Ecclesiastical Insurance is a specialist Canadian provider of customized insurance solutions. Working with a national broker network, we serve the insurance needs of communities and organizations that enrich the lives of others, as well as select commercial enterprises that can benefit from our value-added services. We also offer customized National Programs that meet the specific needs of member-based organizations.
- Be fair and honest in all transactions with our customers, suppliers and staff, seeking to do what is right and respecting the individual.
- Identify and fulfill the needs of our customers.
- Provide high quality, competitive and efficient services to our customers.
- Maintain a high reputation.
- Provide secure employment, safe and satisfactory conditions of work, fair and sufficient rewards to staff.
- Be conscious of the need to support the community and protect the environment in the way we operate and where we invest.
- Transact business with those who share our values.
Are you a recent university graduate who would like to build a career in commercial specialty insurance? If so, Ecclesiastical's BUSINESS INTERN (TRAINEE) PROGRAM may be the place for you.
This permanent full-time 3-year program provides an exciting, challenging and accelerated learning opportunity, which is unparalleled in the industry. Interns are offered ample opportunities to work with brokers and customers and to contribute through meaningful assignments. The program, which includes mentoring by senior management, takes a hands-on approach to learning and to growing leadership from within.
The Business Intern Program includes 2 learning streams:
1. A rotational component in which Interns participate in every aspect of the business - from underwriting and corporate services to risk control and claims services. Interns are also placed in the community to develop an understanding of the types of organizations we serve. Each rotation is designed to develop specific technical and leadership skills.
2. Full sponsorship to the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Program offered by the Insurance Institute of Canada. Leading to an internationally recognized professional designation, CIP requires students to take 10 courses and write a final national exam for each course.
- Possess a university degree from a recognized learning institution.
- Possess approximately 1 - 2 years of work or volunteer experience.
- Express a strong desire to pursuing a career in the insurance industry.
- Must be willing to commit to obtaining the CIP designation within three years.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to self-manage and multi-task within a team-based environment.
- Must be adaptable and resourceful.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills, with specific proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able travel to Ecclesiastical's other Canadian branches for short-term development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and covering letter, including salary expectations to the email address provided.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ecclesiastical Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Ecclesiastical, please visit our website: www.ecclesiastical.ca
No agencies or telephone calls, please.