eBay Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Pace
Picker, Putter, Packer (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NBJune 10, 2016
For picking have to walk around isles and pick clothes with an RF Scanner and pick the clothes and put them in totes
For putting you have to put the clothes in cubbies
For packing you pack the clothes into bags and then put the invoice inside and put it on the line
Pros
Easy
Cons
Gets Boring after a while
Over Worked and Under Paid
Cherry Picker/ Order Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2016
eBay is one of the worst companies to work for, very cheap, no overtime. Penny Pinchers that are operating on losses every year.
Do not waste your time with Ebay Enterprise, Its a Dead END job.
Pros
Good People To Work With
Cons
Crooked Management
Independent job
E-commerce Independent Retailer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
An independent job that can be managed at any part of the world.
Customers from different countries can buy products online.
productive and provide free lunches on weekends.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2016
I learn there how to work using RF scanner. My co-workers are very good and helpful. tthe most enjoyable part of job is everyone work independently . no one is depend on any other. Management is also very good.
Pros
free lunches
seller
Seller (Former Employee) –  ebay sellerFebruary 9, 2016
good experience if you want to start making some money on the side. Make sure you research the product before selling. good site over all to sell your products online
The most enjoyable part of the job
EBAY OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I love being a team leader as the rewards of watching your team grow within the company is very fulfilling. A typical day at work for me would be as follows:

Emails from 7-10AM
Coaching and development from 10-11AM
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
early mornings
self employed
KIJIJI SELLER (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJanuary 13, 2016
i had to manage inventory calculate prices to make sure i made a profit the hardest part iof the job was finding inventory and listing items to be sold
Handling problems online
Specialist (Technician Support) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2015
Its more than enough excited to work in the enviroment where you study.Got new new challenges everyday,when people place order on site and to process everything in order is more than challenging that being professional. Dealing with complaints ,scams that people try to do with items .
Pros
caught scams
Cons
i would love to caught scams
A big family
Account Takeover (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 12, 2015
eBay, a work and life balance employer. The CEO at the time had an open door policy and was extremely down to earth and modest in his career. Bonus - vending machines were free for all employees, along with hot beverages, pastries every Thursdays. Quarterly bonuses was great. Too bad they closed down in BC and expanded in USA
Fun workplace.
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 7, 2015
I get to enhance my communication skills and interact with people of different nationalities. I was able to practice and develop patience in dealing with difficult customers. The management was motivating and so are my co-employees. Although this job is a strenous one, I was still able to enjoy it especially because of the out of town bonding.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Long hours and strenuous job
eBay Enterprise (Fulfilment Centre)
Fulfilment / Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Peak season runs from Halloween to New Years; during this time work days run long and weekend shifts are expected (work/life balance is for February through September).

The wages are just north of minimum wage but the benefits are (Health, RRSP matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance). While it is worth it to participate; it can be difficult to contribute to the RRSP/ESSP when the wages are so low.

As with many warehouse/distribution jobs the workforce combines employees and agency staff. Persistent agency staff are regularly offered employment. And despite the turnover in agency staff; the efforts made to keep the culture positive is mostly successful.

The management is young, still learning and progressing in many areas.
Pros
Employee rewards and recognition for suggestions, positive action, involvement.
A good platform to meet customers' need
Propriétaire d'une boutique (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 28, 2015
Customers on eBay are very nice and we all have very good purchase or sale experience. Learned how to face different requirement from customers and keep them satisfied during their purchase.
Not at all
2nd Shift inbound lead (Former Employee) –  6100,freemont blvd,Mississauga, onJuly 7, 2015
Ebay inc, wherehouse workplace work as ' UPH ' unit per houre,
Nav to jan 2ed. it very beeze time long hr shift.my hardest part of the job,is Mangment not help for any issue.the most enjoyable part of the job is Reciving,profiling & fix problem.
Pros
Not at all
Cons
8 hr Shift
Benefits
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2015
There is a great benefits working in this company also its very secure and a great place to work. Everyone helps each other and friendly environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
A day it work was very active. Never a day you had nothing to do. I learned many applicable skills that could help me for the future and in many other advanced jobs. My co-workers were very supportive and fun to be with. It made working a lot easier due to the fact that there was always help around you. The only difficult part of the job was receiving the wrong orders and doing your best to correct them. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job was working and getting the job done in time.
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Cons
Showing up on a slow day with not much work
productive work place
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2015
• Preparation of relevant reports and documents for senior managers.
• Ensuring all administrative records are completed accurately.
• Resolved Customer complaints and interacted with customers to provide efficient service in person and over the phone.
• Managed the Shipping and Receiving of deliveries
productive
Inbound Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
My favorite parts of this job included the ability to work independently (trust from EMPLOYERS) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Good Place to work.
Tote Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2015
This was a general labour job which was the first of its kind for me.I have enjoyed working in Ebay and I've to quit this as I have started a course to resume my career in Banking or Sales. Good Place to work in terms of environment and culture.
Great environment for work, before and after work
Community Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2014
Best company set up I've seen. Great training classes and upgrading. Modern equipment for business. Places to relax for eating or breaks, free drinks. Great employees and co-operative. Gym, lunch rooms, private phoning rooms and semi-private email stations for public use.
Pros
super great work environment
Cons
long commute
The working environment was fantastic
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Started office at 7am till 4:30pm. Everyday is a new learning experience and also had the opportunity to train the new employees. The work was great and very interesting and always did something new.
Pros
management was friendly and very helpful.
Cons
i did not face any issues with them