Ecolab Employee Reviews

great place to work for, great people
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
Positive attitude, great atmosphere, everyone's friendly. Feels like a family. Part-time manager is one of the greatest managers I've worked for.
Was used just to work here for three months
Pick/Order -Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
Basically I was hired as a pick/order and was only with the company for 3 months. I asked for one week off to go overseas to my brother's wedding and I was told there was no problem with that. About several weeks before the wedding I get a letter saying that they did not need me after I came back from the wedding and that I violated the contract. This would have helped If they would have let me know at that time, instead of saying it was ok in the first place. The pay was good at $23.50 hr, but apparently when I was talking with the other employees they said it is a hard company to get into. This one employee told me he was working there for a year and they only kept him because the guy he was replacing had cancer and they did not know when he was coming back, another guy started a week before me and basically was replacing someone who just retired from the company. So it was bad timing on my part. Such was my fate.
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MN2 December 2014
Sound leadership culture with strong desire to win. Acquires top talent at all levels with strong advancement opportunities.
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2014
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Pros
great corporate culture
Cons
management tight control no independent thinking
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto, on9 January 2014
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
Pros
company car
Cons
everything else
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee) –  toronto10 March 2013
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT?
benefits
Cons
politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee) –  Canada11 February 2013
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
Pros
large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons
opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
good
chemical mixer opt (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2012
i enjoy my work.i m there to put my best afford.help each other to reach the goal.since i start working with them we are hitting our target every week..giving them new ideas.work smarter not harder.
Envirennement excellent et professionnel
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC14 June 2012
* La journee de travail et agreable pleine provocation.
* Pas de limite pour developpement.
* Le management excellent et professionnel
* Son tres serviable et efficase
* Reparation de lave vaisselle
* De rencontre les clients , offrire un excellent service,rencontrer
different categorie de gents et de professions.
Pros
evolution de carriere et equibre vie professionnel
Cons
mon opinion pas de point negatif
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2012
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
Pros
decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons
12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"