Ecclesiastical's mission is to be a successful specialty insurer with the highest standards of integrity and accountability to earn the required rate of return for our owner, a charitable trust, and to deliver value and specialized services to our core faith customers and the wider community, in a highly principled manner.
- Be fair and honest in all transactions with our customers, suppliers and staff seeking to do what is right and respecting the individual.
- Identify and fulfill the needs of our customers.
- Provide high quality, competitive and efficient services to our customers.
- Maintain a high reputation.
- Provide secure employment, safe and satisfactory conditions of work, fair and sufficient rewards to staff.
- Be conscious of the need to support the community and protect the environment in the way we operate and where we invest.
- Transact business with those who share our values.
Are You Ready To Learn the Industry and Become a Leader?
If you are a recent university graduate who is committed to making a difference in the world, the Ecclesiastical Business Intern Program may be just right for you. Our Program is a corporately-sponsored accelerated learning opportunity. Aligned with our business strategy of ‘home growing’ talent, it combines a hands-on approach to learning that includes a rotational training component and sponsorship to the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Program run by the Insurance Institute of Canada
Our interns supplement their CIP coursework with practical property and casualty experience while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and Ecclesiastical’s role as a specialty insurer within the Canadian market.
Business Intern Qualifications
- A university degree preferably in business studies or the liberal arts, from a recognized learning institution. An interest in Architecture, the Arts and/or Humanities would be considered an asset
- Work and/or volunteer experience
- A commitment to pursuing a career as an insurance professional
- A commitment to obtaining the CIP designation within a two year time period
- A strong work ethic and the ability to self-manage and multi-task within a team-based environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be adaptable, resourceful and willing to travel to Ecclesiastical’s regional branch locations (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Halifax) as required for short-term professional development opportunities.
Ecclesiastical offers a challenging and rewarding work environment and a competitive compensation package. Please apply in confidence by forwarding your resume and cover letter to the email provided.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ecclesiastical Insurance Office is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
For additional information about Ecclesiastical, please visit our website at: www.ecclesiastical.ca