EcoHealth Canada Resource Centre Inc, Operating as EcoHealth Resources & Wellness Centre, has an opening for an Executive Director, Health and Wellness. We offer our culturally diverse community a wide range of wellness programs and services within the region of Durham and beyond.
Position: Executive Director, Health & Wellness
Reports To: CEO
Status: Full Time Regular Start: January 2013
The Executive Director is responsible for building and implementing effective Health and Wellness programs that meet the goals and values of EcoHealth Canada Resource Centre Inc. (EcoHealth Resources & Wellness Centre). The Executive Director Health and Wellness will provide strategic and operational leadership to ensure optimal program design and service delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Progressive management and leadership experience of greater than 10 years.
- Postgraduate level of studying/experience promoting business administration and leadership acumen
- Knowledge and experience of the principles, theories and practices of successful program design
- International and regional healthcare management of diverse health and wellness services, including wellness preparation based on best practice of established international service delivery models e.g. UK Health service
- Management experience and knowledge of services pertaining to health and wellness related topics affecting a diverse community including: - housing, nutrition, exercise, strokes/TIA, cardiac care, ophthalmology, diabetes and rehabilitation
- Experience of developing and implementing health and wellness programs and related information to promote worksite and community wellness and awareness
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge in leading and supporting a variety of continuous diverse wellness initiatives, recruitments and retention programs,
- Successful collaborative working across organisations, inter-professional teams and targeted communities in order to implement health and wellness strategies
- Event management and fundraising experience for health and wellness promotion awareness, activities, community outreach, celebrations and conferences
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and negotiating skills.
- A team player, willing to listen, coach, advise and transfer knowledge. A systems thinker.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in conjunction with strong people leadership skills. Capable of setting performance standards, exhibiting mature judgment, and managing a team toward meeting and exceeding Wellness objectives.
- Project management and implementation of multiple projects incorporating stakeholders including e-health
- Effective resource management and planning including clinical areas, equipment, patient information, budgets
- Demonstrates the ability to support and champion change, anticipates and deals effectively with resistance to change and demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops implements and monitors a health and wellness strategy that is aligned with the overall vision, mission, values and goals of the organization.
- Responsible to provide oversight, coordination and facilitation of high quality clinical practice.
- To manage the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all clinical programs and services including human and financial resources.
- Creates a highly focused customer service culture within the teams. Educates, mentors and evaluates the teams to ensure that they are providing effective, best practice, timely and customer focused service to all clients and partners.
- Oversees the design, implementation and maintenance of human resources and occupational health safety & wellness initiatives, processes and programs in all areas of human resources and occupational health safety & wellness management.
- Acts as a human resources and occupational health safety & wellness subject matter expert.
- Provides expertise, advice and guidance to EcoHealth staff on all matters related to recruitment and retention practices and workforce planning. Plays an integral leadership role in the development of an overall people strategy.
- Educates the organization about the merits of performance evaluation and metrics.
- Is one of the Representatives of the organization in front of various 3rd party tribunals, Labour Relations Board and/or the Ontario Health associations.
- Works with system partners to build strategic human resource capacity while optimizing resource utilization.
Indeed - 6 months ago