Ecolab

Ecolab Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, – more... with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections – less
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: management tight control no independent thinking
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: everything else
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. – more... old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT? – less
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons: opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
good
chemical mixer opt (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2012
i enjoy my work.i m there to put my best afford.help each other to reach the goal.since i start working with them we are hitting our target every week..giving them new ideas.work smarter not harder.
Ecolab
Sr Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), St Paul MNOctober 18, 2014
Pros: freedom flexibility
Cons: hours, earning potential
• Develop and enhance existing relationships with customers while working independently and maintaining your own schedule
• Provide food safety, sanitation advice, education and training
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an extern at Ecolab
Law Extern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 15, 2014
• Wrote memoranda for the general legal counsel for many litigation and compliance issues
• Oversaw collaboration of document-retention policies for Nalco and Champion
• Evaluated developments in legal holds, employment law, and securities regulations
Enjoyed my position at Ecolab
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: equal expectations
Busy. Positive friendly environment. Learned about the business basically through my Area Manager and District Managers. Enjoyed field days and learning the all around picture from inside the office to out.
Poor Organisation
Service Specialist (Former Employee), UKOctober 8, 2014
Pros: the team, own initiative, company vehicle, different each day
Cons: unpredictable hours, lack of support, .
Great start to life with Ecolab and then the cracks in the way the company operates start to appear at an alarming rate.
Great teams but morale poor due to the lack of support and understanding of your role from higher management.

Sales and routine work put before customer needs,

ZERO PAY until you reach first job which could be an hour away and then – more... the same for travel back from last job... – less
Entry Level Collections postition
Regional Sales & Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 3, 2014
Pros: new friends
Cons: low pay
This was a Student Loan company. I worked in the Collections Department. Great entry level postion for new College Graduates.
Ecolab a company who is all about the dollar not family
someone (Former Employee), martisburg wv.September 30, 2014
Pros: benefits pay are not bad
Cons: all comes down to the dollar
I learned Production is first Safety and Quality is tied. My co-workers are scared. The answer to my coworkers problems would be Union. The white tower in Saint Paul has control and does not care about the little guy.
Excellent company and benefits
Route Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for; excellent benefits
Cons: sometimes hours were extremely long, though rewarding.
Visit your route accounts monthly to ensure machines up to code and working properly. Manegement was very friendly and always ready to help. Hardest part was being on call 24/7, heading home and getting that "machine down " call and returning for hours; which gave me the most rewarding times as you took care of any issue and location was back to regular – more... work. – less
Chemical Op (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: hours, weekends off
Cons: no leadership
Manager asked me to make deliveries with an expired registration sticker on truck. Told him easy fix, just get renewal problem solved! He came back at me and said go ahead and drive if you get a ticket we'll pay for it. No thank you! Sent home then txt back that he renewed come back tomorrow. Fired after that.
Stable, challenging, fast paced, rewarding job
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Westchester, NYSeptember 18, 2014
With a multitude of customers and responsibilities, every day is different. There is always an opportunity to learn and grow as a manager, person, and professional. I have learned a lot from both my management team and my coworkers and have fostered an environment of teamwork that I had not experienced in the past.

The most challenging aspect of the – more... job is balancing the Sales, Service, and logistical responsibilities of the position. It is extremely rewarding helping and having an intregal part in the success of so many restaurants and food service establishments. – less
Busy
Territory Manager (Current Employee), MissSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long long days and weekends
Start at 7am finish at 9pm Never stop.
Learn something every day
Manager is very demanding
Co workers are fantastic
Long hours and Budget demands are the hardest part.
Best part is my own hours some days.
Management is awful
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee), MassachusettsSeptember 17, 2014
There is no work life balance, management heaps tasks on the field team, with absolutely no assistance or support. Run, Run away.
Great Company
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2014
Best job I've ever had.
Flexibility,
Adequate compensation.
Great Benefits.
awesome company
Assembler II/Magnus Prep. (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Would love to work for these guys again. ENJOYED THE EMPLOYEES AND PERSONNEL!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more