With a B.Sc. degree in biology or a related field of study plus 3 or more years of relevant experience, you are a highly skilled and competent technical biologist who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial consulting environment. Your ability to provide technical expertise while ensuring client satisfaction through exceptional communication practices makes you a great fit for the multidisciplinary team at Ecofish.
The Wildlife Biologist position is permanent, full-time and works under the direction of the Senior Wildlife Biologist in our Courtenay, British Columbia office. This position involves strenuous fieldwork in remote areas for extended time periods, numerous trips from late spring to early fall, and occasional winter work. We are looking for a long-term fit with someone who wants to grow their career with a leading edge environmental consulting firm. The wage for this position is commensurate with experience.
- You will lead the design, planning and execution of terrestrial and/or wildlife programs and studies focused on wildlife, but also including water quality, climate, fisheries, and aquatic resources, and other environmental information.
- You will summarize and analyze data to draw conclusions on baseline environmental conditions, and use these results with inference to the scientific literature to make defensible conclusions about the status of the environment and the potential effects of anticipated natural and anthropogenic influences.
- You will document these results in written reports and present the results to clients and stakeholder groups in regulatory meetings.
- You will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, taking the lead on specific tasks, taking direction on others, and collaborating with your colleagues to maximize work productivity and quality.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, seeking out further information or clarification when needed
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and adhere to strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills to work within a project team
- Efficient, thorough and detail-oriented
- Desire to learn and receive constructive criticism
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and exercise sound judgment
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, integrity, and hard work. Our compensation plan is competitive and there are great opportunities for growth and advancement.
Please email resume to our company referencing Wildlife Biologist in the subject line. Include cover letter stating software programs experience, available start date, and salary expectations.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in this position; only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviewing will be ongoing and a hiring decision is expected by early March, but will be made as soon as we find the right fit.
About Ecofish Research Ltd.
Based in the beautiful Comox Valley, British Columbia and with offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Squamish and Saskatoon, Ecofish Research Ltd. are experts in environmental impact assessment, mitigation, compensation, and monitoring. We provide field and analytical services to government and industry on fisheries, aquatic, wildlife, terrestrial, and marine ecology issues.
With a team of experienced skilled professionals, including biologists, hydrologists, chemists and environmental technicians, we offer a broad range of environmental services including study design, data collection and analysis, reporting, training, strategic advice, agency liaison, environmental management planning, mitigation and compensation planning and environmental monitoring. Ecofish serves government and First Nations clients, as well as the hydroelectric, mining, forestry and municipal development industries.