eBay

eBay Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
EBAY OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: early mornings
I love being a team leader as the rewards of watching your team grow within the company is very fulfilling. A typical day at work for me would be as follows:

Emails from 7-10AM
Coaching and development from 10-11AM
self employed
KIJIJI SELLER (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJanuary 13, 2016
i had to manage inventory calculate prices to make sure i made a profit the hardest part iof the job was finding inventory and listing items to be sold
Handling problems online
Specialist (Technician Support) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: caught scams
Cons: i would love to caught scams
Its more than enough excited to work in the enviroment where you study.Got new new challenges everyday,when people place order on site and to process everything in order is more than challenging that being professional. Dealing with complaints ,scams that people try to do with items .
A big family
Account Takeover (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 12, 2015
eBay, a work and life balance employer. The CEO at the time had an open door policy and was extremely down to earth and modest in his career. Bonus - vending machines were free for all employees, along with hot beverages, pastries every Thursdays. Quarterly bonuses was great. Too bad they closed down in BC and expanded in USA
Fun workplace.
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 7, 2015
Pros: High salary
Cons: Long hours and strenuous job
I get to enhance my communication skills and interact with people of different nationalities. I was able to practice and develop patience in dealing with difficult customers. The management was motivating and so are my co-employees. Although this job is a strenous one, I was still able to enjoy it especially because of the out of town bonding.
eBay Enterprise (Fulfilment Centre)
Fulfilment / Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Employee rewards and recognition for suggestions, positive action, involvement.
Peak season runs from Halloween to New Years; during this time work days run long and weekend shifts are expected (work/life balance is for February through September).

The wages are just north of minimum wage but the benefits are (Health, RRSP matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance). While it is worth it to participate; it can be difficult to contribute to the RRSP/ESSP when the wages are so low.

As with many warehouse/distribution jobs the workforce combines employees and agency staff. Persistent agency staff are regularly offered employment. And despite the turnover in agency staff; the efforts made to keep the culture positive is mostly successful.

The management is young, still learning and progressing in many areas.
A good platform to meet customers' need
Propriétaire d'une boutique (Current Employee), MontrealJuly 28, 2015
Customers on eBay are very nice and we all have very good purchase or sale experience. Learned how to face different requirement from customers and keep them satisfied during their purchase.
Not at all
2nd Shift inbound lead (Former Employee), 6100,freemont blvd,Mississauga, onJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Not at all
Cons: 8 hr Shift
Ebay inc, wherehouse workplace work as ' UPH ' unit per houre,
Nav to jan 2ed. it very beeze time long hr shift.my hardest part of the job,is Mangment not help for any issue.the most enjoyable part of the job is Reciving,profiling & fix problem.
Benefits
Receiver (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2015
There is a great benefits working in this company also its very secure and a great place to work. Everyone helps each other and friendly environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay & benefits
Cons: Showing up on a slow day with not much work
A day it work was very active. Never a day you had nothing to do. I learned many applicable skills that could help me for the future and in many other advanced jobs. My co-workers were very supportive and fun to be with. It made working a lot easier due to the fact that there was always help around you. The only difficult part of the job was receiving the wrong orders and doing your best to correct them. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job was working and getting the job done in time.
productive work place
Receiver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2015
• Preparation of relevant reports and documents for senior managers.
• Ensuring all administrative records are completed accurately.
• Resolved Customer complaints and interacted with customers to provide efficient service in person and over the phone.
• Managed the Shipping and Receiving of deliveries
productive
Inbound Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
My favorite parts of this job included the ability to work independently (trust from EMPLOYERS) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Good Place to work.
Tote Sorter (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2015
This was a general labour job which was the first of its kind for me.I have enjoyed working in Ebay and I've to quit this as I have started a course to resume my career in Banking or Sales. Good Place to work in terms of environment and culture.
Great environment for work, before and after work
Community Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: super great work environment
Cons: long commute
Best company set up I've seen. Great training classes and upgrading. Modern equipment for business. Places to relax for eating or breaks, free drinks. Great employees and co-operative. Gym, lunch rooms, private phoning rooms and semi-private email stations for public use.
The working environment was fantastic
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management was friendly and very helpful.
Cons: i did not face any issues with them
Started office at 7am till 4:30pm. Everyday is a new learning experience and also had the opportunity to train the new employees. The work was great and very interesting and always did something new.
Productive experience
Inventory Control Clerk/Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), RiverportNovember 4, 2014
Productive and organized factory and learned to workaccordingly and on time to every position according to producing quanities of solutions to trial and error. Co-workers were friendly and never interrupting production but could have been more prompt with working the assigned job criterias without much trial and error.
Best company I have ever worked for in my life
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: coffee, vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays, staff dinners, birthday presents, anual gifts from the company, gifts with training to remember key elements like rasci
Cons: closed the office in burnaby
eBay valued each employee.

They had several perks free coffee, free vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays every holiday they would feed the staff at a staff dinner.

They had lots of monetary rewards in place for the top 15% CSRs that I had obtained almost religiously. They had rewards in place for best email responses, best help. They had rewards in place for teams to achieve on a quarterly basis. Bonuses at Christmas, stock options. This was the best company I have ever worked for hands down.

Management was great from Meg Whitman to my floor lead. Meeting our company CEO was great.

Measurable results: Balanced Average Metrics evaluated personal achievements, encouraged personal growth I loved BAMs and reviews with management.
picking and packing of orders
order picker and packer (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy a lot over there and learned AS 400 system, management too good I learned how to pick the order by using RF scanner and manually as well how to pack order by using AS 400 system.
Fun place to work. Many events and activities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2012
Working condition was great. eBay provided every office supplies. I really liked free vending machine. Supervisor and managers were friendly. However, sitting in the computer for 8 hours chatting with customers was not that easy.
Environnement de travaille agréable
Vendeuse (Former Employee), Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QCFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: très bon salaire tout en s'amusant
Cons: rester assise reste long
Une journée de travaille semble toujours agréable avec EBay , tu socialise , informatiquement avec d'autre culture , pour vente d'objets l'égal. Avec EBay, tu développe une langue différente, tu développe une compétition envers tes rivaux. je jouais le rôle de mon propres personnel responsable de mes ventes. l'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste se jouais sous les différentes langue autre que le Français et l'anglais. L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste , étais d'apprendre sur d'autre culture.