Eaton Employee Reviews

Active, quick learner
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada13 March 2017
Typical working days starts at 8am with morning 15 minutes safety meeting, normal review of customer orders, and on-going monitoring and supervision of the production line.
Pros
groups gathering, dady day, social activities, etc.
Cons
working on weekens
Friendly and focused atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2017
This company is extremely professional, and job focused. They treat their staff with fair compensation. The downside is: they are prone to slow down periods and frequent layoffs.
Pros
Fair and competitive wages
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Excellent company to work for
Regional Service Sales Manager, Ontario (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
fast paced environment, tight deadlines, learned quite a bit of other aspects of the electrical industry. Overall a very enjoyable work culture. A leader in their industry.
Productivity and challenging work processess
Supervisor OPEX Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Haina, Dominican Republic4 August 2016
* In a typical day at Eaton the most important is to assure that all the variables are working properly in order to accomplish the daily production load and quality specifications.
* I learned that always thinks can be improved.
* In the management is very important to be align the business needs with metrics and daily activities.
* The co-workers must be part of your project plans and me of them.
* The hardest part of the job is when the changes does not depend of your direct actions.
* The most enjoyable part is when you get the results with the combination of a a good project plan and execution getting the business goals and the team well-being.
Pros
Excellent training and development plan for employees
Best place to learn and work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 July 2016
Best office environment with professional people.
 Reconcile customer’s accounts and help to resolve invoicing discrepancies and disputes
 Set up collection call list. Ensures the timely and accurate payment
 Process debit/credit card payments. Applying payments to the Assets Receivable Module
 Review the accuracy of account information and classification, maintain customer files
 Assist in the process of new account application, conduct credit checks, obtain trade references
Good for build up your carrier with team work
Panel board Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Good to work three, Good salary and benefits, taking care for employs. I enjoy to work.company provide good training for related to job.
Challenging and motivating workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
I managed over 15 employees by setting a good example of an ethical hard working manager.
Adjusting sales strategy in weekly bases and as needed
Coach and trained employees.
Turning and unsatisfied customer into happy and loyal customer by listening and understanding their need and going extra mile to provide the assistance and the help needed.
Constant changing environment but a fairly stable job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
It is just like any other job, love hate relationship.
Sometimes you are just too busy and sometimes, there is nothing to do. I learnt about marketing, technical support and I also learnt some project management. There was not too much management involvement that affected me, I felt like I was responsible for myself most of the time as the management team did not deliver the messages I had. Sometimes, co-workers will take advantage of you and give you more responsibilities and management will do nothing to change that. Adapting to the environment described above can be tough but it is a good company overall but there were no job advancement for me and I could not get any other positions with the company. I enjoyed spending time with some of my co-workers and customers, a lot of communication skills are needed and I felt like I developed a lot of it with my position.
They advertise themselves as having competitive salary but it is not.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
co-workers taking advantage, no motivation, blaming others
Nice clean place to work, great management and coworkers, nice cafeteria
Electrical Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON25 February 2015
I have to say it was such a pleasure working for Eaton, management and coworkers were easy going and respectful. The production floor and building in general was well maintained, there was no health or safety issues, employee lunch room was also kept neat and tidy. My most enjoyable time at Eaton was working with fantastic coworkers.
Pros
Company Perks, such as free dinners and donuts
Cons
Low wages
Good Company for Electrical Engineers
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2015
A good company with a reasonable amount of variety in their work. While there are positions for Mechanical Engineers, there is very little mobility or opportunity for advancement outside of a small number of positions. Electrical engineers have significantly more mobility and opportunity for advancement in the company.
Pros
Friendly employees
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
Eaton's Cooper Lighting Division - Project Coordinator

I have had a great time working at Eatons Cooper Lighting Business. I would like to further grow my career, and there currently are not very many opportunities here. The work was always challenging and I learned alot of the Electrical Industry, lighting products and related products as well as business.
Pros
Good pay
Improvement required
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada10 March 2014
Company not doing well, losing money. Products are not up to par, lots of customer complaints. Senior leaders of the organization are not present, don't hear from them and don't see them. They don't care for the employees. Cannot trust the managers at headoffice. This is a company that is very slow to react to problems. There is a culture of promoting your terrible managers instead of addressing the problems. Very demotivating environment
Pros
Friendly co-worker
Cons
An environment of distrust, backbiting and POOR management all the way from the headoffice to the plant manager
productive and interactive work environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 February 2014
 Accurately entering data into Oracle to ensure proper account of inventory and timely delivery to appropriate warehouse locations
 Responding to inquiries from planners and management regarding the status of incoming shipments in a timely manner
 Communicating with receivers to prioritize the delivery of rush parts into inventory
 Efficiently navigating Oracle to retrieve part locators, BOH quantities, dates of inventory delivery, and other order information as required
 Resolving any discrepancies between shipments received and corresponding information on packing slips
 Other ad-hoc duties as required (creating SRA forms, issuing miscellaneous receipts, investigating aged purchase orders/requisitions)
The workplace enhance and develop my skills and professions
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab23 September 2012
 Coordinated with COE, Mechanical designer, wiring coordinator and shop foreman.
 Using PDAS drawings, equipment list, vendor drawings and other documentation to produce detailed electrical design and drawings.
 Managed the production drawings based on the plant production schedule and coordinated with the drafting department in India (L&T) to provide wiring diagram.
 Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of assigned work.
 Prepare and modify drawings, using AutoCAD, for customer approval, manufacturing and as-built revisions for control and distribution assemblies from 120V to 25kV. Drawing types included front view, base plan, power flow, three line, control schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials and nameplates.
It was a really good company to work for.
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2013
-Contacted so many different customers to make me feel interested to do the job enjoyable
-My co-workers and my manager were very helpful and supportive
-I learned how to make the customer to pay the outstanding balance and how to solve the problems also learned how to processed credit card payments
Enjoyable place to work, good people!
Logistics Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph on.2 March 2014
Good place to work, if they had not closed the plant. the people I worked with were easy to get along with and worked as a team. A lot of paper work is required in order to get the product shipped out, paper work must be correct for shipments to leave the plant.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
plant closed
ok- not great
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2015
good to work if your older and want a safe workplace, definitely a more of an end of life job( gets you pension and moderate job security)
Pros
Safe, Clean, Employeees are great
Cons
Median Age of workers is like 40+, Communication isn't clear, conflicting ideas
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 August 2014
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs.
Pros
Fare benifits
Cons
The office didn't seem to have control of the people
Productive and interesting work place.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2013
• a typical day at work.
* how to assembly control panels with "Visor" and "Supervisor" electric.spike protector.
* good and organised corporate management.
* solid corporate and good thinking.
* no hardest part of the job.
* learning new things, gadgets.
Friendly, Positive and Productive Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2012
My co-workers were always willing to help. With the diversity of people in the office, I always felt at ease. For example, I thought going in, that I would have to go to university to become an engineer, but there was one person there that went to SAIT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.