Ecolab

Ecolab Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was used just to work here for three months
Pick/Order -Shipper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
Basically I was hired as a pick/order and was only with the company for 3 months. I asked for one week off to go overseas to my brother's wedding and I was told there was no problem with that. About several weeks before the wedding I get a letter saying that they did not need me after I came back from the wedding and that I violated the contract. This – more... would have helped If they would have let me know at that time, instead of saying it was ok in the first place. The pay was good at $23.50 hr, but apparently when I was talking with the other employees they said it is a hard company to get into. This one employee told me he was working there for a year and they only kept him because the guy he was replacing had cancer and they did not know when he was coming back, another guy started a week before me and basically was replacing someone who just retired from the company. So it was bad timing on my part. Such was my fate. – less
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNDecember 2, 2014
Sound leadership culture with strong desire to win. Acquires top talent at all levels with strong advancement opportunities.
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, – more... with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections – less
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: management tight control no independent thinking
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: everything else
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. – more... old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT? – less
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons: opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
good
chemical mixer opt (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2012
i enjoy my work.i m there to put my best afford.help each other to reach the goal.since i start working with them we are hitting our target every week..giving them new ideas.work smarter not harder.
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons: 12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
Envirennement excellent et professionnel
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee), Québec, QCJune 14, 2012
Pros: evolution de carriere et equibre vie professionnel
Cons: mon opinion pas de point negatif
* La journee de travail et agreable pleine provocation.
* Pas de limite pour developpement.
* Le management excellent et professionnel
* Son tres serviable et efficase
* Reparation de lave vaisselle
* De rencontre les clients , offrire un excellent service,rencontrer
different categorie de gents et de professions.

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more