Econo Lodge Employee Reviews

Productive and overall fun workplace
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 15, 2016
My typical day at work was answering and screening calls, booking people in for the rooms of their choice, paperwork ect... I learned a lot about excel and how to deal well with people. Management was very friendly and accommodating and ran the hotel extremely well. My coworkers were awesome and were very well trained.
Good learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCApril 3, 2016
good place to work, had a bit of fun with co workers while the work was slow and i learned a lot in the process. Left to receive a better paying job opportunity.
Had good co-workers
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
It was a fast paced environment to work. Learned to be more social with my co-workers. The down fall was the Housekeeping Supervisor, how she managed her crew and her attitude towards us.The co-workers made it a good environment to be in.
Pros
Starting work early
Cons
Bad management
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
not worth saying anything about this place I will not work here again poor health place was not up to code I do not recamend anyone work here
A rather comfortable and cozy environment
Hôtesse (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work is to do the inventory by counting all alcoholic beverage that is refrigerated, ready to serve. When customers walk into your lounge, you make sure to greet them, and help to make them feel at home. Oftentimes, the customer will converse with you
about this or that, and it is always interesting. Many of my customers are based in either Canada or the United States, and will
visit regularly. Some of your customers start to become like family, and that, needless to say, is always enjoyable!
The hours were evenings only, until at least midnight. Weekends off, however. Salary was minimum wage,but you always received gratuities.
Nice to work for an experience.
Room and Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2015
Nice and fun place to work just for a hotel experience.
Your colleagues were supportive provide guidance and systematic approached on how to go with daily tasks.
Pros
Nice co worker.
Cons
Few hours in winter.
NA
NIGHT Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 28, 2015
NO COMMENTS,THE CONDITIONS IS REALLY UNACCEPTABLE
NO FUTURE CARRIER IN THIS FRANCHISE IS ZERO
SHORT HRS FOR WORK AND MADE EXPERIENCES
Pros
MORE BENEFITS
Cons
SHORT HRS FOR WORK AND MADE EXPERIENCES
Great Management!
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Taber, AlbertaAugust 28, 2015
I work at the front desk of this fine hotel. Being the swing shift girl, I could have any of the three (Morning{6am-2pm}, Afternoon{2pm-10pm}, Evening/Graveyard{10pm-6am}) so I got to learn a lot about how a hotel works. My co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful when it comes to scheduling shifts. Management is great and always willing to help out. This is a very relaxed environment
Pros
No stress
Cons
Not a lot of staff
Room Attendant
Housekeeping attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 28, 2015
A typical days works is quite enjoyable when I get to assist guests with any questions that they may have with the city.
Being efficient in my job as a Room Attendant to have rooms done in a timely manner.
Management is good to give you days off if you need a certain day off.
My co-works are fun to work with.
it's a fun enviroment, and i enjoy the people i work with.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edson, ABMay 1, 2015
I show up at 11 in the evening, and i'm allowed to sleep as long as I keep the portable phone with me, at 2 am I run reports, and than I can go back to sleep till 5 when I have to put out the breakfast items . from 5:30-7 I am at the desk, stocking breakfast, keeping the lobby clean and checking out guests. should anyone call during the times I am asleep I come and assist them, be it giving out extra towels/pillows etc, or checking a guest in.
Pros
able to sleep, good co-workers
Cons
not very productive
Not the safest place though
Front Desk Executive (Former Employee) –  fort st johnFebruary 5, 2015
It is a Hotel with not the highest rating but with the management willing to improve makes it the a better place to work in. Due to its location, the situation can get very serious.
Great Company
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 17, 2014
This company is more than a hotel. Econolodge has given me experience in customer service, and with financial recording. In addition to this, I have learned how to manage conflict situations.
FAMILY OWNED HOTEL
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 13, 2014
FAMILY OWNED HOTEL----
-NEVER A TYPICAL DAY EVERY DAY DIFFERENT
WORK ON A SHIFT ALONE AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHATEVER COMES UP
MANAGEMENT IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
Cons
no health benefits
overall positive working enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJune 9, 2014
co-workers were easy going .physical work,management was fine . shortage of work during winter months
Pros
co- workers help each other out if need be
Cons
not enough hours
Not too bad
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJune 2, 2014
Did what was required of me.

Already knew how to do it.

Got long well with the bosses,and coworkers

Having to use a stool.

Working with the coworkers was great.Very nice to me.
Pros
good hours and pay.
Cons
back breaking, and sore at the end of the work day.
great to learn how important it is to have the beds made perfect with nice smooth corners
Chamber Maid (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCMay 9, 2014
great to work with the cleaning team, we spoke different languages, but still got along just fine. Learned about cleaning supplies and all the dangers that can occur if not being careful.
Very controlled and friendly management.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
Very good management, perfect and ready to work with each other staff and very good communication around all employees.
terrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2014
not a good place to work. i would never work for these people

Pros
nothing
Cons
shorted hours
productive and very fun loving busy with different peoples
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 2, 2014
Effective job to develop and learn communication skills with different peoples with different nature. Excellent management with awesome co-workers which gives your satisfaction in what you are doing. communicating with different culture people is the most enjoyable part of the job with very busy rush hour check in time to be the tough part.
Downtown location
Supervisor/Primary Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 3, 2014
The Econolodge was an interesting place to work. While the staff was friendly, the owners were very picky and condescending to the staff. They ignored any concerns unless in directly impacted them, they refused to assist when their employees were ill, thus making the employees arrive at work when they were ill and there were no benefits.

This is where I learned the hotel industry from, and began the daily, weekly, monthly paper work, as well as totaling hours for all the employees and submitting it for the management to send out payroll.

The most difficult part was being a female that worked nights without security. There were many times I had to lock people out of the hotel because I did not feel safe.

I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers, but several of them did not show an appreciation for dedicated working hours.
Pros
downtown location
Cons
drunks and party goers

2.5