Ecolab Employee Reviews

Do not work here....EVER!
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 October 2016
This company has the worst management. You will get zero support and will be expected to work day and night. Only work here if you are very desperate for a job. Then get trained and move on as fast as you can!
Pros
Cons
Regional and district managers.
Encouraging Place and very motivated team; very good co-workers and was a place for advancement
Pricing and Rebate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
Ecolab company was a wonderful place, very motivated team and was a wonderful and fun place to work. Wonderful opportunities to grow and lot of opportunities for advancement.
Work environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
Comfortable workplace, friendly staff, good salary, good location, easy access.
While working at Ecolab I learned that a good relationship with your supervisor, and coworkers is the key to a successful and healthy work environment.
Awesome culture
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
People at Ecolab are extremely helpful and supportive, regardless of which department they work for. When I have a question, I do not have to talk to more than 2 people to get my issue resolved.
Good Multinational Company
National Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
The culture is very friendly, everyone dresses in full suit and ties all day long, very professional. Great Job Security once you're in and excellent career pathing.
Overall great company to work for
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2016
long days
have a lot of different machines that you stock parts for
some of the new field staff are inexperienced so some days were challenging helping them fix machines. The rest of the guys were great and and we would help each other out. I will not comment on the management. Thats a private conversation
Pros
flexable work hours, good benefits
Cons
territories are too big to manage effectivly
Get out while you are ahead
Gérant de Territoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 March 2016
Ecolab was a great job for the first 3 years of employement. After making budget for 3 consecutive years, I had multipule problems with alocation of sales to my accounts. Management did not help after numerous attempts to rectify the situation by myself. They then used this reason to cut my employement. My 4th year I had 97% sales. During my 5th year I was at 91%, and my missing sales would maybe not have put me at 100%, but very close.

Good job for 2-3 years.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
If management wants you gone. then you're gone
Mechanical Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
Awesome people to work with and overall fun job. Would gladly work there again if given the opportunity. Not much job advancement however.
Pros
Cons
commute is too long
Great company to work for .
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2016
One stayed busy from morning to night. Besides daily, weekly and monthly work plans and scheduling the on call 24/7 for service maintenance was a requirement. Monthly budgets and annual budgets were also a requirement. The hardest part of the job was to be interrupted during family time and have to go on an emergency service call. I learned with this company how to manage not only my time but the customers needs. I could only sell what I believe in and my job was to ensure use cost was the important ingredient to save money with this program and products for the customer. The traveling was fun and I managed to enjoy the trips and scenery as I enjoy driving.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and not trapped in an office
Cons
24/7 emergency on call and no weekends or evenings ever free unless vacation.
The best company I ever worked for, fun, productive and well liked.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices, expenses and payments
Investigate and resolve outstanding concerns in a timely manner.
Handle all confidential and time-sensitive material proficiently.
Responsible for ensuring proper approvals are in place and investigate any issues regarding reports.
Checked figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
Ensure invoices and purchase order information was matched.
Ensured that invoices were paid in accordance with vendor terms and corporate policy.
Ensured proper maintenance of customer records.
Pros
Free Lunches
Prove productive and different
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2016
Remain busy in work all the time.
There are times when you are tired, but you get impetus from co-workers who are example for working all the time.
Great corporate culture
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2015
No 2 days are alike, the only constant is change. My manager and upper management is great. I've learned a great deal regarding various management styles and managing self. The company overall is a good culture and they have a lot to offer. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding out the customers needs, finding a solution and creating proposals based on my findings.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
24/7 on-call
Very good culture where people were supportive
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario23 June 2015
This was a position where I had to learn procedures by myself; a large part of my position was identifying cost centers and expenses for invoices. In addition, I also had to reconcile the inventory accounts between the costing system and the general ledger.

Management was very open and willing to assist in any way possible. The hardest part of the job was not having any procedures in place, and the most enjoyable was the interaction with other people in the department and other departments.
Good for part time job.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2015
Good experience. Cool management and you are just required to meet the target and you can work the way you want to get the job done.
Pros
Easy Work.
Cons
Boring as you work alone and you cannot even talk to people.
Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2015
The ability to multi-task is essential to their fast paced environment. Your hard work is acknowledged and salary and benefits are well.
Pros
Cafeteria food is amazing
Cons
Staring at the computer screen all day long
Long days and very little management support...only as good as your last deal
assistant vice president (Former Employee) –  Canada11 February 2013
Do not expect to advance if you are not well liked by a senior manager and do not possess an MBA. Top 3 per cent are getting wealthy while the bottom of the pyramid does the heavy lifting! If you like to be treated with respect and value life balance this is not for you. Keep looking outside EGOLAB!
Pros
large cash rich company with strong growth
Cons
opportunities are limited to select groups and the young mba crowd!
stress and politics culture.
clerk (Former Employee) –  toronto10 March 2013
if you love stress, domination of co-workers, ethnic loyalty, creating trouble for others, if u got misreable personal life and want to take it out on co-workers, ya ECOLAB is the place to work.

ecolab got nothing new, no innovation, stone ages work methods, years old used machines in use, cutting costs is very important and employees not important. old grumpy employees dont want better methods of working, they are that LAZY, dont want to learn.

work in ecolab and marry stress, not your hubby or boyfriend. You are just 1 employee who can be replaced at any time. Even if you slaved for 25 years, SO WHAT?
benefits
Cons
politics, stress, ethnic groups, high work pressure, zero respect
Lost its appeal!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2012
For a company that was so steaped in its culture at one point and time, it has gone down dramatically. Work/life balance is unheard of. Management behaves with little integrity and continue to further their careers at the expense of their people. Constant push for more and working within a thankless industry will take its toll.
Pros
decent pay if you work hard and a company car
Cons
12-16 hour days to get to that "decent pay"
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2014
Review and release customer orders based on cut off times.
Collect on all outstanding balances.
Deal with customer concerns in a timely fashion
Work closely with the manger, corporate accounts and upper management with any concerns with the customer to make sure that the customers needs are met and we get paid
Looked after 1400 accounts at one time, with some of them very high profile and demanding.
The most satisfy part of the job was building customer relationships and receiving payment for outstanding invoices.
The hardest part of the job was getting someone to pay there bill if I couldn't get them on the phone.
Being able to multi task as different situations are brought to your attention.. (working on one account and then another issue needs to be addressed asap.
Worked with third party collection agency when accounts were sent to collections
Was used just to work here for three months
Pick/Order -Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
Basically I was hired as a pick/order and was only with the company for 3 months. I asked for one week off to go overseas to my brother's wedding and I was told there was no problem with that. About several weeks before the wedding I get a letter saying that they did not need me after I came back from the wedding and that I violated the contract. This would have helped If they would have let me know at that time, instead of saying it was ok in the first place. The pay was good at $23.50 hr, but apparently when I was talking with the other employees they said it is a hard company to get into. This one employee told me he was working there for a year and they only kept him because the guy he was replacing had cancer and they did not know when he was coming back, another guy started a week before me and basically was replacing someone who just retired from the company. So it was bad timing on my part. Such was my fate.