eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive experience
Inventory Control Clerk/Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), RiverportNovember 4, 2014
Productive and organized factory and learned to workaccordingly and on time to every position according to producing quanities of solutions to trial and error. Co-workers were friendly and never interrupting production but could have been more prompt with working the assigned job criterias without much trial and error.
Best company I have ever worked for in my life
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: coffee, vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays, staff dinners, birthday presents, anual gifts from the company, gifts with training to remember key elements like rasci
Cons: closed the office in burnaby
eBay valued each employee.

They had several perks free coffee, free vending machines, begal tuesdays, cookie wednesdays every holiday they would feed the staff at a staff dinner.

They had lots of monetary rewards in place for the top 15% CSRs that I had obtained almost religiously. They had rewards in place for best email responses, best help. They – more... had rewards in place for teams to achieve on a quarterly basis. Bonuses at Christmas, stock options. This was the best company I have ever worked for hands down.

Management was great from Meg Whitman to my floor lead. Meeting our company CEO was great.

Measurable results: Balanced Average Metrics evaluated personal achievements, encouraged personal growth I loved BAMs and reviews with management. – less
picking and packing of orders
order picker and packer (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy a lot over there and learned AS 400 system, management too good I learned how to pick the order by using RF scanner and manually as well how to pack order by using AS 400 system.
Fun place to work. Many events and activities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2012
Working condition was great. eBay provided every office supplies. I really liked free vending machine. Supervisor and managers were friendly. However, sitting in the computer for 8 hours chatting with customers was not that easy.
Big Data eDiscovery
TAM Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: nice campus
Cons: contract
Predictive Coding and scoring tools were used to find the most relevant documents for Legal Hold and Legal review by Corporate Attorneys.
Productive Busy Environment
Site Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, hard management
Daily job:
Handle cash transactions
Balance and check all checking, savings and business accounts
Make sure cash drawer tallied at the end of the day
Make sure all checks are accounted and credited for
Handle loans and loan payments

The hardest part of the job was pressure from management to make sure the customer is happy and the transaction was done – more... in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working and bonding with the employee's. – less
Great company
Head of Text and Product Listing Ads (PLA) (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 21, 2014
That offers work life balance, great technologists, top level talent to work with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 20, 2014
I have been an ebay seller for several years now. I have sold collectibles and more recently am a clothing seller. My ebay experience has had it's ups and downs over the years but mostly due to user error and NOT to ebay's customer service or support.
My Customers
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly coworkers, excellent supervisors.
Cons: short breaks.
I talk to over a hundred people a day during my calls, and I must say that I love it. I meet so many people, and some of them have the most amazing stories and are just the nicest people. I have my angry customers, of course, but even those are good.
Great Place To Work
Senior Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
eBay is a great place to work. The health benefits are incredible and the work life balance with pto, sabbatical, wfh opportunities are great. Advancement is great. And if you are willing to move, there are even more opportunities to continue your career in San Jose.
Work on your own time schedule
Internet Sales -eBay-My Sister's Armoire (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 13, 2014
It is nice to work on your own time schedule and still have time to fit in family.
Great teamwork
Seller Development Team (Current Employee), Dallas TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: alot of time off available when needed
Cons: no room for real advancement
I enjoyed working with all the employees, everybody was very friendly. The management was very supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with unhappy sellers.
RIT QAAutomation
• Creating XML's based on XSD's and sometimes using XML's only
 – more... Validating Tests using data driven Automation approach through RIT
• Worked on various message patterns like Send\Receive, Publish, Subscribe
• Used Tag-store to Parameterize the XML requests, flat .dat files through RIT
• Setting up validation structures through RIT, generating XML's and setting rules based on the
Map files
• Automating end-end flow of a Retail application – less
The Grass is only greener where you water it.
Business Development Team Leader - Level III (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits & compensation
Cons: cmanagers & directors without vision, only execution.
eBay's benefits are what makes the company so attractive. They diluted the quality of candidates by lowering their standards over the past few years to allow non-degree applicants to hold leadership positions; which has attracted lower level under-performing, sometimes scheming managers to run things. Manager Level & Above Leaders are arrogant and lack – more... true desires to be creative. I always hear...pull a lever, or go for the quick win. Nobody really invests in the big win (long-term strategies). – less
Great technology, awesome ideas, fun place to learn, apply what you've learnt and have a great time creating great flawless experiences for customers
MBA Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 6, 2014
Fun culture, intelligent people, challenging problems to solve - all that young curious mind needs. Great place to work and great company to be proud to be a part of. Oh, and did I mention the fun culture?!
Great Company
EBay Education Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVNovember 5, 2014
Great place to work buy and sell antiques and collectibles.
Supervisor Duties
Supervisor (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: crowded work areas
• Answered escalated calls to customers whose issues were yet to be solved.
• Placed orders when necessary
• Gave promotional codes to the businesses that called for price changes.
• Reviewed previous orders for credit card fraud.
Good people to work with.
packer/ machine operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, OhioNovember 3, 2014
Pros: lots of available overtime
Cons: too many drug addicts.
Enjoyable job and plenty of extra hours. worked 12 hour days for 7 days a week.
Best Place I Ever Worked
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 30, 2014
Pros: great work culture; nicest set of people i ever worked with, and free pepsi!
Cons: worked as contractor
I only worked four hours a day but they were the best four hours I ever worked in IT. I was the only IT support for 200+ developers and they were the nicest set of people I ever worked with. Even the most difficult problems they brought to me were manageable and they dealt with any tragedies (data loss, dead hard drives, etc.) with great aplomb.
I learned – more... the finer points of PXE imaging, inventory management, Casper Suite deployment and Remedy ticketing.
Management loved having me there and hated to see me leave, as did I. – less
It was very good experience working with all my clients
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2014
Management was very supportive
Work environment was good
Good working hours

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more