Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, – more... with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections – less
great fortune 500 company
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great corporate culture
Cons: management tight control no independent thinking
Great company learned a lot on the hospitality industry.
Only left when I transferred from Toronto to Calgary. Started my own business.
Extremely poor management
Territory Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: everything else
great company to work for if you enjoy never being acknowledged,
Management is extremely poor, it is definitely the "old boys cub".
Company has a history of mass terminations every year in December. Good luck
If you like sales, you can become successful
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
Unfortunately I am not a salesperson so this career path did not work out for me.
The benefits and some of the perks are great.
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. – more... old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT? – less
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons: opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons: 12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
Work freedom yet very organized and indendent
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Abilene, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: too much driving
I have had 2 months of training here in Texas and including North Carolina. I work by myself everyday and make my own schedule. I travel all over north and west Texas doing food and safety audits, as well as fixing equipment. I love meeting new people and traveling to new places.
Slave labor
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: poor compensation, no advancement
This company does not compensate fairly, in fact they were forced to back pay Territory Representatives during a three year stretch that was reported to fair labor board. Company tries to sell you on their vehicle reimbursement.
ambitious, dedicated and reliable
Service Specialist (Current Employee), southNovember 16, 2014
Pros: flexiable working day
Cons: limited chance for promotion
to attend routine calls along with callouts and followups.

provide sales team with leads to generate extra company income

working within a dedicated and friendly team
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 15, 2014
You have to be available for work 24/7. They don't pay any overtime either.
had good experience driving a fork lift truck counter balance and wrapping on a machine
Temp with a agency (Former Employee), Trafford parkNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: non
I drove a f.l.t c/b taking pallets to the wrapping machine then putting away in the locations ready for distribution
Great People, work hard but rewarded
Collections (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Love this company but it was a temp job.
Did collections, recons, posted cash
ok
Manual labor
flexible hours
Job security
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: growth opportuniies
Cons: on call
Working in the institutional division of Ecolab is very hands on so knowledge of simple mechanics, plumbing, and electrical helps. The company provides a complex support structure so help is never hard to find, if you do not learn something during training than the Ecolab technical service department will guide you to troubleshooting solutions. The – more... Route Sales Managers position requires them to manage an assigned route and provide additional sanitation solutions to the network of clients they oversee. The sales aspect paired with the maintenance role will keep an RSM with plenty of job security. – less
What a change over the last few years, and not in a good away
Bug guy (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: company vehicle you take home, work from home
Cons: absolutely no work life balance. terrible management
What a terrible work/life balance. Working all day, then all night, then all weekend, too. In CA, they have a Rube Goldberg equation to figure your hourly pay. That means working yourself to death, and often times off the clock or risk making $10/hr or less. Or turn a really profitable week and make $18/hr

This used to be a great company to work for – more... before some management changes at the regional level. Now, anytime a customer is upset, we give them everything for free. Guess what happens to your weekly profitability and hourly wages. That's okay, maybe you can make it up with a weekend duty, maybe 18 or 20 hours a day. Double time sure makes $10/hr go a bit farther. If you like forced overtime.

How about the training program? If an employee quits today, by the time they hire and train a new guy, figure 12 months out before they can put him to work. Now, the corporate spin is that we get better employees... But what ends up happening is the guys who have been around for a bit shoulder the burden of open routes until they're burned out or choose to go on disability... Often for mental health reasons.

Is this the sort of place you want to work?

Maybe when they paid a living wage, but not anymore – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility, healthcare, growth potential, vehicle provided, team work.
Cons: exposure to chemicals, on the job safety.
My position at Ecolab provide me with the opportunity to learn about and became appreciative of other people culture. I serviced high end customer in mid town Manhattan, for example, Macy's Herald Square
where with the support from management and coworkers allowed us to eliminate the challenges the facility had with pest. This focus on team work, "one – more... team, one goal," was the most important aspect the company's culture and one that will remain with me throughout my career. Eliminating pest from a large facility is extremely challenging but with the resources provided by management and the co-operation and understanding from customers made my task a success. The most enjoyable part of this experience was been able to educate my customers through one and one meetings with management and doing presentations for the employees in order to gain their trust and support. Working with Ecolab has a huge impact on my enthusiasm in surging ahead with my career change. The ability to quickly find solutions for different pest issues, the process of implementing a corrective plan and the benefits of making customers happy is an approach that will serve well in the Finance Industry. – less
good company
liquid chemical mixer (Current Employee), Garland, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: short break, hot
poor management and under paid.union plant as well. i learned to different types of chemicals.
Ecolab
Sr Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), St Paul MNOctober 18, 2014
Pros: freedom flexibility
Cons: hours, earning potential
• Develop and enhance existing relationships with customers while working independently and maintaining your own schedule
• Provide food safety, sanitation advice, education and training
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an extern at Ecolab
Law Extern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 15, 2014
• Wrote memoranda for the general legal counsel for many litigation and compliance issues
• Oversaw collaboration of document-retention policies for Nalco and Champion
• Evaluated developments in legal holds, employment law, and securities regulations

1 2 3 4 5

About Ecolab

A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy – Read more