Position: Senior Oracle Specialist DBA
Position Type: Permanent Employee
Level of effort: Full time \
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Senior Oracle Specialist DBA will, as part of our Eclipsys Solution Team, provide expert consulting for all aspects of Eclipsys’ database, engineered systems, and application infrastructure to a variety of clients.
OVERVIEW – Oracle on Oracle Project assignments may include (but in no way limited to);
- System, database and overall architecture design
- Installation and patching of various Oracle versions
- Oracle Configuration and standards management
- Oracle Security and Compliance
- HA solutions such as RAC
- Oracle Database upgrade, migration and consolidation
- Oracle Engineered System integration (ODA, Exadata)
- Oracle Advanced features implementation
- Oracle Performance Tuning and optimization, SQL tuning, monitoring
- Oracle backup, recovery,cloning solutions and integration with third party backup
- Patching, Maintenance, Manageability and Administration and change control
- Distributed solutions such as Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Streams
- Oracle database capacity planning
- Oracle Disaster recovery solutions
- Data Modeling
- Oracle cloud solutions
Understanding, diagnosing and solving challenging Oracle technology problems will keep you sharp! Designing, implementing and supporting advanced Oracle on Oracle technology deployments will cement your status as a trusted mentor and advisor amongst the team and clients alike!
Finally, the position encompasses 4 different types of activities:
- Solutions delivery
- Presales activities
- Activities to build our business (ex: service productization)
- Training to ensure your skills continue to evolve
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experienced in Database Design and Administration as described in Overview above plus:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Oracle Database Administration
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases
- Recommendation of best practices for improvements to current operational processes and procedures Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc.
- Deep understanding of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Automatic Storage management (ASM) and experience with installations/patching/administration and troubleshooting of RAC solutions
- Develop methods for monitoring, deep knowledge and practical experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g and 12c and various plug-in
- Experience with physical and logical standbys and various options
- Experience interfacing with clients
- Installation, configuration, patching, duplication/cloning, and upgrading of Oracle Databases
- Administration and troubleshooting of various Oracle versions specially 10g and 11g.
- Design and implementation of various Oracle backup/recovery strategies (RMAN, export/import)
- Navigating and interfacing with Oracle technical support
- Oracle advanced features such as storage optimizations, compression, FGAC, flashback
Nice to have:
- Experience with Oracle replication specially Oracle GoldenGate
- Experience with Oracle Engineered system specially ODA and Exadata and specific features
- OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) for 10g or 11g
- Knowledge on Oracle tools, Diagnostic and SQL Tuning advisory, Oracle Real application testing
- Knowledge on various layers of Oracle stack such as Oracle Apps, Oracle Middleware, Oracle Storage, Oracle Virtualization and Oracle system.
- Knowledge on Oracle Weblogic and Exalogic engineered system
- Knowledge on Oracle cloud offerings
- Knowledge of Integration of heterogeneous environment
- Knowledge of Oracle application server and Fusion Middleware components
- Knowledge of Oracle VM
- Experience with different *Nix Operating systems
- Project Management, time management, scheduling and coordination skills
- Linux/Unix, Shell and Perl scripting
- Aptitude for troubleshooting operational problems, including performance
- Past social media participation (Tweets, Blogs, Webinars)
- Interfacing with customers, strong customer service focus with the ability to manage customer expectations and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivated and directed, while working in a challenging, dynamic work environment
- Keen attention to detail along with superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Very effective organizational skills and the ability to work solo or as part of a team
- Potential for short notice travel
- The candidate must spend long hours in intense concentration
- Ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Must attain and maintain key certifications required of the position
- Ability to contribute Solutions for proposals
WORKING HOURS: Daytime hours, extended availability as required. Some work from home office is possible.
TRAVEL: Up to 25% travel is required within Canada. Wherever possible local and remote engagements will be priority objective.
Minimum requirement: undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology other related field from an accredited university in conjunction with certifications in Oracle technologies.
Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Eclipsys Solutions Inc., (formerly Maplesoft Technology) is a Canadian-based systems integrator delivering complex technology projects and professional services for a multitude of private and public sector clients. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Eclipsys has branch offices in Toronto and Montreal. We strive to help our customers successfully address their most complex business challenges through strategic planning, development, implementation and integration of highly innovative, flexible and customizable solutions and services that integrate business processes and information technology. We create cutting-edge solutions for our clients by combining professional services capabilities with strategic technology partnerships to produce complete, integrated systems and business solution.
Building on strategic partnerships with technology companies including Oracle, Mitel Networks, Wesley Clover and others, Eclipsys' Technology Solutions afford our customers best-in-class hardware, software and telecom products services. We select world-class technology manufacturers and form strategic alliances – vertical partnerships and a practice model which offer our clients deep expertise in innovative technology. We combine our product offerings with proven, experienced professional services resources and project management to deliver scalable solutions, on-time and on-budget.
Eclipsys is an Oracle Platinum Partner, globally recognized as one of the highest levels of distinction within the Oracle Partner Network, and has one of the largest Oracle exclusive practices in Canada.
Eclipsys won the following three partner awards announced at Oracle Open World in October 2012:
- 2012 Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year – Global: Eclipsys Solutions – Server & Storage;
- 2012 Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year – North America: Eclipsys Solutions – Server and Storage; and Eclipsys Solutions – Hardware Momentum.
Eclipsys' technology practices include Oracle Cloud Optimization; Oracle Middleware; Oracle Engineered Systems; Oracle Database; and Oracle Hardware. Eclipsys works closely with clients to create and deliver cloud services that fit their business requirements, whether that includes on-site provisioning of hardware and software at your facility to create a private cloud, or physical data center optimization – all the way through to the creation, management and delivery of full custom or COTS-based SaaS offerings.
Supporting technology solutions, the Eclipsys professional services team includes government Secret and Top Secret cleared personnel who perform installations, technical support and training for various projects and clients. Eclipsys also employs top project management resources, processes and standards to support our clients. The Eclipsys Project Management Office (PMO) provides the approach and support for Eclipsys to meet client priorities, including service delivery, timeliness, information and professionalism.
The PMO further supports Eclipsys in developing customer insight, understanding the user's experience and measuring service satisfaction.
Eclipsys’ philosophy towards customer satisfaction and continuous improvement is central to our key principles. The company is nimble and agile enough to be responsive and flexible with our clients, but large enough to deliver value at a reasonable cost and the quality of solutions and resources that our clients have come to expect.
Our commitment to building relationships and behaving as a partner to our clients, our ability to provide effective and efficient contracting solutions, and our on-time and on-budget delivery model, helps our clients deliver on their key initiatives. We have a proven track record of delivering high-caliber solutions and resources for our public and private sector clients.
Please visit our website for information about Eclipsys. www.eclipsys.ca
Please send resumes directly to the Eclipsys Human Resources Department citing “Senior Oracle Specialist DBA” in the subject line of your email submission;