SUMMARY OF POSITION
The incumbent will have a hands-on role, responsible for product design. He/she will design structural, piping and vessel components and provide day-to-day mechanical engineering input. The incumbent will also monitor the workflow to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met.
1) Provide mechanical design of systems/equipment for purchasing and fabrication in accordance with applicable client specifications, industrial codes/standards, recommended practices, and Eco-Tec procedures and standards. The design activity entails development of layouts, piping drawings, skid frame and supports, pneumatics, part descriptions and Bills of Material.
2) Evaluate, select, and design systems that include:
- pressure vessels (beds, filters, reservoirs, etc.),
- pumps, blowers, compressors, mixers, etc.,
- heat exchangers, condensers, evaporators, etc.,
- valves (isolation, flow regulation, safety and relief etc.),
- instrument and measurement and control devices.
3) Project management for large contracts focusing primarily on the internal and external communications to ensure effective execution of work and change management.
4) Preparation of project documentation in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
5) Recommend and develop product design improvements.
6) Document quality standards for systems/equipment/documentation.
7) Recommend and evaluate new components, train personnel on the use of the new components and inspect major components.
8) Equipment costing, review of tendering specifications and related documentation.
9) Provide support to other departments through technical advice, completion of corrective and preventative action requests and periodic on-site assistance.
Education: University Degree Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Tech. College Diploma. P. Eng. required for Design Engineer.
Experience: 5 – 10 Years + related experience; pressure vessel or piping design experience is required.
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, select and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others.
- Must have excellent leadership/supervisory skills, communication (written/verbal) and analytical decision making skills.
- 3D parametric design software experience required (Creo/ProE preferred).
- 2D drafting software experience (AutoCAD preferred).
- Capable of performing engineering calculations and writing reports.
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs within 3D software.
- Understand and apply principles of ASME code (primarily Sec VIII, B31.1, B31.3
- Overtime will be required. Some limited travel.
Please Submit a cover letter and resume quoting job # 601-MD
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2013
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Why Choose Eco-Tec?
Made up of passionate, highly skilled professionals, Eco-Tec strives to offer an exciting and nurturing work environment – with an emphasis on growth and innovation. We believe in providing complete training and reimbursement of education needed for you to excel in your career. Our goal is to be the best at what we do and we know it takes the best employees to get there – our culture reflects that.