Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was used just to work here for three months
Pick/Order -Shipper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
Basically I was hired as a pick/order and was only with the company for 3 months. I asked for one week off to go overseas to my brother's wedding and I was told there was no problem with that. About several weeks before the wedding I get a letter saying that they did not need me after I came back from the wedding and that I violated the contract. This would have helped If they would have let me know at that time, instead of saying it was ok in the first place. The pay was good at $23.50 hr, but apparently when I was talking with the other employees they said it is a hard company to get into. This one employee told me he was working there for a year and they only kept him because the guy he was replacing had cancer and they did not know when he was coming back, another guy started a week before me and basically was replacing someone who just retired from the company. So it was bad timing on my part. Such was my fate.
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNDecember 2, 2014
Sound leadership culture with strong desire to win. Acquires top talent at all levels with strong advancement opportunities.
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: management tight control no independent thinking
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: everything else
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT?
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons: opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
good
chemical mixer opt (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2012
i enjoy my work.i m there to put my best afford.help each other to reach the goal.since i start working with them we are hitting our target every week..giving them new ideas.work smarter not harder.
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons: 12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
More bad than good
District Manager (Current Employee), Las VegasJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 401k and stock purchase
Cons: no work life balance they expect 24/7 365 day availability as a manager
They set their budgets extremely high. If you exceed your budget by a few points you are in the top 20% automatically. They expect you to be available every day including weekends and they push like no other company. However, the compensation does not match the demands of the job.
Long boring shifts.
Bulk filler (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: decent start wage.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Long boring 12 hour shifts filling pails. The management and workers are friendly. Room for advancement.
Consistently short staffed, asking too much of loyal people, joke regarding work/life balance
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee), SpokaneJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: company car, decent benefits
Cons: short sighted management, me first mentality, no team work, so support.
Ecolab, in the Northwest, particularly in Spokane, has been miss-managed for a generation. What, in most parts of the country, is a viable and thriving enterprise, is, in this area, a complete catastrophe.
The District Manager position has NEVER been filled by a person with a college degree, which is mandatory for all positions. This creates an educational dysfunction which is difficult to get over. The examples of this are epic. Consider working as an outside sales person and getting a phone call from your boss, oh, maybe twice a month, and only when he wants you to drop everything and cover a call he is responsible for. Why can't he cover it? Either he's drunk, high, or can't get his pants back on. District Meetings, supposed to be held once a month, are cast aside unless the Area Manager inserts himself, and then a hastily under-prepared meeting is arranged, catered by the local Circle K. Seriously.
I may be jaded, as I was terminated after 10 years, because of a 'mysterious' customer complaint. I actually tried to hold the district to some standards, but obviously, I was interfering with the boss's party, or, more aptly, I was harshing his mellow.
I would not refer anyone in the Spokane area to work for this company. Seriously, you can hear the carnival music if you listen closely.
We had open positions for three years, and during that time, the local team had to cover, and the compensation to do so was cheated on and minimal. Covering open territories shorted us each on time to get our own jobs done, and then we would be penalized for not getting our jobs completed to specs. Working for Ecolab is a no win situation.
In reveiw
Material Handler/Receiving (Former Employee), Beloit, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: very dependable, hard worker, easy to get along with
Cons: can't think of any
I am a team player with co-workers very responsible in my job duties assigned.I am a very safety orientated worker.I am willing to take on easy task to hard ones.My attendance is great.I am always willing to learn more than my position assigned to be more flexible to handle the company needs.
ecolab
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJanuary 14, 2015
too many hours for a mother of 2. too many hours for a mother of 2. too many hours for a mother of 2
You will be worked like a dog.
Territory Manager - Institutional (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: weekend coverage. micro managed. hours vs pay never adds up. thankless work.
Your annual salary is not what you get paid. It is a guesstimate that no one can explain. Commission only position that they won't tell you either.

After training you go on the "plan" and for the first month you are not paid and nobody tells you that. Everyone is vague about it because they know it will be hard for you for a month.

You will pay out more in fuel from your own pocket than you are reimbursed to drive a company car.

You get to work on commercial dish machines in foul kitchens. It's awesome.

Little boys club. Locker room feel.
Exciting working environment with different peronalities
District O2C Manager (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXJanuary 6, 2015
A typical work day is coming in every morning, checking emails for new sales orders and processing them. This was my first oil and gas position. I learned valuable information to be able to take with me to further my career. I managed 7 employees in 4 different locations. I enjoyed my co-workers, but had to keep the manager/employee relationship. The hardest part of my job was traveling so much. The most enjoyable part was the people interaction and problem solving.
Job itself is interesting and challenging other supervisors are difficult to work with
Production Supervisor II (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: interesting place to work, able to learn lean principles, and the upper mangement for the most part are helpful
Cons: hostile work environment promoted by senior supervisors
The job itself is interesting and challenging. The upper management team is helpful and easy to work with.. The company promotes a leadership development program which hires supervisors fresh out of college. This proves to be a challenge due to constant churn of moving people from department to department every 18 months due to the LDP rotation. The company is now trying to hire Production Supervisors with experience, however, if you are hired as a Production Supervisor II be prepared for the hostility from the senior supervisors hired in the early 1990's. This is the worst part of the job.
Steady workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awesome breakroom
Cons: hard work floors, dust flying everywhere
Ecolab is a great job to have temporarily. I would have loved to stay at ecolab if it was a permanent job and payed more. Other then that, ecolab is a great place to work for. A typical day at work is breaking down a pallet and checking boxes for leaks. Then you restack the boxes on a different pallet and rewrap them. Management is great. They just want to make sure everything down efficiently and timely. There isn't anything hard about this job at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go on break. The breakroom is temperatured and the warehouse is not.
Horrible company to work for unless you want to be a slave!
Waste-water Treatment (Current Employee), Eastern territory, USDecember 9, 2014
Cons: no lunches or breaks and always on edge
This company expected you to work 60-80 hour weeks with no over time, management is a total joke. There is always the threat that you are just about to lose your job. Department mangers are the worst I have ever worked with.

December 22, 2014

I also worked in this department, it was the most horrible experience of my life. The upper management is a joke, and they are simply run by scary under qualified yes men.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more