eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The working environment was fantastic
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management was friendly and very helpful.
Cons: i did not face any issues with them
Started office at 7am till 4:30pm. Everyday is a new learning experience and also had the opportunity to train the new employees. The work was great and very interesting and always did something new.
Productive experience
Inventory Control Clerk/Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), RiverportNovember 4, 2014
Productive and organized factory and learned to workaccordingly and on time to every position according to producing quanities of solutions to trial and error. Co-workers were friendly and never interrupting production but could have been more prompt with working the assigned job criterias without much trial and error.
Best company I have ever worked for in my life
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: coffee, vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays, staff dinners, birthday presents, anual gifts from the company, gifts with training to remember key elements like rasci
Cons: closed the office in burnaby
eBay valued each employee.

They had several perks free coffee, free vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays every holiday they would feed the staff at a staff dinner.

They had lots of monetary rewards in place for the top 15% CSRs that I had obtained almost religiously. They had rewards in place for best email responses, best help. They – more... had rewards in place for teams to achieve on a quarterly basis. Bonuses at Christmas, stock options. This was the best company I have ever worked for hands down.

Management was great from Meg Whitman to my floor lead. Meeting our company CEO was great.

Measurable results: Balanced Average Metrics evaluated personal achievements, encouraged personal growth I loved BAMs and reviews with management. – less
picking and packing of orders
order picker and packer (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy a lot over there and learned AS 400 system, management too good I learned how to pick the order by using RF scanner and manually as well how to pack order by using AS 400 system.
Fun place to work. Many events and activities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2012
Working condition was great. eBay provided every office supplies. I really liked free vending machine. Supervisor and managers were friendly. However, sitting in the computer for 8 hours chatting with customers was not that easy.
EBay
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free water.
Cons: short breaks.
Working was a enjoyable experience. working for Ebay I learned how to pack and also wrap gifts. Their management team is really helpful and caring. Some coworkers we're rude but I learned ignore people. The hardest part about working for them is that you have color coordinate certain orders.
eBay Culture
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 11, 2014
I loved working for these guys. It was a great, relaxed environment with a terrific work ethic beneath everything. My problem was that I was a contractor and got caught in a layoff. None of the eBay people wanted me to leave. But that didn't make the difference.
The eBay developers are a great bunch of people and if you're lucky enough to get in there, – more... count your blessings and work hard. It's worth it. – less
Unstable work environment
Seasonal Representative (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: two paid 15 minute breaks
Cons: mandatory undertime
The job itself is a peaceful job to work in but the management for the Sports department has way to much drama. The best thing to do is to find a secluded computer and just work.
Productive and boosting workplace.
Logistics Coordinator & PowerSeller (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: awesome environment for community interactions and sales.
Cons: high sales percentages.
Executed all clerical/administrative tasks and provided member services. Performed supervision and mediation over stocks, sales, trades, and profitable gains. Accelerated through a thorough understanding of the project and company policies and guidelines, and how they were best executed. Administered acts upon phone reception, banking, payroll, typing, – more... accounts payable, accounts receivable, money transfers, and basic operation duties daily under the authority of eBay, Inc. Appointed additional leadership positions, marketed, and solicited all brands of electronics. – less
Great for self starters
Online Auctioneer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: work from home, be your own boss
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours in the day
If you can motivate yourself to work from home, then this is a great job. It's just you and your clients, nobody else. You get out of it what you put into it. I only stopped because of health benefits. You're on your own being self employed.
Great for personal life
Self Employed Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 4, 2014
Great place to work if you have somewhat odd hours or need to make your own schedule.
productive unsure of actual hours to be worked
warehouse worker (Current Employee), walton, KYDecember 3, 2014
schedule was 6am-4:30pm Tuesday - Friday. Mandatory over time was every day not scheduled. There were days we wouldn't be there for an hour but would get sent home due to no work.
People
Calls Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: bonues, incentive for working holidays, prize drawings, work acknowledgements.
Cons: hiring team, mangers organization for flexible hours. inconsiderate for single moms.
Most people may not consider this, but where you work is only one important factor. A major factor is the people you work with as well as for. You want to have Managers who care about your growth and care about the company, as well as fellow employees who are teaching correctly to the new comers and actually acknowledge concerns of them. This company – more... is much like this, though the hiring team are very disrespectful and always looking for and making excuses. – less
I am my own boss.
Ebay Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Greendale, WIDecember 1, 2014
I frequently attend estate sales, rummage sales, and thrift stores to purchase products for resale, photograph, write descriptions, post products on ebay. Mail out sold products in a timely manner, in order to insure customer satisfaction. Send out buyers feedback, verify Paypal account balance.
A unlimited electronic market place with world wide appeal
Sales Proffesional (Current Employee), Germantown, WIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great exposure, #1 rated internet market venue.
Cons: profit and shipping and funds processing sharing.
Experienced professional with more than 12 years commitment in emphasizing sales, marketing and business development in internet sales along with the drive, determination, and expertise to take your sales to the next level.
-- Sales
 -- Networking
 -- Internet Marketing
 -- Budget Management
 -- Customer Service
-- Inventory
Sold on Ebay from home office
Registered Ebay Seller (Former Employee), Stanhope, NJ work from homeNovember 30, 2014
Pros: worked on my own time schedule
Work was done part time from my home as a seller on Ebay. Made own hours, worked alone. Received 100% feedback, made sure all items were packed securely and sent out in a timely manner. Ebay did not hire me per se. After purchasing so many things from Ebay myself, I decided it would be a fun way to make extra money and began selling on the website.
Big Data eDiscovery
TAM Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: nice campus
Cons: contract
Predictive Coding and scoring tools were used to find the most relevant documents for Legal Hold and Legal review by Corporate Attorneys.
Productive Busy Environment
Site Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, hard management
Daily job:
Handle cash transactions
Balance and check all checking, savings and business accounts
Make sure cash drawer tallied at the end of the day
Make sure all checks are accounted and credited for
Handle loans and loan payments

The hardest part of the job was pressure from management to make sure the customer is happy and the transaction was done – more... in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working and bonding with the employee's. – less
Great company
Head of Text and Product Listing Ads (PLA) (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 21, 2014
That offers work life balance, great technologists, top level talent to work with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 20, 2014
I have been an ebay seller for several years now. I have sold collectibles and more recently am a clothing seller. My ebay experience has had it's ups and downs over the years but mostly due to user error and NOT to ebay's customer service or support.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more