SUMMARY OF POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for procuring accurate product designs, information, calculations, etc. to internal and external customers on time and within budget.
1) Prepare electrical and control designs of systems and equipment for fabrication. The design activity entails development of electrical and instrumentations systems, panel layouts, pneumatics, part descriptions, Bills of Material, installation instructions, P & ID’s, ISA data sheets and manuals.
2) Research, evaluate, select and draft systems designs where applicable, for components such as control panels, instrumentation, wiring and cables, MCC’s, starters, overloads, etc.
3) Prepare additional project documentation such as single line diagrams, loop drawings, data sheets, etc. as required.
4) Develop control logic and specification for control equipment for various processes.
5) Develop PLC programs for various collectors that may be used such as Allen Bradley, General Electric, Siemens, etc.
6) Develop programs for Human Machine Interfaces and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems such as Panelmate, Panelview, etc.
7) Integrate industrial data communications of our systems with customers’ existing or future network configurations.
8) Certify the design literature when required and ensure excellent accuracy of all design work generated and specify acceptable tolerances.
9) Provide support and input into the project HAZOP reviews.
10) Plan and schedule activities, evaluate best value alternatives, strictly adhere to approved schedule and budget.
11) Provide extensive support to the Materials group to facilitate procurement of parts and to the Manufacturing group to facilitate the fabrication process.
12) Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs as well as to standard drawings and documents.
13) Review bid specifications from customers and assist in technical preparations for tendering and proposals.
14) Prepare installation specification for contractors, evaluate their offers, and ensure proper coordination of their activities with the project.
15) Engage actively in the development of new products and continuous improvement of existing products ensure proper component evaluations and design verifications.
16) Propose and suggest technical and non-technical procedural improvements.
17) Visit suppliers’ and customers’ sites for inspections, evaluations, supervisions, etc.
Electrical Technologist Diploma or University Degree in Electrical Engineering; P.Eng. an asset.
5+ years experience in electrical and control systems design for self contained or skid mounted equipment; must have worked in manufacturing environment.
- Strong electrical aptitude, logical thinker, detail-oriented, superior command of the English language (verbal & written), independent decision maker, strong organizational skills, flexible, team player.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office), AutoCAD Electrical, multi-tasker, quick learner.
- Able to work overtime when necessary; some limited travel.
Please Submit a cover letter and resume quoting job # 601-ED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 30, 2013
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Eco-Tec is a global industry leader, taking pride in manufacturing excellence of industrial water and chemical treatment systems for over 40...