Position: Oracle SOA Solutions Specialist
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Eclipsys Solutions Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Oracle SOA Specialist to assist one of our valued clients in Ottawa, ON
The Ontario One Call project is being undertaken to meet the provincial legislative requirements. The goal of the project is to integrate Ontario One Call with the City of Ottawa for the Water and Wastewater Services branches in the Environmental Services Department. This partnership would offer a single point of contact call system for all excavators.
The IT solution of the project is mainly dealing with system interfaces requiring major development work on Oracle Service Bus. The City requires consulting support to address skills or capacity gaps in order to complete the project on target date.
Terms of Reference
The consultant will perform the following tasks under the direction of and at the discretion of the Project Supervisor: -
1. Assist ITS staff with the maintenance, design and setup of an Enterprise Application landscape to support multiple and concurrent projects using the IBM Maximo technology and it’s supporting integrated technologies. (i.e. ESRI, LAGAN, Click, Syclo) . Assist City developers by coding and deploying web services on the SOA Suite. Participate in code reviews of web services as requested.
2. Assist with the maintenance, design and setup of redundancy of solution architecture to ensure reliable and consistence performance.
3. Assisting with integration issues and problem resolution.
4. Assist developers who are creating integration web services between the Enterprise Asset Management Solution and various back office systems by providing architectural advice.
5. Assist City developers by coding and deploying web services on the SOA Suite. Participate in code reviews of web services as requested.
6. Work with the GIS Services Branch, and EAM project developers to deploy web services and/or to connect the SOA Suite bus with the SAP PI and Maximo buses.
7. Participate in Maximo integration performance tuning efforts.
8. Assist in the integration of the Maximo and other business process supported by SAP, Click, GIS technologies.
9. Assist in the identification of services which are enterprise in scope and which have not been developed to that scale, then designs and implements the required changes.
10. Mentor and support City staff who are maintaining the integrations.
11. Work with staff and other consultants to determine how the Service Registry (UDDI) solution should be used in the clients SOA environment.
12. Modifies existing web services to work with the Service Registry (UDDI).
13. Assists with the client’s effort to develop a SOA Strategy. Resource may be consulted or be asked to attend meetings.
Responsible, with ITS staff, for the following deliverables (to be confirmed with the candidate):
1. Web Services construction and testing
2. Architecture reports for applications connecting to the SOA Suite.
3. Technical documentation for the all services developed and/or modified.
4. Documentation on support services provided to City staff
5. Document Support process and procedures for trouble shooting and dealing with component outages
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in architecture, design, implementation and support with the Oracle SOA suite.
Specialization and Skills:
5 - 7 years
Experience using a number of technologies including:
- Oracle SOA Suite (mandatory)
- Lagan integrations
- SAP PI
- Maximo integrations
- Unix (Sun Solaris), Windows
The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following:
- Development against the Oracle SOA Suite
- Application architecture and design using Oracle SOA Suite
- Web services integration with SAP PI and Lagan
- Enterprise web service architecture, design, implementation and maintenance
Candidate must be self-sufficient and have good English oral and written communications skills
Please submit resumes to Eclipsys Solutions citing SOA Solutions Specialist
About Eclipsys Solutions:
Eclipsys Solutions Inc., is a Canadian-based systems integrator delivering complex technology projects and professional services for a multitude of private and public sector clients on time and on budget. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Eclipsys is headquartered in Ottawa, ON Canada and has branch offices in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary employing over thirty (30) full time employees and consultants. We strive to help our customers successfully address their most complex business challenges through strategic planning, development, implementation and integration of highly innovative, flexible and customizable solutions and services that integrate business processes and information technology. We create cutting-edge solutions for our clients by combining professional services capabilities with strategic technology partnerships to produce complete, integrated systems and business solution.
Building on strategic partnerships with technology companies including Oracle, Mitel Networks and others, Eclipsys’ Technology Solutions affords our customers best-in-class hardware, software and telecom products and services. We select world-class technology manufacturers and form strategic alliances – vertical partnerships and a practice model which offer our clients deep expertise in innovative technology. We combine our product offerings with proven, experienced professional services resources and project management to deliver scalable solutions, on-time and on-budget.
Eclipsys is an Oracle Platinum Partner, globally recognized as one of the highest levels of distinction within the Oracle Partner Network, and has one of the largest Oracle exclusive practices in Canada. Eclipsys won the following three partner awards announced at Oracle Open World in October 2012:
2012 Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year – Global: Eclipsys Solutions – Server & Storage;
2012 Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year – North America: Eclipsys Solutions – Server and Storage; and Eclipsys Solutions – Hardware Momentum.
Eclipsys' technology practices include Oracle Cloud Optimization; Oracle Middleware; Oracle Engineered Systems; Oracle Database; and Oracle Hardware. Eclipsys works closely with clients to create and deliver cloud services that fit their business requirements, whether that includes on-site provisioning of hardware and software at your facility to create a private cloud, or physical data center optimization – all the way through to the creation, management and delivery of full custom or COTS-based SaaS offerings.
Supporting technology solutions, the Eclipsys professional services team includes government Secret and Top Secret cleared personnel who perform installations, technical support and training for various projects and clients. Eclipsys also employs international best practices and project management resources, processes and standards to support our clients. The Eclipsys Project Management Office (PMO) provides the approach and support for Eclipsys to meet client priorities, including service delivery, timeliness, information and professionalism. The PMO further supports Eclipsys in developing customer insight, understanding the user's experience and measuring service satisfaction.
Eclipsys’ philosophy towards customer satisfaction and continuous improvement is central to our key principles. The company is nimble and agile enough to be responsive and flexible with our clients, but large enough to deliver value at a reasonable cost and the quality of solutions and resources that our clients have come to expect. Our commitment to building relationships and behaving as a partner to our clients, our ability to provide effective and efficient contracting solutions, and our on-time and on-budget delivery model, helps our clients deliver on their key initiatives. We have a proven track record of delivering high-caliber solutions and resources for our public and private sector clients.