Eaton

Eaton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee), AlbertaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: fare benifits
Cons: the office didn't seem to have control of the people
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would – more... be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs. – less
job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2014
Pros: enhance skill
Cons: loose old co workers
working last five years, looking for new challenges and opportunities.
Improvement required
Engineer (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: friendly co-worker
Cons: an environment of distrust, backbiting and poor management all the way from the headoffice to the plant manager
Company not doing well, losing money. Products are not up to par, lots of customer complaints. Senior leaders of the organization are not present, don't hear from them and don't see them. They don't care for the employees. Cannot trust the managers at headoffice. This is a company that is very slow to react to problems. There is a culture of promoting – more... your terrible managers instead of addressing the problems. Very demotivating environment – less
Great place to work if you are full time
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), MiltonFebruary 8, 2014
Only hired on as a temp which means low pay as a university grad and no benefits, although I appreciate the valuable experience.
Think twice
Any (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 5, 2012
Think twice before considering this company.
Do a lot of research untill you are aware of everything you want
The workplace enhance and develop my skills and professions
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbSeptember 23, 2012
 Coordinated with COE, Mechanical designer, wiring coordinator and shop foreman.
 Using PDAS drawings, equipment list, vendor drawings and other documentation to produce detailed electrical design and drawings.
 Managed the production drawings based on the plant production schedule and coordinated with the drafting department in India (L&T) to provide – more... wiring diagram.
 Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of assigned work.
 Prepare and modify drawings, using AutoCAD, for customer approval, manufacturing and as-built revisions for control and distribution assemblies from 120V to 25kV. Drawing types included front view, base plan, power flow, three line, control schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials and nameplates. – less
it a fun and safe work place manegment was great
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: team building
great crew members great management very flexible steady hours we also do team building were we all get together for lunch and also go for team building
Best job ever
Assembler (Current Employee), Reno,NVAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, management
I assemble different items also love working with my co-workers learned what it means to me also very happy with my job.
high expectations for IT employees
System Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lousy managment
Have to manage everything, very little support available. Sink or Swim mentality
good place to work. learned how to build surge protection units.
Electro-mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Youngsville, NCAugust 21, 2014
good job good benefits.enjoyed working there learned alot.
relaxed place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 21, 2014
load and unload cnc machines and take care of changing the tools and inspect the parts that i run
Great place to work, great people to work with
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: they have a cafeteria on site, great and fun people to work with
Cons: a lot of mandatory overtime
From my first day to my last day at Eaton. I really enjoyed all the people I have the privilege to have worked with. I will miss all the food that we got to eat. don't know how I didn't gain any weight after almost ten years. The company showed a lot of respect to all the vets that they have working there, by having a veterans day with cake and ice – more... cream a long with everyone bringing in any memorabilia from when they served in the military. – less
it had a nice lunch area
assembler (Former Employee), Arden, NCAugust 20, 2014
it was good to learn how to put wires in places to make it work and it all come together at the end.
Large Diverse Organization with global opportunities.
Senior IT Analyst - NA Central Southeast Zone (Current Employee), Gainesboro, TNAugust 19, 2014
Large Diverse Organization with global opportunities. The company is very ethical and very process driven.
Large company with focused initiatives toward growth and expansion.
Operations Manager/Focus Factory Manager (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: opportunity to get involved with emerging technology and operating systems
Cons: larger companies sometimes lose connection with the lower level workforce
Opportunity to lead the lean implementation including the development of empowered work teams. Also involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Operating System.
Eaton Corporation Review
Senior Buyer (Machined Components) (Current Employee), Bethel, CTAugust 16, 2014
Eaton is a blue-chip company that has been in business for over 100 years. It has grown through acquisition and expansion of existing model plants which brings challenges and opportunities to the work force.

My day is broken up between reviewing upcoming demand, delivery schedules, and fixing shortage issues & strategic planning to help improve overall – more... plant profitabiltiy through cost out initiatives.

The management team at my current facility is top-notch and are all driven and powerful leaders that I am confident will go far within Eaton if they choose to stay.

Most challenging part of my job is understanding various job skills-my position requires at a minimum a basic understanding of engineering, customer service, production, & SIOP, as well as a calm demeanor when handling supply chain problems on the back end (my supply base).

Most enjoyable part of my job is new technology roll-outs and seeing the future of flight in the world and knowing that I am helping bring high-tech products to market. – less
Great work environment
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. No one micro-manages, Eaton trust there employees to be professionals. Incentives are the only downfall, you are penalized for sucess. Meaning if you have a great year, the next year for incentives will be unattainable.
Flexible workplace
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Van Wert, OHAugust 13, 2014
Learned alot about the operations side by doing job instructions and control documents and working with the Engineers
Decent pay and benefits, lots of confusion within the organization
District Operations Manager (Current Employee), MissouriJuly 30, 2014
Too many silos to get anything done quickly. Many adversarial relationships between divisions and no sense of urgency to help customers.
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee), PuneJuly 28, 2014
Good Company to work with, very much employee oriented. Needs Improvement from Management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Eaton

Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our – Read more