how to go with daily tasks.
Pros
Nice co worker.
Cons
Few hours in winter.
Good experience...
Food Counter and Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2012
it was perfect in all way.. Good work erperience!
All employee are hardworking..
Management is very good..
Work environment is so good ..
Pros
some time free lunch
Cons
long hour
Long days on your feet cleaning unexpected messes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 August 2012
Typically on your feet all day long spraying cleaners all day long moving from room to room doing daily cleaning up after many different people coming in and out each day.

I learned how to clean, make and change bedding the right way, how to be curtious and rliable and to overcome the worst situations and work through each mess.

This is more independent work although you may be lucky to get a cleaning buddy to help you out from room to room. The manager expects each room to insure good quality hard work has went into each room for happy customers to enjoy while they stay.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with other people who do not do a good cleaning job. Someone else will then be sent to do over the room and all the attitudes can get pretty awkard. This is hard labour and pay is not usually worth it, Exspecially when you have high bills to pay and a family of your own to support. I think pay should be higher.
it's a fun enviroment, and i enjoy the people i work with.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB1 May 2015
I show up at 11 in the evening, and i'm allowed to sleep as long as I keep the portable phone with me, at 2 am I run reports, and than I can go back to sleep till 5 when I have to put out the breakfast items . from 5:30-7 I am at the desk, stocking breakfast, keeping the lobby clean and checking out guests. should anyone call during the times I am asleep I come and assist them, be it giving out extra towels/pillows etc, or checking a guest in.
Pros
able to sleep, good co-workers
Cons
not very productive
Not the safest place though
Front Desk Executive (Former Employee) –  fort st john5 February 2015
It is a Hotel with not the highest rating but with the management willing to improve makes it the a better place to work in. Due to its location, the situation can get very serious.
overall positive working enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC9 June 2014
co-workers were easy going .physical work,management was fine . shortage of work during winter months
Pros
co- workers help each other out if need be
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing Place to work with great management
Marketing and Front Desk (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2012
This hotel was a great experience to work at. I loved the management and the working hours were very flexible for a high-school student.

2.5