Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was used just to work here for three months
Pick/Order -Shipper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
Basically I was hired as a pick/order and was only with the company for 3 months. I asked for one week off to go overseas to my brother's wedding and I was told there was no problem with that. About several weeks before the wedding I get a letter saying that they did not need me after I came back from the wedding and that I violated the contract. This – more... would have helped If they would have let me know at that time, instead of saying it was ok in the first place. The pay was good at $23.50 hr, but apparently when I was talking with the other employees they said it is a hard company to get into. This one employee told me he was working there for a year and they only kept him because the guy he was replacing had cancer and they did not know when he was coming back, another guy started a week before me and basically was replacing someone who just retired from the company. So it was bad timing on my part. Such was my fate. – less
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNDecember 2, 2014
Sound leadership culture with strong desire to win. Acquires top talent at all levels with strong advancement opportunities.
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, – more... with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections – less
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: management tight control no independent thinking
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: everything else
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. – more... old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT? – less
good
chemical mixer opt (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2012
i enjoy my work.i m there to put my best afford.help each other to reach the goal.since i start working with them we are hitting our target every week..giving them new ideas.work smarter not harder.
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons: 12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
Horrible company to work for unless you want to be a slave!
Waste-water Treatment (Current Employee), Eastern territory, USDecember 9, 2014
Cons: no lunches or breaks and always on edge
This company expected you to work 60-80 hour weeks with no over time, management is a total joke. There is always the threat that you are just about to lose your job. Department mangers are the worst I have ever worked with.
ECOLAB great company gone BAD. Shame on u
senior service specialist (Former Employee), Mohave county and Laughlin areaDecember 5, 2014
Cons: poor management
17 years with Ecolab in this position posted . Mohave co , Laughlin area .Ecolab turned the job I loved in to work and just another pest control company no longer delivering the promise to their customers and their employees .Big on safety but fails to practices what they preach. Working long hrs being paged during sleep tine and working during family – more... time and working your weekends your forced to drive with little or no sleep . Failing to provide proper PPE to their employee forced to use respirator filters past their product recommended replacement guide lines . Nor could they order proper size gloves for to wear most of the time .Vacation time your expected to complete all your work for the month before you can take your well earned vacation that means you have to work all your weekends to complete a months worth of work. How is this a vacation your gust getting your weekends back.Also your expected to do sales calls during your family or sleep time and your not paid for it the sales rep gets the commission and you get a tiny Spiff not worth the time away from your family.Your kids are just a picture on you dash board and the wife is the other person on the phone when you get a chance . This is how they reward you I sold a hundred fifty thousand in route volume to add the third route and they hired him and gave him the day route and I scheduled a meeting with my reg mgr . When I got there they had FIVE written warning for me and one was an incident that happen over a year earlier. What a joke the area manager you will have is a perfect example of how bad it is .I had cancer surgery and all he could do was call and cussed at me and tell me I need to get back to work .Reported to reg mgr and Hr fell on deaf ears . Also reported not getting my PPE as needed nothing happened this same mgr would not replace my worn full face respirator for six month's. And what worse is the customer now gets control not elimination that I was so proud of to all of my customers I loved I'm sorry . So you want a job with Ecolab you better rethink it your family is more important than a company like this and SHAME ON YOU ECOLAB – less
Low Salary, No Bonus, Company is wasy behind on the time
Admin (Former Employee), TexasNovember 30, 2014
Company offers no bonuses, the salary is not competitive and they are very behind compared to other companies.
Work freedom yet very organized and indendent
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Abilene, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: too much driving
I have had 2 months of training here in Texas and including North Carolina. I work by myself everyday and make my own schedule. I travel all over north and west Texas doing food and safety audits, as well as fixing equipment. I love meeting new people and traveling to new places.
Slave labor
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: poor compensation, no advancement
This company does not compensate fairly, in fact they were forced to back pay Territory Representatives during a three year stretch that was reported to fair labor board. Company tries to sell you on their vehicle reimbursement.
ambitious, dedicated and reliable
Service Specialist (Current Employee), southNovember 16, 2014
Pros: flexiable working day
Cons: limited chance for promotion
to attend routine calls along with callouts and followups.

provide sales team with leads to generate extra company income

working within a dedicated and friendly team
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 15, 2014
You have to be available for work 24/7. They don't pay any overtime either.
had good experience driving a fork lift truck counter balance and wrapping on a machine
Temp with a agency (Former Employee), Trafford parkNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: non
I drove a f.l.t c/b taking pallets to the wrapping machine then putting away in the locations ready for distribution
Great People, work hard but rewarded
Collections (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Love this company but it was a temp job.
Did collections, recons, posted cash
ok
Manual labor
flexible hours
Job security
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: growth opportuniies
Cons: on call
Working in the institutional division of Ecolab is very hands on so knowledge of simple mechanics, plumbing, and electrical helps. The company provides a complex support structure so help is never hard to find, if you do not learn something during training than the Ecolab technical service department will guide you to troubleshooting solutions. The – more... Route Sales Managers position requires them to manage an assigned route and provide additional sanitation solutions to the network of clients they oversee. The sales aspect paired with the maintenance role will keep an RSM with plenty of job security. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more