Position: Quality Assurance (QA) Tester, experienced with UNIX operating system (Sun Solaris) and UNIX shell scripting
Contract: 3 months
Security Clearance: Secret
Eclipsys Solutions Inc. has a requirement for a Quality Assurance (QA) Tester.
The Resource will work with a centralized QA group to provide testing services for multiple systems.
Tasks and Deliverables
The Resource will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Plan, build and maintain test environments with useful test data for one or more project
- Develop test plans, test cases and procedures to uncover bugs and improve the overall quality of the infrastructure and applications
- Develop and maintain scripts and other assets that are used to support testing
- Carry out test plans and procedures; verify and document test results
- Manage the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Produce and present testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, defect age and trends
- Manage multiple work priorities and demands
- Track actual effort for all tests
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in testing complex, mission-critical infrastructure and applications, using a formalized system-testing process and automated test tools
- Experience developing test strategies, plans and producing test cases and scripts based on requirement documents or use cases
- Experience working in a team environment with IT infrastructure, application staff and clients
- Experience in testing complex, mission-critical, high-availability infrastructure and applications
- Knowledge of and experience with QA methods and practices, with a minimum of three years of hands-on experience in system testing
- Experience with UNIX operating system (e.g., Sun Solaris) and UNIX shell scripting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- English or French essential
Eclipsys Solutions Inc., is a Canadian-based systems integrator, and Oracle Platinum Partner, globally recognized as one of the highest levels of distinction within the Oracle Partner Network. Eclipsys is recognized as having one of the largest Oracle exclusive practices in Canada delivering complex technology projects and professional services for a multitude of private and public sector clients.
Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Eclipsys has branch offices in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. We strive to help our customers successfully address their most complex business challenges through strategic planning, development, implementation and integration of highly innovative, flexible and customizable solutions and services that integrate business processes and information technology. We create cutting-edge solutions for our clients by combining professional services capabilities with strategic technology partnerships to produce complete, integrated systems and business solution.
Building on strategic partnerships with technology companies including Oracle, Mitel Networks, Wesley Clover and others, Eclipsys' Technology Solutions afford our customers best-in-class hardware, software and telecom products services. We select world-class technology manufacturers and form strategic alliances – vertical partnerships and a practice model which offer our clients deep expertise in innovative technology. We combine our product offerings with proven, experienced professional services resources and project management to deliver scalable solutions, on-time and on-budget.
Eclipsys' technology practices include Oracle Cloud Optimization; Oracle Middleware; Oracle Engineered Systems; Oracle Database; and Oracle Hardware. Eclipsys works closely with clients to create and deliver cloud services that fit their business requirements, whether that includes on-site provisioning of hardware and software at your facility to create a private cloud, or physical data center optimization – all the way through to the creation, management and delivery of full custom or COTS-based SaaS offerings.
Our commitment to building relationships and behaving as a partner to our clients, our ability to provide effective and efficient contracting solutions, and our on-time and on-budget delivery model, helps our clients deliver on their key initiatives. We have a proven track record of delivering high-caliber solutions and resources for our public and private sector clients.
Candidates are requested to submit their resume for consideration.