EC Harris Employee Reviews

Very good
Regional Credit Control Manager (Current Employee) –  ManchesterJanuary 13, 2016
Joining a global organisation, I thought would have given me the continual drive to exceed expectations within my role & skill set.
Unfortunate for me, my role as been centralised to the Midlands region, of which I had no intention of relocating.
Pros
some very good benefits on offer to employees
Cons
Long hours at trigger points within the month
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton KeynesDecember 7, 2015
Enjoyed procurement activities in particular including pre_qualification of contractors, preparation of tender documents, out to tender, tender bulletins, receipt of completed tenders, financial and technical review, tender report & recommendation, place letter of intent/ prepare & issue contract documents.

I learned a lot in my time with YJL Construction, GTRM Ltd and EC Harris.

I believe that I enjoyed the respect of my co-workers.

There wasn't any part of the job that I found overly difficult whilst
I found it stimulating to mentor junior members of staff.
Pros
Free Private Healthcare, reasonable expenses
Cons
Long Hours
sterile environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ManchesterMarch 25, 2016
non team ethos, unexciting and boring environment, too procedural, reports and meeting for the sake of it, not much direction, stuffy approach to dress.
Pros
pension
Cons
felt like being at school not being able to have a sandwich at your desk
Amazing Company
Finance Assistant for SI (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at work consister of management of projects across the Social Infrastructure sector, securing pipeline wins, revenue and aligning costs to fees.

In the past three years I learned all about Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Ledger and reporting to shareholders.

The hardest part of my job was meeting deadlines at month-end, although these were never missed, it did equate to working longer hours to ensure everything had been reported accurately.

Brilliant company to work for - flexible, friendly and brilliant job prospects.

EC Harris offer great packages, a safe and friendly environment with a superb work life balance.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Commute/Cost
Productive and fun workplace
Primarily working as a Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds / ManchesterOctober 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting
Pros
Flexible hours
Brilliant admin based role
Receptionist / Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJuly 27, 2015
Busy environment, dead lines to meet, plenty of work to do, good organisational skills needed and great time management too.
Big organisation with a lot to learn
Corporate receptionist (Former Employee) –  London King's crossJanuary 13, 2015
EC Harris is a global company, I worked in the Headquater in King's cross where me and my team served over 200 visitors and 1000 employees a day.
Other than the typical receptionist responsibilities, we are also responsible for all the travel management for the employees. Furthermore, I was also responsible to update the reception handbook and to manage the team's diary.
This is the funniest job I have ever had, and it is valuable to learn in such a big organisation. Unfortunately due to study, I changed to the part time position for the last year with the company and I need to hunt for a full time job after I graduated in July 2014.
Pros
learn a lot from such a big organisation
Cons
typical company, leak of innovation.
Client and people focused
Learning and Development Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJuly 24, 2013
Varied role typical day would involve co-ordinating graduate internal pre-qualification and final assessment schedules and making sure all materials are issued to assessors and internal supervisor and counsellors, answering graduate queries. Supporting the Talent development programme and also the graduate development events. Updating master databases, working out accrurals for end of month.
Lots of cultural change after Arcadis purchase of EC Harris
Associate Partner (Former Employee) –  北京市, C22October 1, 2012
Managing projects is fine, but with EC Harris being purchased by Arcadis, there are now new masters and management struggles and politicking to see who will control which regions.

The hardest part of the job was reporting, internal meetings and the time it took away from running projects.

I loved my co-workers and the challenge of the projects. Hopefully the company culture will stabilize in the coming near future and in 2013, the company will be enjoyable to work at again.
Pros
projects - professional co-workers
Cons
management
Great people to work With
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 27, 2012
The company is great to work . Not everyday is the same , the interaction with people from different departments gives a better understanding of the interlinked processes.

The people that i work with are very friendly , no matter how busy they are they would always be willing to help.
Pros
shopping centres and railway station near by
Cons
no microwave in the breakout area
Secretary / Health & Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 5, 2013
Duties include administrative and secretarial support to the team of Health & Safety Consultants. Tasks include typing up fee proposals, opening up files for new clients, invoicing and collating professional CV's for Health & Safety bids. Assisting the consultants in sending up to date information to the HSE.
Pros
restaurant and a bar for employees
Productive and enjoyable company to work for
Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London, ENGJune 5, 2014
Fast moving and successful company to work for, good work environment. Not a place to sit back and relax. Friendly staff.
Pros
respected professional company, chance to travel, good conditions.
Cons
pressured environment, high travel costs, large company with the red tape to go with it.
Challenging
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  London Head OfficeMay 10, 2013
Constantly busy and complicated time management wise the most enjoyable part of the job were the outstanding members of my team
Pros
the people
Cons
values not always reflected by management
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Cost Consultant (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 27, 2012
good work life balance
good work experience
lots of travel
lots of great people
Pros
great place to work
Cons
non
Competitive environement
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  ENGLANDMay 19, 2014
EC Harris provide a competitive and challenging work environment
Pros
busy
Cons
Good
Junior IT Business Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 26, 2013
Very good place to work
Good environment to work, friendly and fun staffs.
Review Summary
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Senior Project Manager ELV (Current Employee) –  Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaAugust 16, 2013
Project and construction managing a 1.2 billion USD King Abdullah Sports City project for Saudi Aramco comprising a 60,000 seat stadium and associated arenas/facilities. Conducting design reviews and providing feedback to consultants. Participating in value engineering workshops and in regular design and construction progress meetings. Coordinating effective ELV/MEP/Architectural activities including all technical submittals processes, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, commissioning and handover. Advising the ELV design-build contractor, Samsung, on increasing productivity with the client, engineering consultants, architectural and MEP groups and other contractors. Coordinating with planners in developing schedules of ELV/MEP works to ensure detailed development is consistent with the overall project schedule. Technology systems include audio, video, public address/voice alarm, fire alarm, building management, telecommunications, data, wireless data, IP telephony, security access control, CCTV, large display, structured cabling, television broadcast, mobile telephone, tetra radio, outside plant and MATV/IPTV.
Quality work orientated
PMO Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  HeathrowJanuary 17, 2013
Start of the day would be with Performance and Delivery progress meeting. I learnt how to Final Account and prepare Final cost reports. Learnt to manage cost plans. Working on Legacy Projects, I dealt with third party and Stakeholders on daily basis. Held meetings with Client and Suppliers. On Olympic and Paralympics project managed budget of 29.6M - reported on Finance forecast v actuals.I ensured that all the purchase orders were within the agreed budet. I managed the purchase order tracker. I was responsible for raising all the purchase orders, variation of orders and preparing Application for payments onto Oracle Enterprise system. I had to cost audit application for payments. I really enjoyed working with both the teams as we all helped each other to achieve the deadlines set by the client. The chellenging part of the job was to get the suppliers to submit correct invoices in time and for Contracting officer to approve the final accounts Contract was for six months and I joined just before the Olympics, therefore the Heathrow was buzzing with high morale and everyone at Heathrow wanted to ensure that this was successfull. It was brilliant to be part of the team !!!
Pros
flexiblity of working hours. friendly team
I like the environment of work and my colleague
INTERIOR DESIGNER in Arcadis (Former Employee) –  Kwun Tong, KowloonApril 6, 2016
I learned the team work and more banking culture.
I like the environment of work.
Pros
salary package is excellent