Eaton

Eaton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee), AlbertaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: fare benifits
Cons: the office didn't seem to have control of the people
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs.
job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2014
Pros: enhance skill
Cons: loose old co workers
working last five years, looking for new challenges and opportunities.
Improvement required
Engineer (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: friendly co-worker
Cons: an environment of distrust, backbiting and poor management all the way from the headoffice to the plant manager
Company not doing well, losing money. Products are not up to par, lots of customer complaints. Senior leaders of the organization are not present, don't hear from them and don't see them. They don't care for the employees. Cannot trust the managers at headoffice. This is a company that is very slow to react to problems. There is a culture of promoting your terrible managers instead of addressing the problems. Very demotivating environment
productive and interactive work environment
Clerk (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 18, 2014
 Accurately entering data into Oracle to ensure proper account of inventory and timely delivery to appropriate warehouse locations
 Responding to inquiries from planners and management regarding the status of incoming shipments in a timely manner
 Communicating with receivers to prioritize the delivery of rush parts into inventory
 Efficiently navigating Oracle to retrieve part locators, BOH quantities, dates of inventory delivery, and other order information as required
 Resolving any discrepancies between shipments received and corresponding information on packing slips
 Other ad-hoc duties as required (creating SRA forms, issuing miscellaneous receipts, investigating aged purchase orders/requisitions)
Great place to work if you are full time
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), MiltonFebruary 8, 2014
Only hired on as a temp which means low pay as a university grad and no benefits, although I appreciate the valuable experience.
Think twice
Any (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 5, 2012
Think twice before considering this company.
Do a lot of research untill you are aware of everything you want
The workplace enhance and develop my skills and professions
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbSeptember 23, 2012
 Coordinated with COE, Mechanical designer, wiring coordinator and shop foreman.
 Using PDAS drawings, equipment list, vendor drawings and other documentation to produce detailed electrical design and drawings.
 Managed the production drawings based on the plant production schedule and coordinated with the drafting department in India (L&T) to provide wiring diagram.
 Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of assigned work.
 Prepare and modify drawings, using AutoCAD, for customer approval, manufacturing and as-built revisions for control and distribution assemblies from 120V to 25kV. Drawing types included front view, base plan, power flow, three line, control schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials and nameplates.
Great company
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2015
good people, excellent leadership, great benefits. The higher up, the harder work life balance is, but they are really comfortable with allowing employees to work from home. 5% 401k matching, which is very competitive
Production Supervisor at Eaton Corp
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Arden, NCJanuary 21, 2015
•Manage and facilitate day-to-day operations of Medium Voltage Drives (MVD) lines overseeing two production shifts of 18 personnel each resulting in 30 million dollars in 2014 as compared 22.35 million dollars in 2013.
•Lead, facilitate and coordinate production activities and resources per established practices and/or polices to ensure the timely delivery of quality equipment that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
•Create a culture that encourages cross training and flexing along the production line. MVD constantly pushed a “Zero Incident Culture,” which included 0 near misses and 0 recordables in 2014, while also encouraging 100% participation EBS (Eaton Business System) which includes: E-star, Peer-to-Peer Observations, Kiazen Events, and Safety Observations.
•As the Kiazen Event Coordinator for MVD, I have established several metrics which allowed the product line to save 3 million dollars by reducing scrap of parts.
•Established a metric to drop overtime from 17.25% in 2013 to 13.35% in 2014.
•Conduct daily status meetings, for the plant, to discuss deliverables, critical issues, status of allocated hours, workload, shipments, and other plant needs.
Good Workplace
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Glendale Heights, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Eaton is a very good company with exciting compensations and I like to work here. The management and coworkers are very helpful. Good thing is you work as a team. They give you choice of working from home as well. There are no sick days and the vacation is just 10 days.
Eaton is a great company to work for
Product Line Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great work invironment
Cons: very large company
Work in sales and product line manager. Eaton has very high standards for their employees and a very ethical company. I enjoy working for Eaton.
I was able to work closely with office colleagues, and being a national company and my unit was a national service offering, was able to travel to various locations, and interact with over 50 district office and personal in the service side of the business.
Good Company .Retired in August 2014 .
Forge Oper (Former Employee), Belmond, IAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: 7 day a week . monthly .
Enjoyed People and Employment 31 yrs . Challenging on daily basis. Learned a lot about people. And machines .
new company recently bought Cooper power systems
Job setter/painter (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: awards for service years and family days
Cooper Power Systems was a good job. Benefit package seemed to be better than other manufacturing in the area. Pay was competitive.
small number of employees, communication between management and employees was satisfactory. conditions were very hot during summer months not all departments had AC
Hot work
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Belmond, IAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very hot
The plant averaged 90 deg in the winter and about 110 deg in the summer. Stand in front of a fan if you apply and get hired.
Productive and very goal oriented company
Assembly/Production Worker (Former Employee), Lincoln, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, good pay, always had work to be done
Cons: i would say the only con is that you didn't have to much family time
My typical day at Eaton consisted of filling orders at the consumers request as well as stocking our warehouses. This job really taught me how to be a very quick hands on learner as well has how to efficiently handle any down time that we might have had. The job was very well mixed with different ethnicities so it gave you a chance to get to know other cultures by working with others.
About my job at Eaton
forge press operator (Former Employee), Belmond, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits and food
Cons: mandatory 7 days a week
I started my day by clocking in. Then i changed clothes into my work uniform in the locker room. Then walked across the floor to the forge press. Checked all my tooling to make sure it was set up the way it should because one wrong piece of tooling could result in death. Then look at my sheet to tell me what valves i had to press that night. Turn on my machine, hit my forge lube a few times, then let the slugs run till the accurate temperature was there and stable, then hit my first press. Id run about 150 to 200 slugs, constantly gauging them to make sure there within 5 thou on either high or low side. Then at about 200 slugs i had to shut down and change tooling. That was the most important part of safety because with measurements so tight, one mistake could literally lead to death. Then after 12 hours of that i had to clean and prep machine for the next shift. Management was great. They constantly pushed safety always. Safety is the most important part of a job. I learned that there and how to always make sure to let other people know that. Hardest part was tooling. The people was the most enjoyable part. Always worked together to get through the night and go home to our families.
Great pay and benefits but poor work life
CNC Machinist/Setup (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: working everyday
Eaton is on of the best paying jobs.. Eaton has good benefits compared to other jobs.. But I hope you like to work everyday ..
Eaton is very know to require overtime and 7 days a week work week,,

Management depends on the shift and person.. some are very strict were others are not.. Management changes very often.. Some will back you up and get what you need other do not...

Co-workers are the best willing to help you when needed .. I depend on my co-workers more then my Management more for the vast experience they have,,

The hardest part of my job is having to work 7 days a week...
Worst Job Ever
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 12, 2015
this was by far the worst shop i ever worked in. the workload was crazy and you always had someone breathing down your neck. constant overtime required.
Eaton Corporation
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Great company to work for! Awesome work/life balance and the company focuses hard on job security for its employees.
Management out of touch with floor/employees
Assembler (Former Employee), Youngsville NC PlantJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: unfair payscale for different jobs
Started work at 6am... Worked on assembly line producing power control units.The line i was on had four stations and i was traind on three ,which i liked that part.. Our dept was short staffed which made for some stressful days. Most of the time we would run our line for 1st half of day and then had to pack out units for shipping the last half of day.. Leadership was very unprofessional on our line which caused a lot of low moral and issues within dept.not a lot of room for advancement within ,unless you had a degree. I enjoyed the work overall but leadership made it difficult.. Overall a good place to work if you are a person that likes to be micro- managed..

1 2 3 4 5

About Eaton

Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our – Read more