Eaton Employee Reviews in Canada

Productivity and challenging work processess
Supervisor OPEX Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Haina, Dominican RepublicAugust 4, 2016
* In a typical day at Eaton the most important is to assure that all the variables are working properly in order to accomplish the daily production load and quality specifications.
* I learned that always thinks can be improved.
* In the management is very important to be align the business needs with metrics and daily activities.
* The co-workers must be part of your project plans and me of them.
* The hardest part of the job is when the changes does not depend of your direct actions.
* The most enjoyable part is when you get the results with the combination of a a good project plan and execution getting the business goals and the team well-being.
Pros
Excellent training and development plan for employees
Challenging and motivating workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
I managed over 15 employees by setting a good example of an ethical hard working manager.
Adjusting sales strategy in weekly bases and as needed
Coach and trained employees.
Turning and unsatisfied customer into happy and loyal customer by listening and understanding their need and going extra mile to provide the assistance and the help needed.
Constant changing environment but a fairly stable job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
It is just like any other job, love hate relationship.
Sometimes you are just too busy and sometimes, there is nothing to do. I learnt about marketing, technical support and I also learnt some project management. There was not too much management involvement that affected me, I felt like I was responsible for myself most of the time as the management team did not deliver the messages I had. Sometimes, co-workers will take advantage of you and give you more responsibilities and management will do nothing to change that. Adapting to the environment described above can be tough but it is a good company overall but there were no job advancement for me and I could not get any other positions with the company. I enjoyed spending time with some of my co-workers and customers, a lot of communication skills are needed and I felt like I developed a lot of it with my position.
They advertise themselves as having competitive salary but it is not.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
co-workers taking advantage, no motivation, blaming others
ok- not great
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 18, 2015
good to work if your older and want a safe workplace, definitely a more of an end of life job( gets you pension and moderate job security)
Pros
Safe, Clean, Employeees are great
Cons
Median Age of workers is like 40+, Communication isn't clear, conflicting ideas
Nice clean place to work, great management and coworkers, nice cafeteria
Electrical Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Perth, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I have to say it was such a pleasure working for Eaton, management and coworkers were easy going and respectful. The production floor and building in general was well maintained, there was no health or safety issues, employee lunch room was also kept neat and tidy. My most enjoyable time at Eaton was working with fantastic coworkers.
Pros
company perks, such as free dinners and donuts
Cons
low wages
Good Company for Electrical Engineers
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 7, 2015
A good company with a reasonable amount of variety in their work. While there are positions for Mechanical Engineers, there is very little mobility or opportunity for advancement outside of a small number of positions. Electrical engineers have significantly more mobility and opportunity for advancement in the company.
Pros
friendly employees
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Eaton's Cooper Lighting Division - Project Coordinator

I have had a great time working at Eatons Cooper Lighting Business. I would like to further grow my career, and there currently are not very many opportunities here. The work was always challenging and I learned alot of the Electrical Industry, lighting products and related products as well as business.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Very good company to work for
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 12, 2015
Every morning there was a meeting letting all of us know if we were ahead or behind. For me that was very helpful. I learned a lot.
Improvement required
Engineer (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 10, 2014
Company not doing well, losing money. Products are not up to par, lots of customer complaints. Senior leaders of the organization are not present, don't hear from them and don't see them. They don't care for the employees. Cannot trust the managers at headoffice. This is a company that is very slow to react to problems. There is a culture of promoting your terrible managers instead of addressing the problems. Very demotivating environment
Pros
friendly co-worker
Cons
an environment of distrust, backbiting and poor management all the way from the headoffice to the plant manager
The workplace enhance and develop my skills and professions
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AbSeptember 23, 2012
 Coordinated with COE, Mechanical designer, wiring coordinator and shop foreman.
 Using PDAS drawings, equipment list, vendor drawings and other documentation to produce detailed electrical design and drawings.
 Managed the production drawings based on the plant production schedule and coordinated with the drafting department in India (L&T) to provide wiring diagram.
 Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of assigned work.
 Prepare and modify drawings, using AutoCAD, for customer approval, manufacturing and as-built revisions for control and distribution assemblies from 120V to 25kV. Drawing types included front view, base plan, power flow, three line, control schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials and nameplates.
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 24, 2014
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs.
Pros
fare benifits
Cons
the office didn't seem to have control of the people
Over regulated
Production Aluminum MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
To many rules make what could be a fun job very miserable. Managers and safety coordinators are incompetent and micro-manage.
Pros
simple jobs
Cons
bad managers
it a fun and safe work place manegment was great
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2012
great crew members great management very flexible steady hours we also do team building were we all get together for lunch and also go for team building
Pros
team building
Great place to work if you are full time
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  MiltonFebruary 8, 2014
Only hired on as a temp which means low pay as a university grad and no benefits, although I appreciate the valuable experience.
job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2014
working last five years, looking for new challenges and opportunities.
Pros
enhance skill
Cons
loose old co workers
Think twice
Any (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 5, 2012
Think twice before considering this company.
Do a lot of research untill you are aware of everything you want