Ecolab Employee Reviews

Very Challenging and demanding environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2017
Pay was average to good. Very little work life balance. Constantly changing programs with favor of the month initiatives.

Became very aggressive with focus on growth.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
Very demanding
just a short review
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
the company itself is very large which means there's plenty of opportunities to advance. in the sales role the hours are flexible but extremely long if you want to be successful. the pay is okay for the amount of hours you work and the benefits are decent.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
very long hours
Friendly place to work!
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
When I started, things were really disorganized and I was able to use my strong computer skills to ensure the monthly statements and analysis were prepared. The hardest part of the position was that there was no procedures documented.
TM in Edmonton Market Instituional
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2017
Little support from management in Edmonton market. Coworkers were eager to help as they are in the same boat of being on call 24 hrs a day, Area manager was disconnected as some workers during my tenure there were lazy and their territories were in terrible shape and when i was on call on weekends for the entire Edmonton area (10 times a year 24 hrs a day) you worked your butt off. In the neglected territories no less. Lots of turnover as the company has difficulty retaining people. Money was poor as the start salary is 44K a year. I was Presidents Club twice and was refused a transfer because a lazy boss stood in my way.
Pros
Freedom and a boss that is out of touch. Dead end job
Cons
24 hrs on call and lousy money.
Lots of work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2016
Hard to be on call 5 days a week 24 hours.
Tough to be a sales person as well as a technician.
They teach and treat there employees awesome.
Hard with a young family
Pros
Good money and training
Cons
On call 24 hours 5 days a week
Do not work here....EVER!
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 October 2016
This company has the worst management. You will get zero support and will be expected to work day and night. Only work here if you are very desperate for a job. Then get trained and move on as fast as you can!
Pros
Cons
Regional and district managers.
Awesome culture
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
People at Ecolab are extremely helpful and supportive, regardless of which department they work for. When I have a question, I do not have to talk to more than 2 people to get my issue resolved.
Work environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
Comfortable workplace, friendly staff, good salary, good location, easy access.
While working at Ecolab I learned that a good relationship with your supervisor, and coworkers is the key to a successful and healthy work environment.
Good Multinational Company
National Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
The culture is very friendly, everyone dresses in full suit and ties all day long, very professional. Great Job Security once you're in and excellent career pathing.
Encouraging Place and very motivated team; very good co-workers and was a place for advancement
Pricing and Rebate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
Ecolab company was a wonderful place, very motivated team and was a wonderful and fun place to work. Wonderful opportunities to grow and lot of opportunities for advancement.

Want to know more about Ecolab?

Ask a question
Mechanical Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
Awesome people to work with and overall fun job. Would gladly work there again if given the opportunity. Not much job advancement however.
Pros
Cons
commute is too long
Overall great company to work for
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2016
long days
have a lot of different machines that you stock parts for
some of the new field staff are inexperienced so some days were challenging helping them fix machines. The rest of the guys were great and and we would help each other out. I will not comment on the management. Thats a private conversation
Pros
flexable work hours, good benefits
Cons
territories are too big to manage effectivly
Get out while you are ahead
Gérant de Territoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 March 2016
Ecolab was a great job for the first 3 years of employement. After making budget for 3 consecutive years, I had multipule problems with alocation of sales to my accounts. Management did not help after numerous attempts to rectify the situation by myself. They then used this reason to cut my employement. My 4th year I had 97% sales. During my 5th year I was at 91%, and my missing sales would maybe not have put me at 100%, but very close.

Good job for 2-3 years.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
If management wants you gone. then you're gone
Great company to work for .
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2016
One stayed busy from morning to night. Besides daily, weekly and monthly work plans and scheduling the on call 24/7 for service maintenance was a requirement. Monthly budgets and annual budgets were also a requirement. The hardest part of the job was to be interrupted during family time and have to go on an emergency service call. I learned with this company how to manage not only my time but the customers needs. I could only sell what I believe in and my job was to ensure use cost was the important ingredient to save money with this program and products for the customer. The traveling was fun and I managed to enjoy the trips and scenery as I enjoy driving.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and not trapped in an office
Cons
24/7 emergency on call and no weekends or evenings ever free unless vacation.
Prove productive and different
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2016
Remain busy in work all the time.
There are times when you are tired, but you get impetus from co-workers who are example for working all the time.
The best company I ever worked for, fun, productive and well liked.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices, expenses and payments
Investigate and resolve outstanding concerns in a timely manner.
Handle all confidential and time-sensitive material proficiently.
Responsible for ensuring proper approvals are in place and investigate any issues regarding reports.
Checked figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
Ensure invoices and purchase order information was matched.
Ensured that invoices were paid in accordance with vendor terms and corporate policy.
Ensured proper maintenance of customer records.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good for part time job.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2015
Good experience. Cool management and you are just required to meet the target and you can work the way you want to get the job done.
Pros
Easy Work.
Cons
Boring as you work alone and you cannot even talk to people.
Great corporate culture
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2015
No 2 days are alike, the only constant is change. My manager and upper management is great. I've learned a great deal regarding various management styles and managing self. The company overall is a good culture and they have a lot to offer. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding out the customers needs, finding a solution and creating proposals based on my findings.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
24/7 on-call
Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2015
The ability to multi-task is essential to their fast paced environment. Your hard work is acknowledged and salary and benefits are well.
Pros
Cafeteria food is amazing
Cons
Staring at the computer screen all day long
Very good culture where people were supportive
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario23 June 2015
This was a position where I had to learn procedures by myself; a large part of my position was identifying cost centers and expenses for invoices. In addition, I also had to reconcile the inventory accounts between the costing system and the general ledger.

Management was very open and willing to assist in any way possible. The hardest part of the job was not having any procedures in place, and the most enjoyable was the interaction with other people in the department and other departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval