Ecolab

Ecolab Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and collaborative workplace
Analytical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: caffeteria in the office, free parking nearby the building
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed working for Ecolab on multiple projects geared towards generating different cleaning agents. I worked mainly in assay development and there was a lot of collaboration between the different groups since one assay could be used to test multiple products for different situations. I enjoyed being involved with the different groups running tests – more... for their various cleaners and taking ideas generated in some group projects to improve the assay methods for others. The hardest part of the job for me was juggling the completely different projects i worked on, as some of the assays take quite a bit of time to set up and generate data and some had to be tested at timed intervals. Having 3 assays fall on the same day was quite the challenge but it was worth it as i learned to organize myself very well and work hard to ensure everything was correctly done. The work environment was very friendly and my co-workers and i often helped each other on our different projects. – less
acceptional company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Ecolab is a great company inside and out. However, I did not feel like the postion was in was the right fit for me.
A fast pace company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fisher, InSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: the volume is fast pace
Cons: not family orientated
A day within this company call center is fast pace with a lot of assistance from co-workers.
Top priority is customer satisfaction.
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful when dealing with needy customers.
A good opportunity to network with people in the food industry.
Sales-driven organization, striving to create a safety culture across the organization
Global SH&E Program Manager, Ergonomics (Current Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good work environment, telented people
Cons: sales-driven, trying to get funding of she initiatives, lack of it integration
Challenging culture, solid company financially. Nalco side of the business (recent merger) is safety-oriented, Ecolab side trying to catch up. Ergonomics is being received cautiously, lot of training and educating of the sales force. Businesses are spread out across the globe so training is challenging but they are receptive. Slow but steady progress – more... on changing the mindset about MSDs and strain/sprain injuries, early reporting, and early intervention. – less
Very Sales Driven Culture with a lot of pressure to produce regardless of circumstances.
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2013
Ecolab is an excellent company in many ways, such as stock options, as well as a company vehicle, and even a pension after 5 years.

Some of the downside is that in any role, whether you are a service tech or a sales guy, you have a sales target that you are expected to meet monthly. Additionally, for the service team, there is very little work-life – more... balance. This creates alot of stress at home, making all the above benefits seem worthless, because you're so exhausted. – less
INTERSTING
LAB TECH (Former Employee), Cheadle, ENGAugust 23, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: smell of bleach
WORK WAS ALWAYS INTERSTING DIFFERENT EVERY DAY I LEARNT HOW TO TEST CHEMCAILS. MANGER WERE FINE CO WORKERS MUCH THE SAME AS EVERY WHERE ELSE GOOD ONES AND BAD ONES HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS WHEN TANKS BLEW UP THE CLEAN UP AFTER THEM ENJOYED BEING OUTSIDE .
Quality work environment
Senior Chemist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 21, 2013
Good work life balance, nice working facility, ability to see a wide variety of the business.
Fast paced work environment
Corporate - Regional HSE Manager (Former Employee), Dallas BasedAugust 21, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: 70% travel
Covered multiple Mfg. facilities in the US - supporting the HSE and Industrial Hygiene aspect of the food safety business.
No communication company.
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2013
Do not recommend employment for this company. Communication from ground up to management very poor and biased. Old mens club with some prejudice issues.....This cannot be proven of course but regardless this was a real issue. Unrealistic sales numbers I was told I had to meet were eliminated after they let me go. New job title created after the fact.
great people to work around
Production Worker (Former Employee), South Beloit, ILAugust 16, 2013
a fast paced job with opportunity to do many different tasks.
Not a company for a family man
Territory Manager (Current Employee), City of Industry, CaliforniaAugust 15, 2013
This company is great for those that do not have much going on outside of work. It is a great company for staying right where you are, if you do not desire advancement, then this is the company for you!
bad company, bad work environment, bad overall
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 13, 2013
this job is not worth anyone's time. do not expect a permanent position if you are going to be working in the warehouse.
Good company but diffcult to advance
FSS CSR (Current Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 9, 2013
Responsible for assisting over 100 sales representatives, internal and external customers daily, with placing orders, messages, and quotes. Also, manages caller’s concerns.
maintenance shop is in the process of rebuilding due to high turnover rate
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2013
Safety program needs some work. High turnover of maintenance employees.
Northern Pipe Line Construction is an Large Company which provides Descent pay and Benefits, buts lacks in management.
Route Sales & Service Chemical Manager (Former Employee), Charleston WV.July 29, 2013
Northern Pipe Line Construction for the time I was employed
Allowed for advancement From various positions,
I worked as an Journeyman Pipe Layer,
Electric Fusion welder, and equipment operator.
But as for field operations management it lacked supervision.
Okay place to work
Account Manager in Training (Former Employee), Richland, WAJuly 27, 2013
Pros: big company
Cons: one sales account
I really didn't like this particular job because I was the salesman for one account.
xx
Asset Leasing & Control Specialist (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2013
I love what I do, but it is stressful when you no support from management
Terrible
Cleanroom Opreative (Former Employee), Neath, WLSJuly 17, 2013
Basically for a company earning billions of dollars a year they paid poorly, management were basically incompetent bullies, I would not recommend working here.
Productive Work Enviroment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 14, 2013
-Gained valuable work experience.
-Coworkers are friendly.

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more