eBay

eBay Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work. Many events and activities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2012
Working condition was great. eBay provided every office supplies. I really liked free vending machine. Supervisor and managers were friendly. However, sitting in the computer for 8 hours chatting with customers was not that easy.
Its okay,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UTApril 18, 2014
Pros: pays okay
Cons: hard to move up.
Work is fine, but it seems like the company itself wants to crawl before they can walk, they make millions of dollars yet can't make a website fully functional. Moving up requires a lot of networking.
a great place to work and great atmosphere
Site Services lead Tech level 3 / Disk Scrub Tech (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: great place to work
a typical day at work starts at 7 am and review the work that you have ahead for the day
what you learned learn new technology
management is great
your co-workers excellent work atmosphere
the hardest part of the job leaving the job
the most enjoyable part of the job the people to work there
....
Product Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 17, 2014
Great working environment, really cool people.

Agile methodologies are impressive in their implementation given the size of the company.

Great place to learn and progress in your career.

A lot of bureaucracy outside of the development department.
great place to learn and grow
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 15, 2014
Love this company! They really care about their employees and truly promote work life balance. There are a lot of re-orgs so things change a lot but they usually try to find another position for the good performers.
Fun workplace on website
Entrepreneur/Owner (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2014
Learned all process starting from sourcing to selling.
The hardest part is to do the customer service.
The most enjoyable part of the work is customer give me a positive feedback.
A great second income
Ebay Sales (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: working when it is most convenient for you.
Cons: not having a constant flow of income.
Ebay is a great introduction to starting a home business. It teaches you shipping, responsibility of what we offer for sale, we must stand behind and be responsible for.
Call Center Atmosphere
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: learn how to be successful as an ebay seller, assist wonderful customers and learn from them, meet new people with the same interested in austin. policies are changing.
Cons: not a livable wage, swing shifts 3pm-12am and no shift bids, poor management
Rather remain a seller on eBay than work there. Love the culture and eBay as a corporation.
Very fun and keeps my skills up to par
Entrepreneur (Current Employee), Largo, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: i'm my own boss
Cons: not continual money coming in
I do research of what is popular and then I create my pieces based on popularity and I have been successful so far; I have had 2 customers requesting custom orders.
Great Place!
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2014
A childhood dream job, excellent people, excellent projects.
Ok place to start
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: over worked and underpaid
Horrible experience. If you don't like IT stay away. Management needs to be more engaged it employees needs and create an envornment where there is a work life balance.
duties
Sales - Key Account manager (Former Employee), dublinMarch 28, 2014
• Managed a portfolio of 50 Italian key eBay merchants, increased their business, incremented their catalogue, optimized sales and opened new international markets.
• Sourced deals and promotions in the Motors and Home & Garden sectors for the Italian key account management team.
• Analyzed and understood the clients and their business, including their – more... future business direction.
• Represented the Italian Account Management Team during the annual eBay Seller conference in Rome.
• Designed and created a business plan for Motors Parts & Accessories section on eBay’s Daily Deals page which was accepted by senior management and launched Q2 2012.
• Generated over 30% of all Home & Garden “Daily Deals” Gross merchant Value (GMV).
• Created and submitted a business plan for Sporting Goods Section on Daily Deals page which was accepted by senior management and launched Q3 2012.
• Consistently achieved all targets growing client portfolio by 15%. – less
EBAY
Online Chat Support (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 27, 2014
Pros: nice benefits, ocassional free lunches, great camaraderie, free soda, indoor theater, gym
Cons: one of the worst customer service, training experiences ever!
Ebay is a company mainly concerned with helping itself. Employees are treated well with free access to all state of the art amenities, insurance benefits, dual monitors, and free soda with free snack day once a week. As a customer trying to buy/sell using the eBay venue, however, they are the WORST company ever! I have actually heard co-workers use – more... phrases like "that's our policy" and "you're right, it's not fair" when speaking with or chatting to customers. – less
NA
SAP BO Lead (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2014
Excellent company to work with. Lots of opportunities for growth.
Ebay was great
Senior Staff Systems Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose CaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: amazing people
Cons: towards the end of my time at ebay we were hyper focused on things that seemed less important
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. I worked with some very talented people.
Excellent Call Center
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UTMarch 16, 2014
Pros: postive work enviroment. supportive management staff.
Cons: not being able to make every customer happy.
eBay has the best state of the art call center. To have the tools and resources available to assist our customers on their first call and to provide them with options available to enhance their experience with ebay was extremely important.
The management staff allowed you to do what was right for the customers while providing you with options and feedback – more... on what could have been best for the customers.
All of your co-works with eBay came into work ready and wanting to assist each and every customer. The positive atmosphere was contagious and inspiring.
The hardest part of the day was knowing you were not going to make each and every customer happy.
The most enjoyable part of the day was when you were able to share you knowledge not only with our customers but with your co-workers. – less
Fun Work Place
Packing Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2014
Great Place to work for
Very Easy
Very Productive
Good people to work with and for
A very enjoyable experience!
Owner Home Business (Former Employee), 241 Deerfield Drive Bristol, TN. 37620February 26, 2014
Pros: setting my own schedule
Cons: the economy has decreased sales
I have enjoyed and learned a lot from this experience! I have enjoyed the challenge of operating my own business.
Great place with great coworkers
Senior Visual Designer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Brainstorming sessions, wireframe presentation and creative development of online campaigns for the C2C/B2C Monetizing audience of eBay.

Creative design for email, web app mobile and desktop LP, banners and visual placements for the main eBay LP.

HTML/CSS coding, image editor and quality optimization.
Fun experience and i liked working on the computer. obtained life skills
Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: long lunch break, fast paced
Cons: under the table pay, not a secure job
Working on eBay my work day would typically begin at 10 am I would get the items together that needed to be listed on that day. I would prep the items (example : counting stamps and putting them in order to be scanned into the computer). This job required a bit of patience due to the fact that we would have to wait on the auctions to be over to send – more... the items off. I enjoyed working with co workers and being part of a team it helped when questions arose. the hardest part of the job had to be organizing the merchandise such as stamps or documents as for the tended to be a bit time consuming. all in all I found this job to be quite enjoyable as for I like working on computers and I liked being able to work with the valuable merchandise. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more