Ecolab Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ecolab
Corporate Account Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 25, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Overall, a great experience.
i learned more about cashier work and customer service
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCAugust 23, 2014
everyday i dealt with customers who could be satisfied or dissatisfied with the store. The hardest part was trying to calm down a upset customer. The most enjoyable part was when customers were satisfied.
This was an excellent work experience with great opportunity
Packer (Former Employee), Industry, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: it was a huge corporation which meant endless opportunities
Cons: cannot think of any at this time.
I worked hard at this company but I was honored to do so because I was trusted to run one of the most difficult lines within the company because no one could run it at the speed I could. My co workers were all very friendly and helpful when I first came on board. Overall I loved the job.
Great work experience!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYAugust 19, 2014
You learn a lot about different processes and how to help your customers have a safe and profitable product.
Declining company with terrible management--- RUN!
Sales (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 12, 2014
Declining company with terrible management--- RUN! Military culture and many overblown egos running the show. Doors slamming, swearing, breaking things, all normal and part of typical daily management tug-of-wars. Politics is a bloodsport. Promotions based on being yes-men, not based on quality of work. No one seems to understand that the market will – more... not bear prices 3-4x above industry norms just because, "We're Ecolab!" Don't be the bearer of bad news because the messenger always gets shot. – less
great company with good pay and benefits
Service Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefis
Cons: not enough business
Ecolab is a fine company to work for. The problem is that they expanded into Fort Myers about a year ago..and the competiton is fierce for business,not enough is being done so far to promote business, so it is very slow right now
great company to work for
Commercial Equipment Care Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 3, 2014
They are a very large company and a lot of room for growth. benefits are great and pay is fine.
busy but exciting
Senior Customer Service Export Representative (Former Employee), Farnham, ENGJuly 20, 2014
busy
to think on my feet
good
good
back order
dealing with the customers
Bad work and home life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: no life balance
The recent crossroads and combination of jobs you have to provide make this job almost undoable. You have to wear to many hats and sales goals with service and installation goals leave you with little or no home life.
Excellent earning potential
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits, company vehicle
Cons: long days, somewhat micro managed by upper managers
My job with Ecolab offers salary plus commission so there is opportunity for good income. Job demands a lot of time and driving so work life balance gets out of whack pretty often.
Large company with opportunities
Route Sales Manager/Field Trainer (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 11, 2014
The position can take a great deal of your time. You are on call 24/7 and will have rotating weekend coverage. Management varies in their way of doing business. You will be responsible for increasing sales, collections, routine service of equipment, installation and repair of equipment.
Always changing
Customer Billing Specialist (Current Employee), fishersJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: short breaks
I have enjoyed my work here and this is shown by my length of employment here
Fun company with good people.
Route Sales Manager/Maintenance (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: nice culture.
Cons: some long hours especially when on call.
Route service.

I learned a great deal with the company.

Somewhat micro managed.

Great co-workers
Overall good
Senior ETL Developer (Current Employee), MinneapolisJuly 2, 2014
I have a very good time in ecolab. Very good team and flexible working time. I had very good chance to balance my personal life and career.
This was a fast paced sales environment. Where I learned something new each day
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2014
My days vary, some early some late depending on the schedule.
productive
INTERNATIONAL PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2014
 Balancing lines.
 Reduction of inventories.
 Implementation of 5S project in the clean room area.
 Estimation and increased efficiency.
 Reduced operating costs.
bad place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), greensboro, ncJune 14, 2014
you never know when your going to be working until a few hours before its time to go in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2014
Pros: get awarded when goals are reached.
Cons: is a tough schedule too work with. different everyday.
A normal day like any other is taking calls from customers and reps in the field. I got to learn how to work in a customer service call center and have done well. Co-workers are good. Hardest part of the job is when you are dealing with an upset customer or rep. Most enjoyable part is knowing the fact that you are helping the customers out whether it – more... is placing orders or getting service calls out to the reps. – less
This was a great company at one time until the competition left the market
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee), St Paul, MNJune 2, 2014
This was once a great company. After the largest competitor left the market it seemed as if there was less caring for employees and customers.
A good job
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2014
A good job if you don't have a family, or a life. At least in Nevada. The customer is always right, and when you're dealing with high end Casino's they all want you there on one night, Mondays. You can't do them all on Mondays.

Complicating everything, and the worst part of the job, is that you are expected to field calls and emails during the day – more... when you're on midnights.

That, and my first month I had 3 casino's dropped into my lap as new accounts, infested to the gills...and mgt. scheduled them for me, for Mondays.

Also, the payroll department is screwy. They don't pay you, until the customer pays them. If the customer doesn't pay within 3 months, you don't get paid. Also, you are in charge of collections from your customers. – less

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more